Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. (588 Views)

How Police Seized $91 Million Worth Of Cocaine Branded In Lionel Messi's Name / Argentine President Begs Messi To Come Back - Pix / Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by Paretomaster(m): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2015
A 28-year-old agricultural engineer held
captive for three days in the west African
country claims name-dropping his famous
compatriot calmed his violent aggressors
An Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria claims he
owes his life to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.
Santiago Lopez Menendez, a 28-year-old
agricultural engineer, had been working in the
west African nation since last year, planting
soya and corn crops close to Kontagora in the
north-west of the country.
But he was kidnapped earlier this week and
beaten violently by his captors, who hardly
spoke any English and thought he was north
American.
It was then in desperation that Menendez tried
to tell them he was Argentine and he was
eventually able to calm down his aggressors
with repeated cries of "Messi, Messi, Messi".
Held captive for three days, the engineer was
eventually released after the company who
employs him paid an undisclosed ransom to
the kidnappers.
Back in Argentina, his brother Jorge spoke to
Clarin and said: "'Tell them I am grateful to
Messi', he told me. 'Naming him is what saved
me.'"
Menendez is now safe and will return to his
homeland in the next few hours.

www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2015/06/29/13138982/mentioning-messi-saved-my-life-says-argentine-kidnapped-in?ICID=HP_BN_1
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by Paretomaster(m): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Booked, just in case.
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Paretomaster:
Booked, just in case.
In case of?
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by sikirus81(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2015
Secnd to cmnt o
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by oyindare(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2015
grin
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by BCISLTD: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2015
Fake news...na Messi name them go chop
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by damonvamp: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Lionel messi, worlds greatest

1 Like

Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:57am On Jun 29, 2015
When someone says expect the unexpected, slap them and say I bet you didn't expect that!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Incase it makes Front Page
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by holuwamurewa(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2015
This land is not for sale
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by Alkidam(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2015
Is the dude trying to insinuate that lionel messi is a god?
Re: How Mentioning Messi's Name Saved Argentine From Kidnappers. by Paretomaster(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Freemanan:
In case of?
Lalasticlala.

(1) (Reply)

Oliseh Is On The Right Trajectory / Barcelona Most Successful Manager Diagnosed With Lung Cancer / Chelsea FC: John Obi Mikel Defends Mourinho - We Are Solidly Behind Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.