Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist (1256 Views)

Darey Art Alade And Wife Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary [PICS] / Yemi Alade And Her Mother At MAMA 2016 / Yemi Alade And Olamide Looking Cute As They Pose Together In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by realtestament(m): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2015
The black entertainment television (BET) awards went down on Sunday at LA, USA as usual, the winner of the best international Act (Africa) category was given his award at the pre show. Now wizkid, fuse ODG and yemi alade who were all Nominees are setting the record straight that Africa deserves better...

#I think African Artists are bin looked down upon angry

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 30, 2015
@ Topic: See ODG's response and Yemi Alade, compare it to our dear Wiz kid's tweets.

This is not a fight between Wizkid and Davido where you win by tweeting as many tweets as possible to throw shades at your "enemy". It's a classic case of a Corporation versus an artist, where as an artist you state in clear terms why you feel you were treated unjustly, without sounding incoherent in your submission. You treat this kind of opportunity with extreme professionalism and act accordingly, expressing your views with finesse, not like a kid.

musiwax:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a response to someone earlier, had to repost it here to clarify my stand.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no where in my post where I said wizkid is wrong in throwing shades at BET, I said he needs to state his grievances in a more professional way, not like a 12 year old.

P.didy had an altercation with the police recently at his son's school, did he "lol" about it? No he didn't, he responded as a professional that has a reputation because he didn't see himself as an individual, but has a brand. Before Wizkid typed those tweets, he needed to ask himself, how does this help me close the next endorsement or deal, what will this add to my brand.

In business there's no room for emotions, you rather focus on how the next decision will benefit your enterprise in the long run, that's why the likes of D'Banj are closing deals almost every month, from Ciroc to Beats to United Nations.

@ INTROVERT tongue
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by yorke1: 7:01am On Jun 30, 2015
Interesting
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by INTROVERT(f): 7:01am On Jun 30, 2015
True, its very disrespectful.
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by glimpse33(m): 7:04am On Jun 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
True, its very disrespectful.
Bro don't rush! it won't make front page
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2015
I am loving this! Yemi dey vex no be small. "Delete, omit, cancel, erase" she was out of words.
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2015
musiwax:

@ Topic: See ODG's response and Yemi Alade, compare it to our dear Wiz kid's tweets.

This is not a fight between Wizkid and Davido where you win by tweeting as many tweets as possible to throw shades at your "enemy". It's a classic case of a Corporation versus an artist, where as an artist you state in clear terms why you feel you were treated unjustly, without sounding incoherent in your submission. You treat this kind of opportunity with extreme professionalism and act accordingly, expressing your views with finesse, not like a kid.

@ INTROVERT tongue

You are on point
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by buzquet(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2015
African artists shld learn ow to make good song, nt gragra music way dem dey do up n down
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2015
How will they even respect you people when you don't do good music?
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by eyenibibio(m): 7:46am On Jun 30, 2015
The problem of black people is black people. If you have watched Django...you would understand better. BET is promoting black entertainment and at the same time disrespecting & descriminating against black Africans. This is the highest form of modern hypocrisy and should be kicked against. I therefore beckon on all African artist to refuse to be put under a basket in that way. They might feel they are doing us a favour, but in reality they are creating an antecedent for white folks to collossaly prejudice us.
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by safarigirl(f): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
How will they even respect you people when you don't do good music?
ehn ehn. I bet you jam up to "I'm in love with the coco" and all other dense American songs.

We don't do good music, so all Tu face's
songs are useless? Even Ojuelegba was crap. People like you will never see the food in what your people do.

While Africa appreciates these people and refer to them as Superstars, the rest of you mumus sit on your counch and cast them. Rwanda's President personally went to welcome Davido at the airport with his kids, which African President has received any of your overhyped American artistes?

Bros, no provoke me this morning o angry

Meanwhile, @ topic. If all African artistes decide to boycott that BS award, maybe they'll give us some respect. But if all those colonial mentality people keep abandoning the cause to go smile for a camera in some mall abroad, then it can't work.

Kudos to Yemi Alade, Fuse ODG and Wiz for taking the innitiative. The award sef, na only them sabi criteria wey stonebwoy win Yemi. Rubbish award
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by shadowkings: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2015
e don do now next year na only una go still waka come...anyways this Yemi girl should come and make her baby daddy nau....abi na only baby mama get swagg ni?
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2015
*sighs* i don't know mehn........

But i though davido & ice prince were awrded in the main events in the previous ceremonies.

Or was that the BET Hip Hop awards?
Re: Wizkid, Yemi Alade, And Fuse ODG Reacts To How BET Treats African Artist by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2015
[s]
safarigirl:
ehn ehn. I bet you jam up to "I'm in love with the coco" and all other dense American songs.

We don't do good music, so all Tu face's
songs are useless? Even Ojuelegba was crap. People like you will never see the food in what your people do.

While Africa appreciates these people and refer to them as Superstars, the rest of you mumus sit on your counch and cast them. Rwanda's President personally went to welcome Davido at the airport with his kids, which African President has received any of your overhyped American artistes?

Bros, no provoke me this morning o angry

Meanwhile, @ topic. If all African artistes decide to boycott that BS award, maybe they'll give us some respect. But if all those colonial mentality people keep abandoning the cause to go smile for a camera in some mall abroad, then it can't work.

Kudos to Yemi Alade, Fuse ODG and Wiz for ta

king the innitiative. The award sef, na only them sabi criteria wey stonebwoy win Yemi. Rubbish award
[/s]

Bro believe me this guy's don't sing good music

Just few of them do good songs, and those few are not recognised

Imagine someone screaming oya shakiti bobo

what does that even mean?

(1) (Reply)

See What Yvonne Nelson Said About Nigerian Men / Top Celebrities In Nigeria That Even Your Father Knows / Photo: See What Commedian Basketmouth Said About His Daugther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.