Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Good People - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Good People (557 Views)

Please My Good People Kindly Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good People by delaw4u: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello,
My toyota camry 03 4cylundr engine
make a sound like grinding or as if there is a stone inside the engine during cold start or after long sitting please. What could cause it and what a the things to look after? Please when the car warm up nothing of such .pas help ur bro. Tax waiting to hear from u
Re: Good People by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
What grade of engine oil do you use?

Is the oil low?

Very soon the masters of the craft will add to the list of possibilities, just stay tuned
Re: Good People by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
I'm thinking oil viscosity mismatch. What grade of engine oil do u use?
Re: Good People by delaw4u: 7:36am On Jul 03, 2015
I just change the oil now I use total quart 9000 but this only happen after long sitting or during cold start please what should I do to fix because my mechanic said I should use itbfor 5 days that I should bring it back I just get this car I don't want to start tampering with the car engine please help
Re: Good People by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2015
Sounds like the oil is too thick. This would cause the hydraulic lifters to take longer to pressurise, once the oil they contain has drained back into the oil pan. Like being sat unused for a day or 2.

Your engine requires 0W-20 or 5W-30.

1 Like

Re: Good People by delaw4u: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
So what is the solution. Just change the oil now so what will they look at on the car I mean what should the mechanic check from the car and what defects will it have on the engine?,,please
Re: Good People by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
There should not be any immediate adverse effect. Just try to note the recommended engine oil & always use it during servicing.
Re: Good People by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
Every one is rulling out intermittent OCV failure?

Most people use 20W50 and don't get a grinding sound like a stone is in the engine. grin

OP Is there a check engine light on? If yes have it scanned.
Re: Good People by delaw4u: 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
There is no cbheck engine light on the dashboard have scanned the car nothing just the the 02 censor code

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Toyota Car In Porthcourt To Buy. / Haulage/trucking Business Expert Needed Urgently I Have An Urgent Offer For You / Whats The Best OBD Tool For Toyota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.