Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? (470 Views)

Why Don't We Have Rollercoasters In Nigeria, I Like It / Beggar Gifts Groundnut Oil To Lady Who Usually Gives Her Token On A Daily Basis / Mysterious Islamic Tribe Where Women Embrace Sexual Freedoms & Don't We (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? by ozaw123: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2015
The culture of giving and sharing gifts during occasions like Birthdays, Marriages, Baby Christening, Mother's Day, Christmas celebrations have died in Nigeria. I remember back in the day when I was much younger and when it comes to my birthday, I get gifts from friends, well wishers and family members but these days, nothing like gifting anymore. All you get is a happy birthday or a picture of you on people's DP. What happened to the spirit of gifting and expression of love and valueing of friendship through gifting? What really went wrong? I am guilty as well. For me it is just the wahala involved combing the street of Lagos trying to get access to gift for someone. Here is a gift from me to you guys. Enjoy and have a nice week ahead.

Re: Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? by HungerBAD: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2015
The Economy became bad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2015
My dear, i tire o! Abuja case over bad....just zero your mind as in OYO na your case when it comes to Wedding, Naming ,Child dedication or any party that naturally people are supposed to give you gifts. They will come early to the Venue, eat all the 'eatables' and leave *i dey guilty too sha but na them teach me* undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Don't We Give Gifts During Celebrations Anymore, What Went Wrong? by ozaw123: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
My dear, i tire o! Abuja case over bad....just zero your mind as in OYO na your case when it comes to Wedding, Naming ,Child dedication or any party that naturally people are supposed to give you gifts. They will come early to the Venue, eat all the 'eatables' and leave *i dey guilty too sha but na them teach me* undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
cheesy cheesy lol @ na them teach me

(1) (Reply)

Travelers Stranded As Boko Haram Attack Kano-maiduguri Highway / If Your Name Has One Of This Letters. A,E,I,O,K. You Are.......... / Punch Website Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.