Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,356 members, 7,812,013 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN (13291 Views)

We Can’t Float Naira, Cbn Tells Imf / Recession: EU Advises Nigeria To Devalue Naira. / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Youngmolis: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2015
ubaobi:
Who is d minister of finance?.. I won't forget how one DULLARD**HO promised to make #1 equal to $1 and to stabilize oil price. we are patiently waiting
Hey respect ur president or else.....
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by YourCoffin: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2015
benjaminiyke:
hahahaha. I totally agree with you,I also found it difficult to grasp the message in this article,we have some really educated personnel in this country with great potential....if only we can stamp out corruption from this country we can become one of the leading countries in the world. We have so much potential here.

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Excellent riposte to the overrated and nonsense rag that is the Economist. I cancelled my subscription years ago and have not looked back. All the best to Emefile and co.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Kingspin(m): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2015
RichDad1:
The CBN governor is as Clueless as the Person that appoints him. Your days are numbered.
We are not here for childs play. And do not be an example of a bad Nigerian.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2015
good move put plans in motion fast
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by itsamazon: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
As far as I am concerned, this is a very logical strategy made by CBN. I strongly believe it is all for the best and things will turn out better if we are all patient and support the plans. Rome was not built in a day, it's time we start learning how to appreciate our locally made products and in time our Naira will get to stabilize. Only short minded thinkers wont see any sense in this but the visionaries will.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by itsamazon: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
RichDad1:
The CBN governor is as Clueless as the Person that appoints him. Your days are numbered.
to be candid, u are actually the clueless one. U dont know shit or understand the structure of the language put up there. I doubt if you even spent time in reading the whole article to understand better
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by AroOkigbo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
UnknownT:
We need to hear from Nairaland's Chief Economist Prof. Ms Ngeneukwenu. Please come and throw more light on the issue grin
Home economist you meant?
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by ibedun: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
nwaenugu:
Excellent riposte to the overrated and nonsense rag that is the Economist. I cancelled my subscription years ago and have not looked back. All the best to Emefile and co.

Absolutely!! The Economist as usual is part of the western economic ambushing structure. Good rebuff by the central bankers of Nigeria.
Kudos Emiefele! Pity those Nigerians that cannot digest the simple message in the article.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by DerMeister: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
nwaenugu:

When you can put together a magazine of international repute like the Economist, we will listen to you. Your opinion is the overrated & nonsense rag i'm afraid.

ibedun:

Absolutely!! The Economist as usual is part of the western economic ambushing structure. Good rebuff by the central bankers of Nigeria.
Kudos Emiefele! Pity those Nigerians that cannot digest the simple message in the article.

Good rebuff of a reasonable critique of Nigeria/CBN's lousy economic policies The west ambushed our economy to it's present state? or devalued and bastardized our currency?

1 Like

Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Jepsy: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
YourCoffin:
These people should learn how to communicate in layman's terms. Even as educated as I seem to be, I'm grappling with this article.

A kind hearted economists should please break it down for us. Thanks.
I could not see any economics jargon there, just a simple explaination of normative statement
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by YourCoffin: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Jepsy:
I could not see any economics jargon there, just a simple explaination of normative statement

Yeah, even what you consider as 'simple' and 'normative' is relative. It doesn't look as such from where I'm sitting.

Are you an economist? If so, please explain in layman terms how choosing not to devalue an already devalued Naira will bring about econmic advancement. I didn't get their explanation of it. Maybe, yours would convey much understanding than theirs.
Re: Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN by Jepsy: 8:23am On Jul 21, 2015
YourCoffin:

Yeah, even what you consider as 'simple' and 'normative' is relative. It doesn't look as such from where I'm sitting.
Actually, i am an economics student not yet economist. u may recall with me that in 1982 x president Shehu Shagari went to IMF (International Monetary Fund) to obtain a LOAN and one of the conditions for IMF to give Nigeria the loan was Devaluation of Naira by 60% (devaluation means that Our local commodities become cheap while that of foreign country using Dollar, Euro Pounds etc become costly remember Naira and Dollar is just a unite of measuremen that is y i used COMMODITIES) so you are right Naira was already devalued, but by 60%, the reason was to discourage Importation. So all the CBN governor is saying is that instead of devalueing Naira again, that he will make a law to stop importation of some commodities instead of reducing the value of naira again, and he had actually stoped it, now those commodities will be produce locally. so jargon means using economics terms but Mr Emefiere did not do that. i am jepsy50 on facebook u can add me up i hardly visit nairaland. bye.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With Little Capital? / World ('diaspora') Remittances In The World From 2010 / Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.