Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

5 Years From Now - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Years From Now (549 Views)

Motivation: 5 Things I Wish I Had Done Differently 5 Years Ago / Interview: How I Started & Grew My Tissue Production Company In 5 Years - Eze CJ / 10 Years From Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Years From Now by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
At some point in time our fathers were boys, they had dreams, they had plans, big plans.
For some, plans became reality. For others it was a mere fantasy.

Time and time again, I have seen individuals live their lives like there is no tomorrow, but that isn't really my concern. This post is targeted at business people.

More than ever, everyone is preaching entrepreneurship as the only way to true riches. They may be right. However, we cannot deny the fact that a lot of us are struggling. Yes, we are struggling.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if 5 years from now things become better. But the truth is that 5 years from now, a lot of us may have quitted or may still be struggling. Why?

We fail to think ahead. Apple, Microsoft, Dangote - these guys have enough money to last several lifetimes. Yet, they don't stop at creating an amazing product. They are constantly pushing the frontiers of innovation and exploring other markets.

What does this teach us? Never get complacent. Think ahead.

Will your skill set be relevant 5 years from now?
Will you be happy if your business remains at the same spot 5 years from now?

Break away from living from paycheck to paycheck. The world belongs to those who anticipate tomorrow and act today.

Regards,
X.
Re: 5 Years From Now by ebamma(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
The reality of entrepreneurship is Not all of us will make the big bucks, Even though we are selling the same product, The same business that makes you 10k a day, Is making another man just 1k,
Re: 5 Years From Now by Ben1975(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
I believe its all about adjusting your mind set, becoming very pro active and finding and interacting with those who have been where you want to be and emulating them.
Re: 5 Years From Now by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
ebamma:
The reality of entrepreneurship is
Not all of us will make the big bucks,
Even though we are selling the same product,
The same business that makes you 10k a day,
Is making another man just 1k,

You are right when you say not everybody will make the big bucks. But as ben1975 rightly pointed, we need to change our mindsets.
If anybody is going to make that 10k a day, it has to be me. Next back up your decision with actions.
And finally, think of ways to make more bucks or maintain your 10k.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Account / Thread closed / DPR Behind Sale Of Petrol Above N100 - Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.