Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. (1428 Views)

My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Eunice Olawale’s Murder: Imam Who Ordered Youths To Chase Woman Away Arrested / Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by raayah(f): 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by glimpse33(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
this is sh!t I hate lesbians angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Skipuru(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
end time signs
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Rawshal(m): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Na der life b dat.God is watching dem in HD
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by henribj(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
na wa o, it is not a small things.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by An2elect2(f): 4:56am On Jul 04, 2015
They wont stop at just having their way, they will go steps further in ensuring that those who think otherwise or speak against their sexuality face castigation.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2015
raayah:
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Gresham bakery that wouldn't make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple must pay them $135,000 in damages, the Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled Thursday.

"This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage. It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal," BOLI said in its final ruling. "Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

The couple, Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, said they are happy with the decision following a difficult two years that included attacks on social media and even death threats.

"This has been a horrible ordeal for our entire family," the couple said in a statement. "We never imagined finding ourselves caught up in a fight for social justice. We knew it was on us to set an example for our two kids - to stand up for what is right."

Aaron Klein, the co-owner of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, said he plans to file an appeal with the Oregon Court of Appeal.

"The first amendment guarantees my right to freedom of speech," Klein said. "We are looking forward to getting [the case] in a court that recognizes the constitution."

In January 2013, Sweet Cakes by Melissa Bakery declined to make a wedding cake for the Bowman-Cryers, citing their religious beliefs.

The couple filed a discrimination complaint with the Bureau of Labor and Industries.

In April of 2015, an administrative law judge proposed that the owners of the bakery, Aaron and Melissa Klein, pay $135,000 to the couple. The judge, Alan McCullough, ruled that Sweet Cakes by Melissa discriminated against the Bowman-Cryers by refusing to bake them a wedding cake.

The case is one that has been referenced in the national debate over religious freedom and discrimination against the LGBT community.

The award is for emotional suffering. The maximum penalty that could have been assessed was $150,000, or $75,000 per person. Judge McCullough awarded $60,000 in damages to Laurel Bowman-Cryer and $75,000 in damages to Rachel Bowman-Cryer.

Both sides reviewed the proposal and had the chance to file exceptions.

Aaron and Melissa Klein fought the judge's ruling, citing their religious freedom and inability to pay the funds.

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian issued the final order July 2. According to BOLI spokesman Charlie Burr, the $135,000 award is comparable to other similar cases and is not the largest equality act ruling the state has seen "by a long shot."

Related: Daimler reaches $2.4 million settlement after racial complaints

Basic Rights Oregon commended Avakian's decision and for enforcing Oregon's anti-discrimination laws.

"Religious freedom is a fundamental part of America, and is written into our state's constitution already," said Nancy Haque, Basic Rights Oregon's Co-Director. "But those beliefs don't entitle any of us to discriminate against others. Religious liberty should not be used to discriminate against people."

KGW
Gresham bakery that denied same-sex wedding cake closes

Klein said Avakian has been biased "from the get-go" and he was not surprised by the final order.

"When you have [a government] that tells you what you have to say in this situation it should scare everybody," he said.

The Kleins closed their Gresham store in 2013 and operate the bakery from home. Aaron Klein has been employed as a garbage collector, Melissa said, although he injured his shoulder and isn't currently working.

Following the April ruling, the Kleins started a GoFundMe account, which has since been taken down. They received around $60,000 after taxes once it was shuttered. They continue to search for funds to pay the remaining $75,000.

On Thursday, Melissa Klein posted a statement to her Facebook page:

The final ruling has been made today. We have been charged with $135,000 in emotional damages, But also now Aaron has been charged with advertising. (Basically talking about not wanting to participate in a same-sex wedding) This effectively strips us of all our first amendment rights. According to the state of Oregon we neither have freedom of religion or freedom of speech. We will NOT give up this fight, and we will NOT be silenced. We stand for God's truth, God's word and freedom for ALL americans. We are here to obey God not man, and we will not conform to this world. If we were to lose everything it would be totally worth it for our Lord who gave his one and only son, Jesus, for us! God will win this fight!

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2015/04/24/judge-sweet-cakes-bakery-should-pay-135000-to-lesbian-couple/26321227/

okay we get it... accept the gay people.. but please stop shoving their news into our faces
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by wiegraf: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2015
harsh IMO

but we Nigerians seriously underestimate how damaging mental trauma can be
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by vooks: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
An2elect2:
They wont stop at just having their way, they will go steps further in ensuring that those who think otherwise or speak against their sexuality face castigation.
That should worry every Christian more than the SCOTUS ruling. And I expect more of such frivolities in due time.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by An2elect2(f): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2015
vooks:

That should worry every Christian more than the SCOTUS ruling. And I expect more of such frivolities in due time.

True.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by mikolo80: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
vooks:

why should it worry any Christian. even God allows you to choose to serve him or not. you're the ones giving them attention. they feed off the drama. ignore them, relegate them to non issue and watch them disappear.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by johnydon22(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2015

Since it is a private firm i think everyone should have the right to render their services to whom ever they choose.

It is their bakery and so they can decide to sell to you or not regardless of your sexual orientation or are they making fuse of it because they are gay couples?

Since it is their private bakery, i am against fining them for not rendering their service to someone they choose not to, it is not by force that someone must render services to you, keep your money and i keep my services.. thats a right.

I think America should know when they are overlapping the rights of others to uphold an overstepping boundary of another.

I only do not support when people in government firms refuse to attend to couples because of the orientation, that is bringing personal ideas or religion into the government and that is not acceptable as long as the law of the state supports that right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
johnydon22:

Since it is a private firm i think everyone should have the right to render their services to whom ever they choose.

It is their bakery and so they can decide to sell to you or not regardless of your gender orientation or are they making fuse of it because they are gay couples?

Since it is their private bakery, i am against fining them for not rendering their service to someone they choose not to, it is not by force that someone must render services to you, keep your money and i keep my services.. thats a right.

I think America should know when they are overlapping the rights of others to uphold an overstepping boundary of another.

I only do not support when people in government firms refuse to attend to couples because of the orientation, that is bringing personal ideas or religion into the government and that is not acceptable as long as the law of the state supports that right.

I really hate to sight this example because I am a Christian and I love Jesus.... But what if it were a christian that went to the private bakery of someone with the mark of the beast and the person discriminates against him because he doesn't have the mark?
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by ValerianSteel(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
wiegraf:
harsh IMO

but we Nigerians seriously underestimate how damaging mental trauma can be
I was gonna say so cause we overlook that part and feel the conservative Christian business owners are being discriminated against but thing is knowing the constitutional climate of the United States,the two women would need a stronger reason other than religious belief as to why the bakery refused them.

That feeling makes them feel less than human and the fact that the reason most of them give is not substantial enough to refuse a gay couple services like simply baking a cake.

But the major fact is that it's become a tradition in the US which should be decisively dealt with.Its the right of any business to open services to whomever they seem fit.They can only be held accountable when they flout an already existing contract but knowing the U.S. It doesn't work that way.

I feel gay couples and whomever feels disrespected by a business owner should just move on and find someone else who can equally do the job for you without base and prejudice.Its a do me I do you case between gays and conservatives in general,one person has proven to have state protection-the gays.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by ValerianSteel(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dnacode:

I really hate to sight this example because I am a Christian and I love Jesus.... But what if it were a christian that went to the private bakery of someone with the mark of the beast and the person discriminates against him because he doesn't have the mark?
Dude doesn't know who he quoted grin grin grin
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by johnydon22(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dnacode:

Like i said above every private firm have their right to either sell to you or leave it.. the only problem is if it is a government firm. . belief and religions should be kept out of the government.

A muslim clerk have no right to deny a christian woman diving license because his beliefs are against it and same goes with a christian clerk have no right to deny people marriage certificate because your belief is against their orientation
Religious freedom means you are free to practise your own religion but doesn't mean you should force others to live by your beliefs in a state where the law recognizes their rights..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Like i said above every private firm have their right to either sell to you or leave it.. the only problem is if it is a government firm. . belief and religions should be kept out of the government.

A muslim clerk have no right to deny a christian woman diving license because his beliefs are against it and same goes with a christian clerk have no right to deny people marriage certificate because your belief is against their orientation
Religious freedom means you are free to practise your own religion but doesn't mean you should force others to live by your beliefs in a state where the law recognizes their rights..

And now religious people are beginning to feel the jitters...
It seemed the tables are turning....
I have always told us Christians that the way we go about things makes it seem as if we are the boss.
It is not so. Christians should remember that they were once abused, insulted, discriminated against and persecuted 2000 yrs ago...
Let them not think it cannot happen again cos it will happen.
I am an effeminate man(a man who does like a woman).
I have prayed to God, bound n cast, gone to deliverances yet I can't stop behaving like a woman. I have learnt to cast my hope n faith in God concerning this issue and stop hitting my head on the wall about it. God made me so when he is ready to change me back to a man, let him.

But one thing I have seen is that many Christians have discriminated against me just because of my effeminateness. They do not know the kind of pain or pressure I pass thru. They have abused me, insulted me, refused to help me, gossiped about me, harrased me, forced me to sleep with women(as if that will make me stop being effeminate).

I am a doctor, I know the level of discrimination I passed through at the university. It nearly made me fail out of medical sch. My only help was God n my will...

Even in my workplace I have been discriminated against. I had to leave my former workplace because of this. I did not molest any patient nor staff sexually---my hands are clean, yet because of my womanish attitude they were all calling me HOMO... Funny enough the lady that calls me homo at the front comes in secret to beg me marry her sister(double standard). U can imagine.

In my present workplace my consultant has refused to teach me surgeries because of this very issue. He has even warned me from coming to his house. What did I do to deserve all these?

Nothing!
Just that I am effeminate. And so he has left me to learn surgery at the hands of nurses... Nurses!!!

They abuse me at every little mistake n treat me like shit.

I have so much to say but I will stop here.
I forgive them all but there are some I just tell, " the way you have treated me, may your son be effeminate and your daughter manly so they they will feel the sting of society and so that you will feel the pain of discrimination indirectly"

Ciao n sorry for my epistle.

1 Like

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by johnydon22(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2015
Dnacode:

I have always told us Christians that the way we go about things makes it seem as if we are the boss.
It is not so. Christians should remember that they were once abused, insulted, discriminated against and persecuted 2000 yrs ago...

One thing with religions is that; It begs for rights when it has none but when it gets it, probably in the sway of its temporal acquisition of power and wealth, it tries to take away the right of others.

I have prayed to God, bound n cast, gone to deliverances yet I can't stop behaving like a woman. I have learnt to cast my hope n faith in God concerning this issue and stop hitting my head on the wall about it. God made me so when he is ready to change me back to a man, let him.

But one thing I have seen is that many Christians have discriminated against me just because of my effeminateness. They do not know the kind of pain or pressure I pass thru. They have abused me, insulted me, refused to help me, gossiped about me, harrased me, forced me to sleep with women(as if that will make me stop being effeminate).

I am a doctor, I know the level of discrimination I passed through at the university. It nearly made me fail out of medical sch. My only help was God n my will...

Even in my workplace I have been discriminated against. I had to leave my former workplace because of this. I did not molest any patient nor staff sexually---my hands are clean, yet because of my womanish attitude they were all calling me HOMO... Funny enough the lady that calls me homo at the front comes in secret to beg me marry her sister(double standard). U can imagine.

In my present workplace my consultant has refused to teach me surgeries because of this very issue. He has even warned me from coming to his house. What did I do to deserve all these?

Nothing!
Just that I am effeminate. And so he has left me to learn surgery at the hands of nurses... Nurses!!!

I forgive them all but there are some I just tell, " the way you have treated me, may your son be effeminate and your daughter manly so they they will feel the sting of society and so that you will feel the pain of discrimination indirectly"

[b]

I have always told religious people that when you claim LOVE, love means acceptance, kindness, care and affection. it is not judgmental, discriminative, wrathful and obedience conformity.

If the type of love one shows to others is judgmental, discriminative, wrathful and obedience conformity, if it does not accept others for who they are then i think that can never be called love.

Religions should in their arrogance of "Holier than thou" should learn to extend kind arms towards people who see different from the societal expectation.

In this self induced delusion of absurd arrogance they prize themselves progenitors of human morality but look at their actions one can conclude religions have no idea what morality really is.

People should learn to accept others, learn to radiate love to others no matter how their lives or belief contradicts yours.

I once used to be very homophobic (I hate and fear fear homosexuals) but i learnt many people were born that way, who am i to try to make others to conform to my own idea of human decency.

Now i can be good friends with a gay and will treat them just like good friends just that they shouldn't act funny to me (Asin ever trying to touch me intimately) or i might throw punches at someone's nose.

I am sorry the society we are in find your effeminacy to be an unacceptable societal behaviour even though no one has ever stopped to consider it is not your fault.

Human nature do not have one stipulated way of manifesting but our society do not understand that.
I can relate to how you feel because i have had many atheistic individuals who face similar discrimination because of their stance relay their ordeal to me

I Cannot say to know anything to say that can solve this, i cannot change the way our world works but i can only say that no matter what do not let other people's perception of you get to you, your own perception of yourself is all that matters.

You didn't choose to be born or the way to be born but you can choose to either live for yourself or for others.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by shaboti: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dnacode:

Nothing!

oh my God. cry
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2015
shaboti:
oh my God. cry

And y r u weeping for me?
Weep not for me.
It is my cross to bear and mine alone.
Rather rejoice with me when men persecute me.
For my name is written in heaven in the Book of Life.
Also I am not bothered because I know that true Christians will not persecute me.
It is only the tares in the kingdom who do so.
By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by CHARLOE(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
@ dnacode, so sorry to hear ur story, u just changed my perspective of gays, Still find d act disgusting tho, esp wen they try to cross their boundry to harrass str8 guys. Just wondering, do u like men or women? As in are u gay or just effeminate but str8.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
CHARLOE:
@ dnacode, so sorry to hear ur story, u just changed my perspective of gays, Still find d act disgusting tho, esp wen they try to cross their boundry to harrass str8 guys. Just wondering, do u like men or women? As in are u gay or just effeminate but str8.

On a serious note I have feelings for people of the same sex but I do not like it. I find it annoying and irritating. If I know how to kill myself without going to hell, I would have done so long ago.

I do not engage in gay sex because of God but I am dying daily in my sexual mind because there are guys everywhere I feel for but I can't just do it.

It is really destabilizing my being.
Many times I come back from work so tired and pent up.
I do not know how to release whatever tension built up in me throughout the day.
I can't sleep with girls- I do not feel for them.
I can't sleep with boys-i feel for them but God says no!
I can't masturbate---God says No!
I am dying!

I do not club because I found out that when I used to because of my effeminateness, bisexuals used to ask for my numb. Yes I always wanted to give them but God says No!

I am tired, just tired of everything!!!.

To crown it all, everybody thinks I am doing it because I am effeminate and they gossip, gossip and gossip!

There was a day I went to a boy's shop who was doing J.S.S.C.E.
I was teaching him mathematics because I was quite good at it in sec sch.
Can you imagine the whole rubbish this boy told me when I came the next day?
He said that one Igbo aunty who saw me walking out of their shop was abusing me and warning him not to associate with me. She said I will 'convert' him to homosexuality.

Why did she say this? I do not know.
I never had any intentions of doing such. My hands r clean.
She told him all effeminate guys are gays.
What did I do?
I stopped going to teach him.

Another day I went to buy something in another Igbo woman's shop. Come n see the way she abused me!!!

Imagine abusing a doctor!!! Hmmm.

As a teenager, my aunty who is now in Germany floogged me with wire just because I am effeminate.

Jesus oooo! Y was I created?
I am tired of everything.
I just don't know what to say again.

Father into your hands do I commend my Spirit.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by ValerianSteel(m): 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
^^^^

Wow so much injustice in this world.

I don't even know what to say,it's quite intriguing there's a substantial population of people experiencing the same thing as you who carry the same cross you do.

I feel sorry for your pains cause as a human being I know what it feels like to go through a struggle you can barely describe or understand why and how you find yourself in it.

The most important thing is for you to disregard how the society views you and be a person of your own self who doesn't pay evil with evil but instead trade evil with kindness.You are human deserving of a life like any other don't let people dictate otherwise to you.

You have more goodness in you than you can see,keep being good and maybe one day life would treat you better with respect and dignity.

Maybe one day,you'll understand yourself better and make decisions that affects your life solely without anyone castigating your decision.

There's no more I can say other than Goodluck in a messy country like ours.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dnacode:

On a serious note I have feelings for people of the same sex but I do not like it. I find it annoying and irritating. If I know how to kill myself without going to hell, I would have done so long ago.

I do not engage in gay sex because of God but I am dying daily in my sexual mind because there are guys everywhere I feel for but I can't just do it.

It is really destabilizing my being.
Many times I come back from work so tired and pent up.
I do not know how to release whatever tension built up in me throughout the day.
I can't sleep with girls- I do not feel for them.
I can't sleep with boys-i feel for them but God says no!
I can't masturbate---God says No!
I am dying!

I do not club because I found out that when I used to because of my effeminateness, bisexuals used to ask for my numb. Yes I always wanted to give them but God says No!

I am tired, just tired of everything!!!.

To crown it all, everybody thinks I am doing it because I am effeminate and they gossip, gossip and gossip!

There was a day I went to a boy's shop who was doing J.S.S.C.E.
I was teaching him mathematics because I was quite good at it in sec sch.
Can you imagine the whole rubbish this boy told me when I came the next day?
He said that one Igbo aunty who saw me walking out of their shop was abusing me and warning him not to associate with me. She said I will 'convert' him to homosexuality.

Why did she say this? I do not know.
I never had any intentions of doing such. My hands r clean.
She told him all effeminate guys are gays.
What did I do?
I stopped going to teach him.

Another day I went to buy something in another Igbo woman's shop. Come n see the way she abused me!!!

Imagine abusing a doctor!!! Hmmm.

As a teenager, my aunty who is now in Germany floogged me with wire just because I am effeminate.

Jesus oooo! Y was I created?
I am tired of everything.
I just don't know what to say again.

Father into your hands do I commend my Spirit.
First step is to embrace your homosexuality. You can only 'deny' your nature not change it. If it can't be denied, it is a part of you.
You are lucky. You live in a time when communication is easy. Seek fellow people like you and get their counsel. I'm not her to convince you or argue you with you. Help is always there to those who seek.
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
musKeeto:

First step is to embrace your homosexuality. You can only 'deny' your nature not change it. If it can't be denied, it is a part of you.
You are lucky. You live in a time when communication is easy. Seek fellow people like you and get their counsel. I'm not her to convince you or argue you with you. Help is always there to those who seek.

I refuse to embrace 'my homosexuality'.
There is nothing too great to sacrifice/give up for Jesus since he gave up his life for me.
If his word says I should give up 'my homosexuality' for his sake, then I will do just that(I.e I won't engage in the act even though I still feel that way).
I rather seek justification by placing my faith in Jesus.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Dnacode:

I refuse to embrace 'my homosexuality'.
I rather seek justification by placing my faith in Jesus.
Thanks.
Your choice. Goodluck. smiley
Re: Bakery In The U.S Ordered To Pay 135,000 Dollars To Lesbian Couple. by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 30, 2015
musKeeto:

Your choice. Goodluck. smiley

In Romans 1 Paul warns against homosexuality and did also warn those who judge homosexuals in Romans 2.
To be on the safe side its better I remain in the middle neither engaging in the act nor judging them.
That's the safest path my mind can rationalize right now.

King Solomon has also warned in The Book of Wisdom (which catholics use) against sexual perversion. So you see I HV to be on my guard.

But one thing I still do not understand is why these two men who warned us associated homosexuality with idol or nature worship. In fact Paul makes us to understand in Romans 1 that it will be because of Idolatory and nature worship that homosexuals will give up on God but I have never seen a homosexual who gave up on God in our generation engage in idol worship. Rather many give up on God because of how they are discriminated in the society just like I have been maltreated by the so called 'children of God' and by my own Igbo brethren and then begin to demand for their gay rights.

There was a time the hatred became so much that I got so angry and declared 'There is No God!'
The people at my workplace were always inviting me to their churches and I refused to go. How could you invite me to come worship with you and when I turned my back you say all manner of nasties about me which I would eventually get to hear?
Its amazing how people can get so hypocritical.
Anyway I left them to God but I determined in my heart not to follow them to church for they did not love. I do my own church at home alone with my brother. There is no point of breaking bread with society, with people who hate you so much. My brother and I break bread together, we share the word together, we lift up our voices together in worship to God. It is essential we do this and together. He as a heterosexual has seen, felt and understood the pain. He too has been discriminated against(despite his being heterosexual) just because he is a brother to an effeminate man.
And so he has been of a great help to me in my trying hour. Wow! he has been amazing! We believe Jesus hears us because he has said; "When 2 or 3(more) are gathered together in my name then I am there with them(in their midst).
Jesus therefore is really there when we separate ourselves from the hypocritical hate filled church and worship him alone together because we are 2 and not in violation to his word.

When I declared 'there was no God!' due to the 'children of God' treating me like poo, and when I 'struggled with God' with my whole being, he then made himself known to me. He came to me when I was in a near sleep state and showed himself.
I saw God sitteth upon a throne.
I saw heaven opened and I saw Jesus(who smiled at me) coming down with thousands of His holy ones in glory.
And so I repented and I now look unto him.
I have placed my faith in him for my justification.
I am purifying myself daily so that he will take me away by finding me worthy when he comes.
I have refused to fight for my gay rights against hatred and I pity those who treat gays in the most horrible of ways---both will end up in HELL!

It is well.

(1) (Reply)

Born To Atheist Parents, Leads Her Parents To Christ / Pastor Wife Turn Me Horn Please Help / IsThis TB Joshua's Prophecy About To Be Fulfilled? - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.