Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal (1641 Views)

Mastering Python - Networking And Security Training Video / Security Training & Source Code Vulnerability Analysis / Online Web Development Classroom Now Open| (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
Hi all,

Our Media Company is packaging an Online Virtual Learning on Web/Network Security. It is no longer news that web sites are daily being hacked, and that any future thinking programmer will better serve both himself and his clients, by being aware of how to prevent these hacks and what to do if they happen.

Nowadays, it's no longer a question of IF, but of WHEN.

The most high profile hacking in the Nigerian environment was the website of the PUNCH newspaper and many others whose owners preferred to say, "Down for Upgrading".

The Online Course will address the following areas among others:

Web Sites Penetration Testing
Network Penetration Testing
Code Auditing & Patching
Secure Configuration Management
Secure Web Development
Network Hacking Training
Web Hacking Training
End-User Security Training

Apache Tricks to protect sensitive/backup files
Apache Tricks to prevent Shell File Attack
What to do when you are hacked
HTTP Brute Forcing with JHijack
Scalp
RatProxy

Now the purpose of this post is to find out your views:

1. Will you take part in such a course if organized?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for each module?
3. How much time would you be willing to spend each day doing this?
4. How long should the entire cost run

I am very grateful for your feedback and please if you would be interested, do me a PM, and I will keep you informed of progress.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by sherrif222: 10:52am On Mar 16, 2009
it will be a very i nteresting programme to be involved in so i urge u guys to keepup with ur arrangemants and for the price money is not easy to come these days so if u ask me iwill say betwen 5 to 10k so u guys should come up with a price. and i9 nwant to believe that this training will very good,
i am in
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 3:50pm On May 17, 2009
Thanks for the feedback Sherriff
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by YD(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2009
the idea is just too lovely for some of us, will there be indepth coverage or just brushing fundamentals of each module.
nice idea though
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by agboifo(f): 3:17pm On May 19, 2009
Each module will receive an in-depth coverage (otherwise it would not be useful in practice smiley ) The courses are handled by Industry-tested anti-h-a-c-k-e-r-s, or you can call them "Ethical h-a-c-k-e-r-s" as they like to call themselves.

Please pardon my use of hyphens in the spelling. It's to circumvent the bot in this forum that changes such words.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Online Web/network Security Training - A Proposal by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 19, 2009
Send me more info in my mail (ibrodex@gmail.com)

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Free Programming Language Ebook(both In Jar & Pdf Format)? / Share Links To Download Programming Ebooks Of Your Choice / Mobile App Developers (android & Ios Urgently Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.