Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? (522 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo) / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by lopjohnny(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2015
The Jehovah's witness church is one of the churches in Nigeria and world at large. But my question is that are they really Christians or what can we call them? from my own observation I observed that their doctrines are totally out of the biblical doctrines.
Re: Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 01, 2015
Yes they called their self christians,but my own observations I don't think they are becos most of their doctrines did not align with the bible,moreover they have their own bible,and their behavior just like cult or muslims
Re: Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by menesheh(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2015
They are Muslims

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by unitysheart(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
onomeglo:
Yes they called their self christians,but my own observations I don't think they are becos most of their doctrines did not align with the bible,moreover they have their own bible,and their behavior just like cult or muslims

I am proudly one of Jehovah's Witnesses. You will really need to get to know us more before you can conclude. We follow what is written in the Bible closely. The more reason why many hate us. We are not Saints and we also do sin many times. However, we have a system based in Bible verses in place to check wrongdoings and to align us more with the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ. While some practise sins inn secret due to the imperfect flesh that we all have, but you can be sure that once a secret is blown open, there's a system in place to keep our congregations clean and holy. There's appropriate sanctions to discipline offenders and wrongdoers.

You can follow the link below to learn more about us so that you can make have informed view about us.
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/
Re: Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by unitysheart(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.
Re: Jehovah's Witness...... Are They Christians???? by unitysheart(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christians?

Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons:

We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21.
We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that “there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”—Acts 4:12.
When people become Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus.—Matthew 28:18, 19.
We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16.
We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man.—1 Corinthians 11:3.
However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are called Christian. For example, we believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not part of a Trinity. (Mark 12:29) We do not believe that the soul is immortal, that there is any basis in Scripture for saying that God tortures people in an everlasting hell, or that those who take the lead in religious activities should have titles that elevate them above others.—Ecclesiastes 9:5; Ezekiel 18:4; Matthew 23:8-10.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-christians/

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Say Some Homosexuals Will Go To Heaven! / We Are Not Ritual Killers – African Religions’ Practitioners / Quran 2:244 – ‘fight In God’s Cause…’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.