Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Are Some Football Players Overrated And Others Underrated ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Some Football Players Overrated And Others Underrated ? (540 Views)

Football Players Seize AK-47 From Soldier In Uganda During Match (Photos) / Top 20 Richest Football Players In 2017 / 6 Football Players Who Died While Playing In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some Football Players Overrated And Others Underrated ? by zanogo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
it is a difficult thing to accept when you are not being appreciated to the level of ur ability and others that are inferior or not up to your standard in terms of talent are taking all the glory. Football is not left out on this scenario , you keep wondering why some players are underrated despite their visible output on field of play, mata of chelsea comes to mind, racking numerous assists and scoring vital goals, he was simply chelsea's best player for the 2 seasons he used there but what did he get ? sold against his will to a sinking manchester united side while a certain fernando torress was left to prove himself after an extreme underwhelming two and half seasons previously at the club but they believe since he is torres, he can still come good favouring reputation over current form.
The media is a heavy determinant in underrating and overrating of football players and from my own personal perspective, i think these are some factors that are usually considered
1. physical appearance
some players are just overrated because of their height and how muscular they are while others are overrated because of their good looks i.e ballotelli, beckham, pique.
2.skills
players that are skillful tends to be overrated even if the skills are just for showboating and not necessarily translating to good stats/output on the field. townsend (tottenham) , giovinco
3.nationality
The mention of brazil as the nationality of a player makes an average football fan think the player is good, which is a big advantage to the player even without being tested . for example if an argentine and a togolese both went for d same football trial, most people will assume easily that the argentine would be picked ahead of the togolese even without both touching the ball.
and many other factors................
N.B the above players used as examples are talented but the hype surrounding them is far more than their ability.
Re: Why Are Some Football Players Overrated And Others Underrated ? by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Media also helps and the club the player plays for

(1) (Reply)

100% Tip; Barcelona Vs Athletico Bilbao / Hazard And The Rest Of The Fading Players / Please Help, I Can Not Use My UBA AFRICARD To Fund My Williamhill Betting Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.