Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series (2287 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Ball Joint / Honda Accord Ball Joint Pulled Out On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / 2000 Toyota Corolla, Golf 3, BMW E36, C Class C180: Which Is Cheap To Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2015
I'm driving a BMW E36 American Spec Coupe.... i'm having issues with the front tie rod and ball joint lately, which I took the car for repairs, unfortunately the mechanic guy ripped me off by taking off the ball joint and tie rod to refurbish it (changing the rubber at the ends or maybe hitting the ends with a heavy metal for it to be firm) twas ok for the first two days till I drove the car to a bad road and it starting making the unusual noise like something wanna pull out under the car....

Now I wanna know how much a new ball joint and tie rod assembly cost for E36 1999 Series, and I stay in Uyo, Akwa Ibom and unfortunately I dunno where to see a good BMW mechanic here.... and the cost for a clutch release bearing.... cos some of dis mechanics are willingly to rip you off if you don't know the price of a car part

So any ideas?

Any most of all...The car is a BEAST!! Low fuel consumption and an M-Package Ride

I need ur ideas to get dis Machine back to the road again
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by marshalcarter: 11:26am On Jun 29, 2015
FADA-GAZZUZZ Lomomike Ikenna Motoring sport

Oyaaaa make una chuk mouth for dis tory grin

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2015
marshalcarter:
FADA-GAZZUZZ
Lomomike
Ikenna
Motoring sport

Oyaaaa make una chuk mouth for dis tory
grin

I dey wait ooo angry cheesy
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Oga @GAZZUZZ
@Lomomike how far? undecided
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
fashrola:
Oga @GAZZUZZ
@Lomomike how far? undecided

I am in Abuja, I can easily get it here and send it to you via AKTC on your own bill
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
lomomike:

I am in Abuja, I can easily get it here and send it to you via AKTC on your own bill

I wanna know the cost.....
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
fashrola:

I wanna know the cost.....
I'm not a spareparts dealer but I can visit spareparts shop for the parts. Meanwhile, is your car an all wheel drive or rearwheel, is it 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder?
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
lomomike:
I'm not a spareparts dealer but I can visit spareparts shop for the parts. Meanwhile, is your car an all wheel drive or rearwheel, is it 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder?

It's an all wheel drive and a 4 cylinder engine

BMW E36 99model coupe
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
fashrola:

BMW E36 99model coupe
When I'm less busy, I'll find out and give you info. Hope its okay by you?
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
lomomike:

When I'm less busy, I'll find out and give you info. Hope its okay by you?

Sure!!!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 30, 2015
fashrola:

BMW E36 99model coupe

Is it?

To my knowledge, the E36 Coupé was never available with AWD. The E46 Touring had the X option, and a handful of sedans. AWD however was never available in conjunction with the I4 engine. They were 2.0/2.5 I6 motors.

The E30 was also available with AWD. No E36 - Coupé, Sedan or Touring were ever available with AWD.
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2015
Siena:

Is it?

To my knowledge, the E36 Coupé was never available with AWD. The E46 Touring had the X option, and a handful of sedans. AWD however was never available in conjunction with the I4 engine. They were 2.0/2.5 I6 motors.

The E30 was also available with AWD. No E36 - Coupé, Sedan or Touring were ever available with AWD.

I thought it's an AWD
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2015
fashrola:

I thought it's an AWD

No. RWD only.
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2015
Siena:

No. RWD only.

Ok thx for the knowledge
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thx guys I was referred to a mechanic in Uyo and he got a 'Tokunbo' ball joints each for 4k and a new tie rod for 2.5k... Now the beast is back on the road roaring grin

And the guy did a perfect job!!!
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by marshalcarter: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
fashrola:
Thx guys I was referred to a mechanic in Uyo and he got a 'Tokunbo' ball joints each for 4k and a new tie rod for 2.5k... Now the beast is back on the road roaring grin

So u don do am nd u no tell me angry

Congrats!!!!! grin

Drive tha beast from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
marshalcarter:

So u don do am nd u no tell me angry

Congrats!!!!! grin

Drive tha beast from HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
grin
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by MOBBDEEP: 12:35am On Jul 02, 2015
fashrola:

Is it Udeme at Idoro Road/Expressway?
If not, where is the Automobile Technician located?
Thank you
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
MOBBDEEP:

Is it Udeme at Idoro Road/Expressway?
If not, where is the Automobile Technician located?
Thank you

Nah Ndiana at IBB way back of Ibom Hall
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by MOBBDEEP: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
fashrola:

Nah Ndiana at IBB way back of Ibom Hall

Thanks Brother
Pls, I'm in Uyo too
I use a 2004 E46 320i

Can you kindly drop his contact here or at my email address : seyiogundipe@gmail.com

I need someone who can help me change the Pre-Cat Oxygen Sensors
The guy I used to service my car last time really made have doubt in them.
After using an injection-cleansing liquid to spray the MAF Sensor, he then used a rag to vigorously mop/wipe it dry which was very wrong.
I don't want to risk going back to him
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
MOBBDEEP:

Thanks Brother
Pls, I'm in Uyo too
I use a 2004 E46 320i

Can you kindly drop his contact here or at my email address : seyiogundipe@gmail.com

I need someone who can help me change the Pre-Cat Oxygen Sensors
The guy I used to service my car last time really made have doubt in them.
After using an injection-cleansing liquid to spray the MAF Sensor, he then used a rag to vigorously mop/wipe it dry which was very wrong.
I don't want to risk going back to him

Check ur email
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by MOBBDEEP: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
fashrola:

Check ur email
Thank you Sir I deeply appreciate!!
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by fashrola(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
MOBBDEEP:

Thank you Sir
I deeply appreciate!!

How far? Any Progress?
Re: Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series by MOBBDEEP: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
fashrola:

How far? Any Progress?
The sensors are yet to arrive. Once I get them, I'll go see him & I'll give you a feedback! Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Process Of Getting A Lerner Permit And Price / Rover 600 Series Cars / You Cannot Steal This Car Battery!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.