Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC (837 Views)

EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) / We Can’t Stop Collecting Bribe In Anambra- Police Explode.... / Ese Oruru's Elder Brother: "I’m 16, Ese Can’t Be 17" (2) (3) (4)

You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 03, 2015
A Kano High Court on Thursday restrained the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) from arresting the immediate past governor of the state, Alhaji Rabi’u Kwankwaso.
Kwankwaso had, through his counsel, sought for a court order to restrain the anti-graft agency from arresting him over a petition alleging that he misappropriated over N10 billion pension funds.
In his ruling, the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Yahaya ordered the applicant and the respondents to maintain status quo, pending the determination of an exparte motion on notice.
Kwankwaso’s counsel, Mr Okechukwu Eze, alleged that the EFCC had prevented the former governor from performing his legislative duties through threats of his arrest.
“My client has been in his house over the threat of arrest by the EFCC and has been denied the liberty to perform his legislative duties as mandated by voters of Kano Central Senatorial District.
“We express fear that Kwankwaso’s right to liberty, freedom of movement as guaranteed under the constitution is likely to be violated by EFCC,” he said.
He argued that the former governor had not infringed on the pension laws to warrant the efforts by EFCC to arrest him.
The court further ruled that hearing on notice be served on EFCC through courier service.
The judge adjourned the matter to July 15, for hearing on the substantive motion on notice, for the parties to announce their appearances.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/03/you-cant-arrest-kwankwaso-court-tells-efcc/
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 03, 2015
Izzokay only God knows wen all dis drama wud end
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by ibrams(m): 1:55am On Jul 03, 2015
why cant they?

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Make I drink my pap and go to bed cool

*snoring*
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by oyindare(m): 2:11am On Jul 03, 2015
Ok well done
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by AnyibestDede(m): 2:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Why run when he is sure of his innocence? These apc lawmakers (troublemakers) ll cause much more problems for pmb if time is not taken
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:37am On Jul 03, 2015
AnyibestDede:
Why run when he is sure of his innocence? These apc lawmakers (troublemakers) ll cause much more problems for pmb if time is not taken
APCHEATS

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by xcolanto(m): 2:41am On Jul 03, 2015
In fella's voice "Na paddy paddy government we dey o". How can a man that is part of the cabal which installed the dura born be arrested by the EFCC?? Have we forgotten that this is a government of the north, for the north and by the north?? Abeg make Una dey paste news of how EFCC dey arrest southerners! Kwurupshion must be fought by Mr "intergrity", after all only those in pdp and GEJ's regime are corrupt! Nonsense!
Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by AnyibestDede(m): 2:45am On Jul 03, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
APCHEATS
Bros dey tin tire me o

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:48am On Jul 03, 2015
AnyibestDede:
Bros dey tin tire me o
it is part of mago mago change

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by AnyibestDede(m): 2:53am On Jul 03, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
it is part of mago mago change
Don't worry,Nigerians are getting wiser all thanks to them

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:55am On Jul 03, 2015
AnyibestDede:
Don't worry,Nigerians are getting wiser all thanks to them
i doubt

Re: You Can’t Arrest Kwankwaso, Court Tells EFCC by AnyibestDede(m): 3:03am On Jul 03, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
i doubt
Sincerely yes, we are getting much wiser by the day. We ll get there one day

Boat Mishap: LASWA Recovers Bodies Of Two Female Passengers (graphic Photo) / Father Beats His 4-month-old Baby To Death / Convert Or Die: ISIS Chief's Former Slave Says He Beat Her, Raped U.S. Hostage