Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. (837 Views)

Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hi Nlanders. Please I need help on how to build back my faith in God.
I use to be prayerful and dedicated to God, but there is something I have been asking God for 5years now. I have prayed and fasted yet I got no answer from God. So I lost faith and trust in God. I stopped praying, going to church and reading my bible. Now I fill empty, like as if something is missing in my life. But I don't know where to start from. Sometimes my little daughter would want us to pray but I will just ignore her. What do I do?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Don't rush it. If you try to jump into it,or start panicking you will fall backwards the more. Maybe you should start with giving God thanks and praises

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Jackeeh(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
A piece of advice to you. It helped me. It may help you too. Serve God for who He is. And not because of what you want Him to do. And you won't even know when He gave you that thing you were asking for. It will take you by surprise when you focus on the Giver and not the gift. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by mofayodeyahoo: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Join a well known penticostal church with sound bible knowledge as if you are on transist
infact if possible in your first day don't border come out as a first timer
definitely you will we be happy wit yourself in a short time
Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Anas09: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
My dear. You can be asking wrongly and out of his will, which means, it might not serve God's purpose at the long run.
Have you found out his will is concerning what you want?
When the situation is wrong and you are wrong,
God says 'No'
When the situation is wrong and you are right, God says 'SLOW'.
When the situation is right and you are wrong, God says 'GROW'.
When the situation is right and you are right, God says 'Go'.
He never fails, that will be denying Himself. Keep faith.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thank you all. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
ebyjoyken:
Hi Nlanders. Please I need help on how to build back my faith in God.
I use to be prayerful and dedicated to God, but there is something I have been asking God for 5years now. I have prayed and fasted yet I got no answer from God. So I lost faith and trust in God. I stopped praying, going to church and reading my bible. Now I fill empty, like as if something is missing in my life. But I don't know where to start from. Sometimes my little daughter would want us to pray but I will just ignore her. What do I do?

It is well. You can do all things through God{relative} who strengthens you.

Look inward.... All you need is within you.
Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Anas09:
My dear. You can be asking wrongly and out of his will, which means, it might not serve God's purpose at the long run.
Have you found out his will is concerning what you want?
When the situation is wrong and you are wrong,
God says 'No'
When the situation is wrong and you are right, God says 'SLOW'.
When the situation is right and you are wrong, God says 'GROW'.
When the situation is right and you are right, God says 'Go'.
He never fails, that will be denying Himself. Keep faith.
Shalom

cheesy see rhymes.

If you're asking against God's will, God will not answer that prayer, because you're exactly were God wants you to be right now.

Very wrong mentality....

whatever you want, you can get it! Use your will power to drive yourself to get whatsoever you want. What you want is what God will give you.

*God is relative.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build Back My Faith In God. by mmsen: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
If you have doubts or questions then they are issues that will not be resolved by pretending that they are not there - which is what it sounds like the OP is trying to do.

There is a reason why it is called 'faith' and not truth or fact - you are acquiescing to someone else's lie.

(1) (Reply)

13 Reasons Why Adebayor Dumped Christianity For Islam / Catholic Priest Jailed For Touching Woman Private Parts / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.