Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

God, The USA And The Gay Debate. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, The USA And The Gay Debate. (547 Views)

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / The Gay Movement And The Mystery Of History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God, The USA And The Gay Debate. by dalaman: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
I have been observing the debates and resulting out pour of emotions and curses on the United States of America after the supreme court legalized same sex marriage in the country. Many Christians are busy swearing and for casting doom, telling us of how God will destroy America for legalizing such an abominable act. They all say that America is doomed and God will take away his protection from the country.

My questions and observations are as follows. Where was God's judgement on America when it enslaved and killed millions of Africans ? Where was God's judgement on America when they practiced segregation and Jim Crow which resulted in the death of uncountable innocent blacks? The country kept growing from strength to strength until it became the most powerful nation on earth.

Where was God's judgement on America after they invaded Vietnam and killed hundreds of thousands based on pure lies?Where was God's judgement when America invaded Iraq based purely on bogus charges, an invasion that lead to the death of about a million people. Is the legalization of gay union any worse than when slavery and segregation were legal in the United States? Where was God's judgement then?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God, The USA And The Gay Debate. by Ahmad4452(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: God, The USA And The Gay Debate. by Scholar8200(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
dalaman:
I have been observing the debates and resulting out pour of emotions and curses on the United States of America after the supreme court legalized same sex marriage in the country. Many Christians are busy swearing and for casting doom, telling us of how God will destroy America for legalizing such an abominable act. They all say that America is doomed and God will take away his protection from the country.

My questions and observations are as follows. Where was God judgement on America when it enslaved and killed millions of Africans ? Where was God's judgement on America when they practiced segregation and Jim Crow with resulted in the death of uncountable innocent blacks? The country kept growing from strength to strength until it became the.most powerful nation ob earth.

Where was God's judgement on America after they invaded Vietnam and killed hundreds of thousands based on pure lies?Where is God's judgement when America invaded Iraq based purely on bogus charges, an invasion that lead to the death of about a million people. Is the legalization of gay union any worse than when slavery and segregation were legal in the United States? Where was God's judgement then?

Op while I believe that sin brings judgement and since it is man, not God, that creates grades and ranks for sin (just like those who would stone a woman caught in adultery but were also guilty of other sins) like the commentators have been doing,

I suggest we wait for the judgements to fall before we begin to give this posers.
Re: God, The USA And The Gay Debate. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
Their was no God, their is no God, and their is no judgement. Take it or leave it....... And if u re not ready to debate, dont quote me.
Re: God, The USA And The Gay Debate. by dalaman: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:

Op while I believe that sin brings judgement and since it is man, not God, that creates grades and ranks for sin (just like those who would stone a woman caught in adultery but were also guilty of other sins) like the commentators have been doing,

I suggest we wait for the judgements to fall before we begin to give this posers.

Wait for which judgement amd when will it fall?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/07/15 / It’s Against Our Religion To Search For Husbands –Aneke Twins / If I Am Asked To Select 1000 Heaven Goers Based On Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.