Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges (329 Views)

Engage Us To Recover Excess Charges On Your Bank Account / My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. / CBN To Go Against Banks For Excess Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges by bugs2: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2015
Innoson Nigeria Limited and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) are currently at loggerheads over allegations of excess and unlawful charges of N560 million imposed on the former’s account by the bank.

As a result of this, Innoson is demanding that the bank pays the alleged sum as well as the accrued interest.

In addition, the automobile company in a document signed by its Public Relations Officer, Mr. Andrew Udeh, faulted the claim by GTBank that it was indebted to it in the sum of N2.4 billion.

However, GTBank maintained that it granted the Innoson Group of companies various credit facilities totalling N2.4 billion to finance the importation of motorcycles and spare parts.

The bank in its response to enquiries on Tuesday stated that the customer had the obligation of utilising the said funds for the agreed purpose and ensuring loan repayments as and when due as contained in the contract.

Continuing, the document from Innoson explained: “At all material times, Innoson Nigeria Limited operates a current account with GTBank.

Subsequently, Innoson discovered that GTBank imposed excess and unlawful charges in its current account in the sum of N560 million and was demanding it to pay this to it with the accrued interest thereon. Innoson requested GTBank to credit its account with the N560 million and the accrued interest. GTBank refused this request. As a result, Innoson commenced suit No: FHC/AWK/CS/139/2012 against GTBank at the Federal High Court, Awka, Anambra State, and obtained judgement in excess of N4.7 billion against GTBank.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/07/innoson-motors-gtbank-battle-over-n560m-excess-charges/
Re: Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2015
... I dedicate this FTC to my techno m3 couldn't do it without you
Re: Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2015
oh! I missed the FTC.
thieves fighting over money that belongs not to them
Re: Innoson Motors, Gtbank Battle Over N560m Excess Charges by Ahmad4452(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2015
Neyor n shizzy watin sef ahhhhh u no go let person be ni o ga ooo

(1) (Reply)

5 Easiest Way In Marketing Your Products / How Can I Instal Peachtree Software On My PC / Nigerian Kills US Lady To Evade Paying Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.