Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? (984 Views)

Edo And Delta (original) Unity In Bendel / When Two Heads Are Not Better Than One (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by onila(f): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
I am very fascinated abt prison Life

I realized when you are a threat to the other inmates
you will be taken to the one room cell

I thought what makes prison hard is the extreme bullying and rape
so why do prisoners complain about taken to lonely cell area

but I heard if you mind your business, prison life wldnt be hard for you
all those videos I watch online of violence in prison
is often exaggerated

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thread aint making sense
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
Pls Onila, Your threads are so Weird....... What's up with you?
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by tpiander: 4:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Lord have mercy.
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2015
Humans are social creatures, Onila. Solitary confinement goes against our very core, and acts as a cogent depressant to the human psyche.

Some people go completely batshyt in Solitary.
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by onila(f): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Humans are social creatures, Onila. Solitary confinement goes against our very core, and acts as a cogent depressant to the human psyche.

Some people go completely batshyt in Solitary.
but is it not worse than being raped, bullied or killed by the inmates

some of the stories, you hear, you wonder how pple survive

I was chatting with a Black American correctional officer, he said

"There was this time some gang members ran up in this caucasian dude cell and told him to give up his ass or they would take it. Of course he said no. Two of them grab each of his arms while a third dude stabbed him in his wings. Just enough to take the fight outta him. Then all five of them bleeped him. By the time we got there dude was bleeding from under his arms and you know where else. Bleep that shit..."

"For men... You have two main options. Join a warrior religion or a gang... Anything else like P.C. is your reputation inside and out..."
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
onila:
but is it not worse than being raped, bullied or killed by the inmates

some of the stories, you hear, you wonder how pple survive

I was chatting with a Black American correctional officer, he said

"There was this time some gang members ran up in this caucasian dude cell and told him to give up his ass or they would take it. Of course he said no. Two of them grab each of his arms while a third dude stabbed him in his wings. Just enough to take the fight outta him. Then all five of them bleeped him. By the time we got there dude was bleeding from under his arms and you know where else. Bleep that shit..."

"For men... You have two main options. Join a warrior religion or a gang... Anything else like P.C. is your reputation inside and out..."

Jeez...

I'm not saying it's worse, per se. In fact, I've had this discussion in-depth before with co-workers (we were bored, lol), and I'm totally in support of Suarezing it to Solitary if you have the fortitude - it's what I would do - but I think the above literature more so underlines the fact that something needs to be done about the issue of prison rape, no?

You really shouldn't underestimate Solitary Confinement, O. It's torture in and of itself.
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
i would prefer staying in solitary confinement... read up all the books that i can read... prefer not to mix with hardened criminals... when lil wayne was in jail he was in solitary confinement.
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by onila(f): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
teeowl:
i would prefer staying in solitary confinement... read up all the books that i can read... prefer not to mix with hardened criminals... when lil wayne was in jail he was in solitary confinement.
cool
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Vivly(f): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
teeowl:
Nigerian prisons got space for a bookshelf??
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
she was talking about American prisons...

Vivly:

Nigerian prisons got space for a bookshelf??
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Vivly(f): 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
teeowl:
she was talking about American prisons...
kk. I was referring to your post though.
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 06, 2015
@Onila, I think maybe it's your turn to be your village Ezenwanyi.

You better go home now or this your condition may turn to a full blown m@dness. undecided

Imagine this silly thread. undecided
Re: Is It Not Better To Be In The High Security Unity In Prison Alone? by onila(f): 1:16am On Jul 06, 2015
IdiAmin1:
@Onila, I think maybe it's your turn to be your village Ezenwanyi.

You better go home now or this your condition may turn to a full blown m@dness. undecided

Imagine this silly thread. undecided
just because you didn't understand the thread does not mean you start saying rubbish

pple more intelligent than you replied

so

STFU or go hug transformer

(1) (Reply)

Photo:shoot-out In Lagos: Police, Okada Riders In Fierce Battle For Supremacy / Russia Has Presented Evidence Against US, UK And Israel As Being The Actual 9/11 / [PHOTO] The “real” Face Of Jesus Christ Uncovered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.