Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook (5126 Views)

Why Don’t Ondo And Calabar People Eat Police Dogs? / How To Cook Recession Rice By Heraldng / Naija Cook In New York Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by HungerBAD: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

you might be right but I know that most Yoruba women don't know how to cook ....I live in Lagos and before I ear out I ensure it is either Igbo or calabar

it's in Lagos that I see a woman using sugar to cook yam...too much oil and chilli in their food and their stew don't dry well

take a survey go to Igbo restaurant or calabar you will see a whole lot of yorubas trouping but in a Yoruba hotel few Igbo or cakabar eat their

but in terms of moi moi give it to Yoruba

next is that Yoruba don't roast their meat after butchering them they just scrape and it doesn't give the meat that taste

Do Yoruba women really put sugar on food? I have a Yoruba woman that cooks for me, which I refrigerate every other week.

On a recent visit, my mom complained about all the food in my fridge.

To me they tasted fine, to my mom they tasted like crap.

1 Like

Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by tonychristopher: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
HungerBAD:

Do Yoruba women really put sugar on food? I have a Yoruba woman that cooks for me, which I refrigerate every other week.

it's common ..your taste buds are used to that so don't blame your mum
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by Agrika: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
tunery004:
This is total rubbish. All u wrote up there are fallacy. I haven't seen where a yoruba woman will put 5cubes of maggi in a stew or soup. Am sure the Hausas uses maggi more than any other tribe.
*coughs softly*
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by tunery004(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
Agrika:
*coughs softly*
U need codine or coughlyn? Abi y u dey cough?
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by tunery004(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
Agrika:
*coughs softly*
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by Agrika: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
tunery004:

Nothing oo
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Keenysbojan:
this is not meant for ondo ladies it is meant for all yoruba women,they don't know how to cook. Currently i'm in lagos and dat is how dey cook too... In yoruba land it is only Ilaje women knows how to cook

Ode!
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
HungerBAD:

Don't listen to the foo.ls.It is impossible to come across a Yoruba woman that uses sugar in n her food.
Re: D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2015
MoNickk:
it all boils down to preference. ..u like your meat roasted,someone else doesn't. doesn't take anything away from their cooking skills. as for their stew not drying well,i don't believe that...ask any yoruba about omi Obe. they'll tell u it's dried tomato paste which is usually the basis for most foods. most people err when they discover another person has another method of cooking by saying the person doesn't know how to cook. If u travel a lot,Ull discover so many things n Learn new ways of cooking stuff...

Don't mind the foo.l. It all boils down to preference. My dad for example doesn't like his everyday stew to be dried however you must ensure his egg stew, yam stew, porridge stew, and beans stew are dried before serving him. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Grain Weevils. / The Fattening Rooms Of Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.