Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies (1244 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Please Advice; Degree In Nursing Or Degree In Electrical Engineering / Would You Concentrate If She Were To Be Your Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by Glowstone(m): 12:16am On Jul 04, 2015
hello peeps,

please help cos am so confused now, I seems to have lost focus in studying.
I can stay up all day tweaking my phone,.reading all kinds of write up, pressing my phone, doing business stuffs and any other thing even without eating for a whole day but when it comes to studying all distraction comes to mind from getting hungry to Googling out things I don't understand which I might as well check out other things and at the end I wouldn't study anymore...
please how do I stay focused, how do I find interest in my books than my phone....

please this is a very serious matter that is seriously affecting me academically, sometimes I just feel like quitting school to do what interest me but my parent would not want to here!

please I need matured answers that will help me

lalasticlala I will appreciate if you can move to front-page so I can get more replies .
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 04, 2015
same feeling bro .. but see, just try your best.. see studying as s key to unlock multiple doors in future... and read the right books.. one more thing, know when your brain is at peak!!! you can also use the library works wonders!!!
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by lalasticlala(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Modify your thread, edit it, make it more presentable, punctuate where necessary
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by SmokingGunZ(m): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by fatdon2(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
[b]Get Rid of Obvious Distraction

It's not smart to study with you
cell phone on, even if it's set to
vibrate. As soon as you get a tex
you're going to look. You're hum
You can't focus on studying if
you're chatting with someone el too. So the cell phone is off limit
Turn off the home phone, too,
along with the computer (unless
you're prepping on it) and any
music with vocals. Study music should be lyric-free! Post a sign
your door for people to stay
away. If you have kids, find a
babysitter for an hour. If you h
roommates, head out of the hou
to the least popular spot in the library. For that one study sessi
make yourself inaccessible to
people and other external stud distractions, so you don't lose focus when someone wants to
chat.

Choose an Appropriate Time

If you're a morning person, choose
the a.m. for your study session; i
you're a night owl, choose the
evening. You know yourself bett
than anyone else, so choose the
time when you're at the height o your brain power and the least
tired. It'll be much more difficult
focus if you're battling fatigue,
too

Get Rid of the Negativity

It's impossible to focus on
studying if you have all sorts of
negative ideas about studying. I
you're one of those people who
say, "I hate studying!" or "I'm to
upset/tired/sick/whatever to study, then you must learn how
flip those negative statements
into positive ones, so you don't
automatically shut down when
open up your notes. It's amazing
how quickly studying can become an awful burden with just a po
frame of mind.[/b]
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by Jboyossai(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
you are old enough...self discipline is the key...discipline your self....don't be a slave to gadgets.........
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by Seunvense(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2015
What do u hope to achieve by reading?

What will u gain from doing other things aside reading?

I think you should weigh the consequence of ignoring ur study by doing this you will know which one is more important to you and concentrate on that.
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by eleojo23: 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
You have to know what's important at the moment.
Your study has a time frame and whatever you do within this period will determine whether it was worth the whole stress or not.

My advice is that you should focus on your studies right now and come out with good grades. Even if you don't intend to use the certificate in the future, trust me, you don't' want to have a poor certificate in your name.

So detach yourself from the things that are distracting you now and focus on the task at hand (which is your studies).
You will have enough time for all these other things when you are through with your studies.
Re: Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
1) Get rid of nairaland
2) Get rid of Your mobile phone subscription
3) Seek advice from older academicians,graduates
4) Talk to your parents
5)talk to a spiritual mentor
6) Talk to a well meaning and academically balanced friend
7) plan your time
cool Most important, pray

(1) (Reply)

Taraba State S.o.n., Jalingo School Of Nursing And Midwifery Form 2015\16 Sessio / CBSE 12th Toppers List 2016 CBSE HSC Merit List 2016 District Wise / University Of Jos Lecturers Set To Go On A 42day Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.