Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Fool Say There Is No God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fool Say There Is No God. (2331 Views)

Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here' / "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? / The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2015
Christians often cite Psalm 14:1 as a
rebuke of atheists.However,the Hebrew
word translated "fool" doesn't have the
same connotations as the English word.
The passage actually says that we are all
foolish.

Psalm 14:1 is the verse that a lot of
Christians like to quote to atheists,
believing it is a rebuke of their atheism.
However, if we look at the entire
passage, we see a different picture:

Psalms 14:1-3: The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. (2) The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. (3) All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

Christians usually only quote the first
half of Psalm 14:1, as if it is a slap in the
face to atheists. Is this really a verse
against atheism?

FOOL'S CHARACTERISTIC.
The second half of verse 14:1 says "They
are corrupt, their deeds are vile." At first, you might think that the "they" are those who disbelieve in the existence of God.
However, the end of verse 14:1 says
"there is no one who does good." One
might still think that the verse is referring to atheists. However, Psalm 14:2-3 make it clear that as God looks down on all people, He can find none who are not corrupt, emphasizing it with "not even one."

The Hebrew word translated "fool" is
nâbâl, which is an adjective having the
meaning of "stupid, wicked" or "vile
person." It comes from the root verb
nâbêl, which means "to fall away,"
"figuratively to be foolish or (morally)
wicked" or "causatively to despise,
disgrace: - disgrace, dishonour." So, the
Hebrew word nâbâl refers more to bad
moral character rather than just being
stupid. He is foolish because he thinks
God will not notice his bad behavior.

WHO IS THE FOOL?
The passage makes it clear that God can
find nobody who does good or even tries to understand God's ways. From God's perspective, not one person attains His standard of moral behavior. So, God sees all of us as fools. We all like to compare our behavior to that of others. Example!! When I was still a sinners(atheists)I was morally superior to most Christians. However, I was still not measuring up to God's moral code.

HOW TO MEASURE UP.
Unless you think you can lead a perfectly moral life, God has a solution for your problem. God's solution is to allow you to trade your moral imperfection for the moral perfection of Jesus Christ. The trade is accomplished through faith in Jesus' sacrifice as payment for your sins. The offer is really generous, but will cost you your self-righteousness. No, you can't remain an atheist either. As the psalmist says, you must "seek God."

CONCLUSION
The fool says there is no God. But, he is
not foolish because he is an atheist, but
because he thinks he can get away with
bad moral behavior. Psalm 14 goes on to say that all people are corrupt and there is not even one who does good. So, God says that we are all immoral fools. It is only through faith in Jesus Christ that we He can measure up to the moral perfection required by a Holy God. So what the verse is saying is DON'T BE A FOOL AND THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2015
This marvis of a guy, w no go hear word for u? The way u carry God matter for head makes me think u re been paid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by iliyande(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2015
I think you should find something better doing than to compile such a long write up just to challenge those who doesn't care if you exist. wink cheesy

Putting this strength you use in writing this should've been more beneficial to you than just to challenge someone's believe.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2015
krattoss:
This marvis of a guy, w no go hear word for u?
The way u carry God matter for head makes me think u re been paid.
when you see someone serious about God, then you should know, God's there.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
when you see someone serious about God, then you should know, God's there.
ok. Tell him i said hi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 7:35am On Jul 03, 2015
krattoss:
ok. Tell him i said hi.
He knows you more than you think.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Anas09: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2015
I love you brother Malvis. You are a true Apostle of Christ. The Acts of the Apostles continues.
Don't bother with what our brothers from a different father are saying here, keep doing it. Believe me, many come to this section looking for ur writeups, many of them don't comment but read, learn get encouraged. I for one, always come here looking out for the SonofIssachar, now you are a second person I look out for.
Thanks for always blessing my heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
He knows you more than you think.
and he knows where i will be going if i die?
Then why wasting time on bringing me if he actually knows my end result. Likewise everyother person in the worrld.

He knew U S would sign gay into law?

He knew of the heat waves in pakistan?

Knew of the earthquakes in haiti?

Knew of the bombings in the northeast?
And he folds his arms to watch us suffer on an experiment he knew the end result?

Nawa for this ur God oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2015
krattoss:
Then why wasting time on bringing me if he actually knows my end result. Likewise everyother person in the worrld.

And he folds his arms to watch us suffer on an experiment he knew the end result?

Nawa for this ur God oo
God
pre-determined, not the IDENTITY of the saved, but the CHARACTER of the saved. In order to fulfill His prophecies, God must predestine history.

I do not opposed to predestination, for the scripture teaches it. However, Calvin's view of predestination is unbiblical as you are indicating
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by waldigit: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2015
krattoss:

Nawa for this ur God oo
There u go again, sounding like the one they refer to in the topic
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
God
pre-determined, not the IDENTITY of the saved, but the CHARACTER of the saved. In order to fulfill His prophecies, God must predestine history.

I do not opposed to predestination, for the scripture teaches it. However, Calvin's view of predestination is unbiblical as you are indicating
that means that i dont have to worry anymore since i have been predestined by God.

So anything i do is not by my own making whether good or bad.

Wonderfull.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2015
waldigit:

There u go again, sounding like the one they refer to in the topic
please i will advice u to just keep off my mentions if u dont knw the root of our argument.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2015
Mmhm the fool will always ask for proof nd blame God for everything. See he who has accepted Christ knows there is a God, because he feels the aura of good around him, even those that worship satan, forget that they brag about it they know that it is evil. REVELATION 1:3 "blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, nd blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near" most of u will say we have been waiting but nothing ..
No patience but if it was to wait for the guy supplying weed ,u will. Most of u are lazy, nd know that to serve the lord requires handwork. Why don't you accept Christ today, leave wat those hypocrites say about Christ, u see for yourself. If there is no God, there would not have been a name called God in the first place.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by plaetton: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
foolish.

"There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. (2) The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. (3) All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

against atheism?

FOOL'S CHARACTERISTIC.
are corrupt, their deeds are vile." At first, you might think that the "they" are those who disbelieve in the existence of God.
might still think that the verse is referring to atheists. However, Psalm 14:2-3 make it clear that as God looks down on all people, He can find none who are not corrupt, emphasizing it with "not even one."

WHO IS THE FOOL?
find nobody who does good or even tries to understand God's ways. From God's perspective, not one person attains His standard of moral behavior. So, God sees all of us as fools. We all like to compare our behavior to that of others. Example!! When I was still a sinners(atheists)I was morally superior to most Christians. However, I was still not measuring up to God's moral code.

HOW TO MEASURE UP.
Unless you think you can lead a perfectly moral life, God has a solution for your problem. God's solution is to allow you to trade your moral imperfection for the moral perfection of Jesus Christ. The trade is accomplished through faith in Jesus' sacrifice as payment for your sins. The offer is really generous, but will cost you your self-righteousness. No, you can't remain an atheist either. As the psalmist says, you must "seek God."

CONCLUSION
bad moral behavior. Psalm 14 goes on to say that all people are corrupt and there is not even one who does good. So, God says that we are all immoral fools. It is only through faith in Jesus Christ that we He can measure up to the moral perfection required by a Holy God. So what the verse is saying is DON'T BE A FOOL AND THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.

And a foolish god says there are no other gods. - logicboy03, 2013.
grin

4 Likes

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Abeg wen did he say so ^^^
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
plaetton:

And a foolish god says there are no other gods. - logicboy03, 2013. grin
Tell the logicman , his logic was flaw.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Blossom023:
Mmhm the fool will always ask for proof nd blame God for everything. See he who has accepted Christ knows there is a God, because he feels the aura of good around him, even those that worship satan, forget that they brag about it they know that it is evil. REVELATION 1:3 "blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, nd blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near" most of u will say we have been waiting but nothing ..
No patience but if it was to wait for the guy supplying weed ,u will. Most of u are lazy, nd know that to serve the lord requires handwork. Why don't you accept Christ today, leave wat those hypocrites say about Christ, u see for yourself. If there is no God, there would not have been a name called God in the first place.
don't mind this atheists. Nice one.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
krattoss:
that means that i dont have to worry anymore since i have been predestined by God.

So anything i do is not by my own making whether good or bad.

Wonderfull.........
you need a lot to learn about God,ok assume you are right( offcorse you are wrong) read Jeremiah 26 and see how God pronounced judgment on the king of isreal but with fervent prayer God revised it in verse 26:

Jeremiah 26:19
"Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all
Judah put him to death? Did he not fear
the LORD and entreat the favor of the
LORD, and the LORD changed His mind
about the misfortune which He had
pronounced against them? But we are
committing a great evil against
ourselves."
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
foolish.

against atheism?

FOOL'S CHARACTERISTIC.

WHO IS THE FOOL?

HOW TO MEASURE UP.

CONCLUSION
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by johnw74: 4:12am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
foolish.

against atheism?

FOOL'S CHARACTERISTIC.

God will not notice his bad behavior

In the case od Psalm 14:1 the person is a fool mainly because he-she doesn't believe in God,
and not just because of bad behaviour.
Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

WHO IS THE FOOL?

HOW TO MEASURE UP.

CONCLUSION
not foolish because he is an atheist

That's a contradiction.

, but

Atheists are fools for not believing in God, God's inspired word says so.
Just read MizJanet's posts and see for yourself.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 6:25am On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

In the case od Psalm 14:1 the person is a fool mainly because he-she doesn't believe in God,
and not just because of bad behaviour.
Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

That's a contradiction.

Atheists are fools for not believing in God, God's inspired word says so.
Just read MizJanet's posts and see for yourself.

. He is not a fool because he is an atheist BUT because he think he can get away with his bad moral behavior
.he IS a fool because he think God will not notice his bad moral behavior.

Not a contradictions.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by princeogbeide1(m): 8:10am On Jul 04, 2015
some dumb and foolish Africans will not observe an average thinking that no god exist. I feel bitter for uuu christians

1 Like

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by kolajamesjnr(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
you need a lot to learn about God,ok assume you are right( offcorse you are wrong) read Jeremiah 26 and see how God pronounced judgment on the king of isreal but with fervent prayer God revised it in verse 26:

Jeremiah 26:19
"Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all
Judah put him to death? Did he not fear
the LORD and entreat the favor of the
LORD, and the LORD changed His mind
about the misfortune which He had
pronounced against them? But we are
committing a great evil against
ourselves."
And same bible says god never go back on is word
Isaiah 5:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Scholar8200(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Isaiah 5:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
A promise/covenant is not the same as a warning of impending judgement declared with the expectation that the hearer will amend his ways and avert it.

1 Like

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

God bless you scholar.

Kolajamesjnr. There is a big different between revelation and God pronouncing judgment.

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by kolajamesjnr(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
God bless you scholar.

Kolajamesjnr. There is a big different between revelation and God pronouncing judgment.
Am listening...
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Am listening...
there is NO place in the bible God made a revelation and then later change it, but we read through out the bible when the children of isreal sin God anger will be against them but if they repent God will have mercy on them.
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by Scholar8200(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
God bless you scholar.

Amen, thank you!
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 4:58am On Jul 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
foolish.

against atheism?

FOOL'S CHARACTERISTIC.

WHO IS THE FOOL?

HOW TO MEASURE UP.

CONCLUSION
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by saintneo(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2015
good write up.
Hey mavisguy212, I would to blog this post of yours and the psalm 23 post as well; may I have your permission.

BTW, take a look at team comparison Rangers versus Enyimba; also look at Fraud Alert: DV2015 Lottery for Nigerians
Re: The Fool Say There Is No God. by malvisguy212: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2015
saintneo:
good write up.
Hey mavisguy212, I would to blog this post of yours and the psalm 23 post as well; may I have your permission.

BTW, take a look at team comparison Rangers versus Enyimba; also look at Fraud Alert: DV2015 Lottery for Nigerians
spread the word to the world, until the whole world hered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" / A Man Cannot Be A Woman Vise Versa; Change My Mind / TB Joshua: Why Synagogue Will NEVER Sue BBC And AJOKE Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.