Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. (767 Views)

3 Things Every Healthy Looking Girl Can Agree To / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by Oises: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
1. The woman you're most jealous of is jealous of someone else's body. She may even be jealous of yours! I swear this is a thing. The grass is always greener.
2. Someone else would kill to have some aspect of your body. You have huge boobs and you want small boobs. Someone else has small boobs and they wish they had your big boobs. It's kind of sad to think about, right? So screw that and love what you have!
3. No, it's not possible to eat one piece of cake and gain 10 pounds overnight. Eat it. Then don't eat cake tomorrow. Or eat it for three days in row and then eat really well for a week. Similar note: You can't lose 10 pounds overnight. It's not a thing.
4. Everyone thinks their feet look weird. Feet are weird.
5. The size on the tag really doesn't matter. That may vary from brand to brand anyway, but what matters is how it looks on you and how you feel in it.
6. Anyone who makes you feel bad about your body (intentionally or not) isn't worth it. And there is a 100 percent possibility they're actually unhappy with themselves in some way. Happy people don't make other people feel badly. They just don't.
7. Water is a good thing always. Yes, it tastes like liquid rocks but it really makes a huge difference in how you feel.
8. When you feel really good, you look really good. I know it seems complicated because you also feel really good when you feel like you look your best, but truly, if you're happy, you look hot as helllll.
9. Trust your body when it tells you it's hungry and then eat something. It's OK to be hungry! You are a person who subsists on food!
10. Some days you're going to be starving and eat like a monster, and some days you won't be as hungry. It all evens out. Don't panic.
11. Just because you're naturally thin doesn't mean you don't need to exercise. Weight loss/maintenance is not the only reason to work out. Getting high off endorphins feels amazing no matter what size you are.
12. Body size does not directly correlate with health. Many overweight women are perfectly healthy and many thin women are very unhealthy. Don't judge a book, or yourself, by its/your cover.
13. The thing you're most insecure about is probably something no one else even notices. Oh, your calves are slightly larger than you feel they should be? No one has ever had this thought but you. People are not visual calf measurers. But they sure will look for it once you complain about it.
14. If a guy doesn't like your body, it doesn't mean you need to change your body, it means he's not right for you. Agh, I know this one sounds like such bullshit because you like himsoooomuch and you never feel this way, etc., etc., etc. I hear you. But I promise you, one day you will find someone who thinks all the things you think are "problem areas" are gorgeous.
15. If a certain type of exercise makes you hate working out, stop doing it. There's definitely a different type that will be more fun, and let's be honest, if you hate it, you're going to drop it eventually. Why not just drop it now?
16. Having only a latte for breakfast is garbage and you should not do it.I mean, do it once in a while if you have to, I get it. But overall, eating regularly scheduled good-for-you meals keeps your metabolism up and running and healthy for real.
17. Your vagina is normal. Stop feeling weird about your vagina. Unless it looks like there is a literal pineapple growing out of there, it's normal. Vaginas come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and scents.
18. Oh my god, go TF to sleep already. Staying up all night is great, but almost nothing feels better than a really, really good night's sleep. Plus, your skin will look like a damn baby's in the morning because babies love sleep and their skin rules. Also, their skin rules because they are babies but this point is legit.
This post originally appeared in cosmopolitan.com
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by phransix147(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Introvert u need to know this...
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by osaslord500(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
This is crazy
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by jimohibrahim(m): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hmm.... Interesting
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by Minet16(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
OP i like you, you'll pass for a motivationl speaker

#@MINET16
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by sexynabila(f): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by khukhi(f): 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
great post OP...

I would just like to add that as you get older ..it definitely gets better (your confidence).

I also notice that a lot of women age gracefully...they look a lot better towards they're late to mid twenties and so forth, so any self doubt or negativity you may have earlier as a young woman, just know that its a phase and it will pass.

Nothing beats being comfortable in your own skin. It makes other people attracted to you because you come across as genuine and you're not trying too hard or being fake. Being you is the best thing you can do for yourself.Confident women are also easier to date than a woman who needs compliments every hour or constant reassurance since some guys are not good at that.
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by Oises: 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
khukhi:
great post OP...

I would just like to add that as you get older ..it definitely gets better (your confidence).

I also notice that a lot of women age gracefully...they look a lot better towards they're late to mid twenties and so forth, so any self doubt or negativity you may have earlier as a young woman, just know that its a phase and it will pass.

Nothing beats being comfortable in your own skin. It makes other people attracted to you because you come across as genuine and you're not trying too hard or being fake. Being you is the best thing you can do for yourself.Confident women are also easier to date than a woman who needs compliments every hour or constant reassurance since some guys are not good at that.
So true
Re: 18 Things Every Lady In Her Twenties Should Know About Her Body. by skondo09(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
be comfortable wt ur height other than wearing ladders as shoes. ladies let ur short be short n ur tall be tall

(1) (Reply)

German Man Gives Birth To Baby Boy In The UK / Health Benefits Of Sex / 4 Ways To Boost Male Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.