Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 (6823 Views)

Etisalat Follows Suit ; 1.5GB Data Now Cost N1000 / Visafone Bb Curve 4 For Sale (enjoy Unlimited 10 Terabyte Data) / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
First time I heard about this was on a road trip with a couple of friends. One of them, who works at a bank, told us all to get on his internet which he was tethering, because is office-issued BlackBerry device had 10 terabytes that was going to be wiped off soon. I obviously didn’t believe it, even after he’d shown us his balance, “It had to be a glitch of some sort”, I remember saying as I updated some apps in the middle of no where.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I needed to get a couple of phones to implement a CUG (closed user group) for myself and new staff with Visafone and I thought it’ll be good from a productivity standpoint to get legacy BlackBerry devices for the CUG. You can imagine the shock, when I activated a plan on mine and saw this:

So what’s the catch? (because there is always one right?)

It’s a BlackBerry plan (duh!) but it’s fully tether-able meaning you can share via mobile hotspot, bluetooth or USB.
Because it’s a BlackBerry plan, and Visafone uses CDMA, you’ll have to use one of their own BlackBerry devices (meaning you’re buying a new phone), and that translates to an extra phone to carry about.
It’s slow and inconsistent. I’ve done random speed checks over time it’s never gone faster than 700kbps and can get a lot slower when it’s in the mood.
That aside, it works well enough for streaming stuff, VoIP (surprising that it works at that speed) and for downloading stuff (if you are the patient kind), but being used to internet a lot faster, using it to surf pages can be frustrating. To test if the data was legit, I got a couple of friends to come over as often as possible over a month (read: everyday) to try and max it, but the best we were able to do given the speed was around 76GB.

Did I mention that the plan in question costs just N1,000? (activate by texting BBCM to 6000). Shortcomings aside, it’s probably the most economic plan ever.

What do you think? Too slow to be useful or two cheap to pass? Let us know.

http://getlistednigeria.com/visafone-has-a-10-terabyte-data-plan-for-n1000/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by brightnelly(f): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
undecided

No be today naa!!! E don taeeeeee

3 Likes

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2015
brightnelly:
undecided

No be today naa!!! E don taeeeeee

Interesting! grin
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Do people still use visafone
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Simeony007(m): 1:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Wow! How do much is the modem I think am interested
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Samyj247: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2015
Stoja:
First time I heard about this was on a road trip with a couple of friends. One of them, who works at a bank, told us all to get on his internet which he was tethering, because is office-issued BlackBerry device had 10 terabytes that was going to be wiped off soon. I obviously didn’t believe it, even after he’d shown us his balance, “It had to be a glitch of some sort”, I remember saying as I updated some apps in the middle of no where.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I needed to get a couple of phones to implement a CUG (closed user group) for myself and new staff with Visafone and I thought it’ll be good from a productivity standpoint to get legacy BlackBerry devices for the CUG. You can imagine the shock, when I activated a plan on mine and saw this:

It’s a BlackBerry plan (duh!) but it’s fully tether-able meaning you can share via mobile hotspot, bluetooth or USB.
Because it’s a BlackBerry plan, and Visafone uses CDMA, you’ll have to use one of their own BlackBerry devices (meaning you’re buying a new phone), and that translates to an extra phone to carry about.
It’s slow and inconsistent. I’ve done random speed checks over time it’s never gone faster than 700kbps and can get a lot slower when it’s in the mood.
That aside, it works well enough for streaming stuff, VoIP (surprising that it works at that speed) and for downloading stuff (if you are the patient kind), but being used to internet a lot faster, using it to surf pages can be frustrating. To test if the data was legit, I got a couple of friends to come over as often as possible over a month (read: everyday) to try and max it, but the best we were able to do given the speed was around 76GB.

Did I mention that the plan in question costs just N1,000? (activate by texting BBCM to 6000). Shortcomings aside, it’s probably the most economic plan ever.

how much is the phone

1 Like

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Shittaakeem(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2015
Pls give me the imei
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by samsard(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Shittaakeem:
Pls give me the imei
This constanting requesting for imei by droid users is something else.

15 Likes

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by PapaNnamdi: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2015
Shittaakeem:
Pls give me the imei

tru talk, lets hav d imei

no king like android

6 Likes

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
I'm just loving the writeup, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Unseen(m): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
Shittaakeem:
Pls give me the imei
Do not forget to tweak your GSM Andriod phone to CDMA Andriod phone.

3 Likes

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Lagusta(m): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Unseen:

Abeg help me tell them OOO

1 Like

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by oyintare22(m): 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
Simeony007:
Wow! How do much is the modem I think am interested
only. for BlackBerry not all BlackBerry
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Babygal4eva(f): 12:33am On Jul 05, 2015
How much them they pay u?
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by modskiller(m): 6:01am On Jul 05, 2015
@OP you are very correct, I use one at home, but it's speed is frustrating. I have to stay up all night to download sometimes.

But if they can work on a consistent speed and better network, I swear there is going to be a large turn up on sales.

Visafone, wake up from your overdue slumber... angry
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Ewizard(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2015
1 terabyte 4 1k??...
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Mcbussy(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2015
Unseen:

I bet d dundees don't even know what CDMA means... chai!... Smart phones in d hands of stewpid people grin

3 Likes

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Rilikoko(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
Very economical and extremely reliable, I call it "slow n steady".may be frustrating for impatient internet users when it comes to downloading but its a grade C for surfing d web and streaming........
I have been married to it for more than 8 months now,and I have been loving it more as days pass.

Note: I share it with my other devices constantly
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by FKO1(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Shittaakeem:
Pls give me the imei
Your level of mumu sha
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by generalissimo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stoja:

Can the plan be used on a WiFi dongle if there's one which uses CDMA SIM card?
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2015
generalissimo:
Can the plan be used on a WiFi dongle if there's one which uses CDMA SIM card?

Yes i believe so.
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
Stoja:

Yes i believe so.
d BB plan is nt d same wit dongles'...it most likely won't work
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by dasphinx1(m): 12:08am On Jul 07, 2015
Shittaakeem:
Pls give me the imei

Ode ni bobo yii sha grin

1 Like

Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by dazekid(m): 4:38am On Jul 07, 2015
If the speed could just be steady over 500kbs then visafone is in business
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 6:53am On Jul 07, 2015
Hollabesea:
d BB plan is nt d same wit dongles'...it most likely won't work

oh i see
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 07, 2015
Stoja:

oh i see
yeah for dongles d plans are: 1gig fr 2k,2gig fr 3.5k,etc
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by mrdrizzy(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2015
Yes heard of it also,dont really think visafone covers everywhere yet,i doubt its availability in ABK delta

ps:nice write-up,you wrote it like a pure novelist.

I'm impressed
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2015
Hollabesea:
yeah
for dongles d plans are: 1gig fr 2k,2gig fr 3.5k,etc

Thanks for the info wink
Re: Visafone Has A 10 Terabyte Data Plan For N1000 by Stoja: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2015
mrdrizzy:
Yes heard of it also,dont really think visafone covers everywhere yet,i doubt its availability in ABK delta

ps:nice write-up,you wrote it like a pure novelist.

I'm impressed

Nice words, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Pics)Nokia 3310 Memes: Classic Lovers, Vietnam Refurbished Nokia 3310s For Sale / REDMI NOTE 8 PRO Available at the Best Prices!!! / Quick Ways To Check If Your NIN Is Successfully Linked To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.