Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil (776 Views)

Evans: "Mum Knows I'm Into Crime; I Stabbed My Fiancee For Refusing To Marry Me" / I Had To Kill Him Because He Recognized Me - Kidnap Suspect (pic) / "Why I Stabbed My Friend To Death" - Cobbler (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by oloriooko(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2015
THE 14-year-old pupil of Dixons Kings Academy, Bradford, who stabbed a Nigerian science teacher, Vincent Uzomah, in the stomach at the beginning of the subject on June 11 when asked to bring his phone, is to be sentenced next month for causing the 50-year-old man “a grievous bodily harm.”
The pupil, who cannot be named for legal reasons because he’s a child, admitted knifing Uzomah during his 11-minute appearance at Monday’s hearing at the Bradford Crown Court, but denied attempted murder.

An official of the court, who spoke with The Guardian after the hearing, said: “It (sentencing) is potentially the 10th of August but the judge has said it is yet to be confirmed when she was asked of the sentencing date.”
Watched by two members of his family from the public gallery and sandwiched between two security guards, the pupil wore a grey shirt and black jacket on top of blue jeans and apart from answering “yes sir” to confirm his name, spent most of the remaining period of the hearing with his head bowed.

Reserving the judgment till early August to allow both psychiatric and pre-sentencing reports to be compiled, Judge Durham Hall described the teenager as “undoubtedly a very troubled young man,” and then thanked him for not wasting court’s time with his early plea.

Hall, who also noted that “this is a very troubling case,” told the boy: “Your plea has been noted, very proper, at a very early stage” and he then said “thank you,” to the pupil as the security guards led him away.

Hall also gave reasons for agreeing with Crown prosecutors not to press for the initial charge of “attempted murder” because it would be very difficult to prove that the pupil had the intention of killing the University of Leeds’ Civil Engineering graduate father of two.

Uzomah, who had since been released from hospital a few days after the attack, was not in court during Monday’s hearing and it’s not clear he would be present on the day of the judgment next month.

The judge, who described the part-time actor as “a very brave and compassionate victim, said: “The 50-year old man, who had appeared as an extra on two famous British soaps, Coronation Street and Emmerdale, was described by his casting agency as “a very nice, reliable and bubbly guy.”

Last week Tuesday was the first time the teacher spoke about the incident when he released a statement through the police thanking God and the NHS – National Health Service

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/i-stabbed-nigerian-teacher-not-to-kill-him-says-uk-pupil/
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by MeesterMAN: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2015
hian
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by oyindare(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
angry just in case
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
not sure they would jail him, they will just counsel him but if na nigerians commited such crime na death penalty go follow.

Awon were.
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by brightnelly(f): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
Silly kids everywhere!!!

undecided undecided
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by INTROVERT(f): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Pitiable
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by glimpse33(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2015
hmmm
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by absoluteSuccess: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2015
Killer students roam the classroom in UK, Damilola Taylor comes to mind, a young child cut down in his prime by killer schoolmates.
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by espn(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2015
oloriooko:
THE 14-year-old pupil of Dixons Kings Academy, Bradford, who stabbed a Nigerian science teacher, Vincent Uzomah, in the stomach at the beginning of the subject on June 11 when asked to bring his phone, is to be sentenced next month for causing the 50-year-old man “a grievous bodily harm.”
The pupil, who cannot be named for legal reasons because he’s a child, admitted[b] knifing Uzomah during his 11-minute appearance at Monday’s hearing at the Bradford Crown Court, but denied attempted murder.
[/b]

An official of the court, who spoke with The Guardian after the hearing, said: “It (sentencing) is potentially the 10th of August but the judge has said it is yet to be confirmed when she was asked of the sentencing date.”
Watched by two members of his family from the public gallery and sandwiched between two security guards, the pupil wore a grey shirt and black jacket on top of blue jeans and apart from answering “yes sir” to confirm his name, spent most of the remaining period of the hearing with his head bowed.

Reserving the judgment till early August to allow both psychiatric and pre-sentencing reports to be compiled, Judge Durham Hall described the teenager as “undoubtedly a very troubled young man,” and then thanked him for not wasting court’s time with his early plea.

Hall, who also noted that “this is a very troubling case,” told the boy: “Your plea has been noted, very proper, at a very early stage” and he then said “thank you,” to the pupil as the security guards led him away.

Hall also gave reasons for agreeing with Crown prosecutors not to press for the initial charge of “attempted murder” because it would be very difficult to prove that the pupil had the intention of killing the University of Leeds’ Civil Engineering graduate father of two.

Uzomah, who had since been released from hospital a few days after the attack, was not in court during Monday’s hearing and it’s not clear he would be present on the day of the judgment next month.

The judge, who described the part-time actor as “a very brave and compassionate victim, said: “The 50-year old man, who had appeared as an extra on two famous British soaps, Coronation Street and Emmerdale, was described by his casting agency as “a very nice, reliable and bubbly guy.”

Last week Tuesday was the first time the teacher spoke about the incident when he released a statement through the police thanking God and the NHS – National Health Service

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/i-stabbed-nigerian-teacher-not-to-kill-him-says-uk-pupil/
smh they treat blacks like shit
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by Lilyomi(f): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2015
I somehow believe da student. During puberty, they make hasty decisions n act on impulse. They only think thru after deed is done. His mates may shun him n getting his trust back wl b difficult. Nonetheless, he nids to b punished to make him think thru before acting out. I like da tutor for being quiet n calm wif da kid. He is indeed a father
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by oloriooko(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2015
Lilyomi:
I somehow believe da student
Are you serious? Or just kidding?
Re: I Stabbed Nigerian Teacher Not To Kill Him, Says UK Pupil by oloriooko(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Akoba adaba olorun ma je a ri o

(1) (Reply)

Police Discover Kidnappers' Den In A Deserted Hotel In Oyo Town. / Amazing! Bra Saves Woman’s Life From Gun Shot / Policeman Found Dead In His Car (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.