Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 (19035 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Rajjah(f): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2015
keyzid:
Ain't you one of them? undecided
no o, did mine since January o
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by keandre: 10:29am On Jul 01, 2015
i will do mine on oct. 30
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Kendumazy(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2015
i knew from the onset that everything is strategy..
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by MKO4ever(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Is there any deadlines in Nigeria that we don't extend?
--PVC collection
--2015 general election
--SIM card registration
--JAMB registration
--Salary payment

We are used to deadline extension

1 Like

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Princesschi(f): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2015
Patiently waiting for 29th oct
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by sonnyudoh(m): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2015
To think that i traveld all the way from the states for dis bvn and its be extended all that FLIGHT money gone
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by writetopoker: 10:38am On Jul 01, 2015
cheesy cheesy I knew, they will extend it, even at 5pm yesterday b4 I heard d news of extension I neva panicked. I wll do my for my 5 accounts nxt week grin

1 Like

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by DobraDobra: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2015
My problem with some of the things we do in dis country is some. Things are formulated by people assumed to know better but alas they disappoint u. Now WHY must there be a terminadate to enrol for Bvn registration, why just considering people in diasporal why they have been making Noise since. It is not voter registration why give a date that it must end why can't it be a continuous process or each bank stop dia customers transactions temporarily and tell dindividual to register. After d termination date what will happen to new people that want to open bank account for d first time.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Badgers14: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Wealthyone:
NIGERIANS lOVE DEADLINES....An access bank branch beside my office was crowded in and out yesterday but today has been a good day for them as no single person was seen at the door. I'm sure not all of them were attended to, they just refuse to show up again till Oct31 grin grin grin

Yep thats naija mentality. Doing stuff at the last minute makes us feel like super man cool
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by braine(m): 10:51am On Jul 01, 2015
Okay
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Atlantian: 10:55am On Jul 01, 2015
Am I the only person not moved by these BVN thing ? I have never attempted to do it, nor was I moved when everyone was doing it. I just feel its unnecessary. Fraudsters will always have their way. That is why there is something called Insurance, instead of getting insurance they are busy disturbing the masses.

1 Like

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by roughneck: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2015
I really do not understand why there should be a deadline for bvn registration. A lot of Nigerians run their accounts from different countries all over the world and don't come around often. Are they supposed to jump on the next plane over bvn or won't people open new accounts after the deadline. Nigerian authorities should get creative in encouraging people to accept new policies not bullying them with heavy restrictions on their account and some useless deadline

1 Like

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by speak2leo(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigerians just love last minute things. Some will go back home, relax and wait for d extended last day to register, just d same way some nigerians are waiting for the last day bfore giving their lives to Christ. E no good o. God no go announce extension of last day.
But who need bank when kom kom dey??
Who bank Don help? #InOshiomolesVoice
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by kingdenny(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
this should be a time to create a central database of Nigerians to combat crimes , every bank account has a photo Id, an address , now a fingerprint , crimes could easily be traced with the database , but I guess no one cares bout catching criminals
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Sike(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2015
I said it!
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by nortcentrallord(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Better for them. If not they will loose customers besides, what is the provision for people overseers? Do we have to come back home just for BVN?
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Oahray: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wealthyone:
NIGERIANS lOVE DEADLINES....An access bank branch beside my office was crowded in and out yesterday but today has been a good day for them as no single person was seen at the door. I'm sure not all of them were attended to, they just refuse to show up again till Oct31 grin grin grin
na so na... If e never wan expire, why should a Nigerian bother? grin
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Kingsasian(m): 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
I knew it wld be extended so I didn't bother going close to a bank.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by notoriousbabe: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Upnepaa:
I will get mine on october 31 cool
mine will be on Oct 35
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by seangy4konji: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ok..i had hear.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Koolmexxi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Why CBN extended BVN registration?? What other reason except for the fact that the banks have not being able to get most customers to register.. Got mine since February and wen I went to my other bank to update/link my acct with the BVN, Was told dey hadn't started dat yet and registration was for people who hadn't gotten their BVN yet. Was told I would b contacted wen dey start with dat... I still dey wait for their contact..
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by SamuelAgent(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
fatdon2:

Why is it dat until a program closes
dat is wen we run abt 2 do things
dat
ought 2 av been done couple of
months back.I don't c need 4 d
extension.Mark dis day u will c dat
more pple will nt do it until d last day again.

Most customers are not aware of the whole BVN stuffs, there should be public enlightenment. Can you imagine a guy telling people that the BVN is a mark of the beast 666 that he will never be a part of it.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by cprex: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Built2last:
We just like suffering citizens in this country. what is wrong with CBN creating a platform that you can log in with your account number, answer some basic security questions and fill the BVN form. after which you walk into the bank and do finger capturing but HELL NO. the masses must suffer, thats the evidence that they are working....

once the form is filled online and finger print captured. CBN should be able to synchronise the entire data and save people the stress of going from bank to bank distributing BVN numbers to synchronise with other accounts.

I agree with the above post. thousands of citizens/ bank customers lost man hours queuing just to get this BVN. Citizens must suffer to get anything done in Nigeria- from boarding a bus to your destination, voter registration,registration/ collection of PVC, National ID, drivers' license and sundry issues. Nigerian citizens pass through various levels of hassles and stress.

One wonders why a bank customer must not be able to withdraw his money because he couldn't carry out biometrics which did not form part of the contract between him and the bank at the point of opening the account.

While not down playing the importance of any efforts to preventing fraud, am of the view that customers MUST remain kings and be so treated. Rather than punishing customer for not getting BVN, inducements and motivations should be made available for those that get it done. REMEMBER THAT THIS BVN IS AN EXTRA BURDEN INTRODUCED AFTER THE BANKING CONTRACT IS CONCLUDED.

We demand that Nigerians must be treated as citizens and not as conquered people.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Abedfff14: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Datz nigerians 4 u especially students, lekturer gv assignment to submit in 1 month time, most student wil not do it until die miniute even after d lecturer add anoda 1 week, nigerians datz hw we roll-itz in our blood. wil do my bvn on 29th so far i can debit my acct.
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by emmanuelscott(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
alphaStoner:
I've done my BVN already and I knew the date would be shifted

Away from this thread,
[size=20pt] 3rd [/size] to comment
na so....badman

1 Like

Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by samseen02(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Get wealth/business ideas on entrepreneurial startup here http://www.wealthmeans.com/
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Built2last: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
cprex:

I agree with the above post. thousands of citizens/ bank customers lost man hours queuing just to get this BVN. Citizens must suffer to get anything done in Nigeria- from boarding a bus to your destination, voter registration,registration/ collection of PVC, National ID, drivers' license and sundry issues. Nigerian citizens pass through various levels of hassles and stress.

One wonders why a bank customer must not be able to withdraw his money because he couldn't carry out biometrics which did not form part of the contract between him and the bank at the point of opening the account.

While not down playing the importance of any efforts to preventing fraud, am of the view that customers MUST remain kings and be so treated. Rather than punishing customer for not getting BVN, inducements and motivations should be made available for those that get it done. REMEMBER THAT THIS BVN IS AN EXTRA BURDEN INTRODUCED AFTER THE BANKING CONTRACT IS CONCLUDED.

We demand that Nigerians must be treated as citizens and not as conquered people.

you are either a lawyer or you have travelled to saner climes and seen how humans are dignified
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by lilliannwoke: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
keyzid:
I don do my own tey tey grin grin
I go do mine fist tin October 31morning grin
keyzid:
I don do my own tey tey grin grin
I go do mine fist tin October 31morning
Re: Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
even if it is extended to next year October, some Nigerians will still behave like Oliver twist... asking for more extension
No offense ...my thought which I believe is a fact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Otudeko Vs. Otedola: First Bank Shareholders Lose ₦‎80.76bn, Shares Crumble / Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.