Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney (762 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by Rapmoney(m): 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Recently, I have been seeing how people scramble and fight in the premises of banks across the country due to the ongoing BVN registration. The crowd at these banks would even make one to wonder if the banks have been converted to stadium and if there would be a crucial football match wink

1st of July is expected to be the deadline for registration but I strongly believe that BVN registration is a continous process. There's no deadline for it. The fact is that Nigerians are just so gullible!!! This same 'fear syndrome' has been seen in other cases...name them...National Identity Card, Voters' Registration, etc. The fact is that CBN and other banks know fully well how stubborn Nigerians are when it comes to following instructions so they opted for this scam

Do you think CBN or any bank would just wake up in the morning and deactivate millions of people's accounts and retain the money in those accounts? That's trash!!!

I will be right here on Nairaland to see the continuation of the ongoing BVN registration even after July 1, 2015!!!

Peace!!!
Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by Spaxon(f): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
embarassed lol @ Nigerians being stubborn

1 Like

Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by frfrank(m): 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lets see how it goes ... Meanwhile bvn my black yansh

2 Likes

Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by ibangs(m): 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
frfrank:
Left or Right? cheesy
Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2015
OP, please I'd like to know if the banks have the right to claim all accounts of those who didn't do the BVN thingy.

because I don't even have that kinda time to join that crowd. My plan is, if they say I can't do any transaction after deadline, I'll simply go to my banks and shut down my accounts, collect my balance left n simply go open a new account. My banks will face my wrath if they tell me crap.
Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by Macmilla(m): 2:01am On Jun 30, 2015
I agree with the op. It's simply not possible. So if my little cousin comes of age and needs a bank account, he can't get one since he hasn't got a bvn? Or if I didn't get a bvn b4 d deadline I won't be able to own a bank account again in Nigeria? Why would banks that are looking for customers close my account? Would any bank stop money from entering an account when they need the money themselves for business?

What would happen is this, all accounts without bvn will remain, but might be dormant. Meaning that they will accept money but will not allow withdrawal. And getting the bvn will definitely be an ongoing precess just like voter's card.

2 Likes

Re: The BVN Registration Has No Real Deadline!!! - By Rapmoney by Rapmoney(m): 4:55am On Jun 30, 2015
frfrank:
grin

(1) (Reply)

Affordable International Training &certifications within your reach... / Glassy Perfumed Liquid Starch/ Job Alert / Vacancy/ Part-Time Job !!! / New Product For Ladies Wow!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.