Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? (804 Views)

'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara / Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by lopjohnny(m): 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
some Church doctrine is you must fast and pray after which one will dream of his or her spouse... while others don't.... the question is that is it necessary for one to be expecting dream before he or she marries OR by the virtual of beauty, handsomeness, wealth, liking or whatever before getting married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dreaming is not only but one of the ways God reveals things to us.

it's not compulsory u dream before you marry but its compulsory you hear from God before you marry
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
No.
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by johnydon22(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
yes, you must dream wink
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by Scholar8200(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
lopjohnny:
some Church doctrine is you must fast and pray after which one will dream of his or her spouse... while others don't.... the question is that is it necessary for one to be expecting dream before he or she marries OR by the virtual of beauty, handsomeness, wealth, liking or whatever before getting married
To start with, a doctrine is not the same as tradition. A number of pentecostal churches encourage you to seek God's guidance on life's decisions one of which is who to marry. It is expected that you already know how God speaks to you and when He does, you will need to be sensitive for a confirmation (for those who may not be used to hearing from God). Dreams is like a last resort according to Job 33:14,15 and will need more confirmations because dreams also come fro various sources.
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Some do dream, see vision, fall into a trance or hear God speak through his words, prophet or a still small voice.
@Op,it doesn't apply to everyone because God has various means of talking to his children, some could be through chastisement as in the case of stubborn and defiant prophet, Jonah..

When next you go to that marriage committee and you are being questioned if you saw a dream about your espoused spouse to be, tell them no.
Reply them thus, that God has put in your heart an extra ordinary love for her that you have never felt for any lady before. Tell them, you are sure in your heart and the spirit of God bearing witness in your spirit that it is not lust or infatuation..

Watch and Pray...
Wish you well in your search...
May God lead you peacefully to your Rebecca.
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
lopjohnny:
is it a bad thing if your Heavenly Father approves your life partner or your heart has been completely hardened?
however he speaks doesn't matter, your church doctrine probably chose dreams cause they believe all Christians should hear from God via dreams.
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by tpiander: 2:11am On Jul 04, 2015
who are you asking?
Re: Must I Wait Till I Dream Before Getting Married??? by princeogbeide1(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2015
lopjohnny:

what if uuu never dream of getting married" would uuu still remain that way. I don't know why you don't think very well

(1) (Reply)

I Will Pesonally Burn Down Any Church Or Mosque That Is Within My Reach / A Good Reason To Leave Islam / Catholic Church Doctrines Are In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.