Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,429 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Nissan Sunny - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nissan Sunny (6289 Views)

sold sold sold tly Used Nissan Sunny For Quick Sales @290k / Clean used Nissan Sunny For 160k / Used Nissan Sunny Ex Saloon For Sale - N400,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Sunny by shege315: 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2009
will the shock absorbers ,control arms and tie rod of a year 2000 AMERICAN NISSAN SENTRA work on a year 2000 DUBAI NISSAN SUNNY?my cars ride and handling is very bad,no thankx to our roads,and i am not willing to buy spare parts in Nigeria that last for approximately 1 week before packing up,does any one have any suggestions cos i think NISSAN brands the Sunny as Sentra in America and i want to order online

Re: Nissan Sunny by promise72(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2009
If you can upload the pics of your car, i may be able to tell you. There are two possibilities here. If the nissan sentra doesnt work, the Infiniti (G20) might. The Infiniti G20 parts from the US, fits exactly on the Primera from Europe.

I made a mistake few years ago and bought Nissan Sentra parts home to use on Primera, i was wrong. I bought brake pads as a matter of fact.

The good thing is that Nissan parts dont vary drastically from continent to continent but you need to know what u are doing or which is which.

Upload your car pics for a visual reference, and if its possible take off the tire and snap the pics of the absorber too.

Good luck.
Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2009
thanks promise, i have uploaded the pictures
Re: Nissan Sunny by promise72(m): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2009
Good pics. Just by looking at the pics, i will guess that the shocks will PROBABLY match the US Altima model (Like the attached picture). Shocks tend to be designed to match size/weight of car. I think your car is a little bigger than US Sentra.

We dont have this model here in the US. Hence the closest thing is that Altima -(Year 1993 to1997) [It might even match the later years]. But for the purpose of this discussion lets stick with 1993-1997.

To know if it will match, you have 2 options.

1. Take a mechanic with you. Go to Ladipo (or whereever you buy tokunbo stuff) and request for U.S Altima shocks. Ask the mechanic to do a visual reference/compare if its same thing. You dont leave the shop yet and definately u dont pay for it.
Yuo might need to jack up the car for that.

OR

2. Take another picture of the engine, boot (i want to see the exact model and engine size). also provide me with exact year, engine size - if you know and where the car is manufactured.
What i want to do is try to help you hunt down the exact Nissan Part number for that shock absorber. Part number doesnt change whereever you go. Either US/Dubai/Japan/Europe. The part number will give us a definitive answer. I can crosscheck with Nissan parts here in the US and see if theres a matching part.

You dont necessarily have to buy nissan part (you can get TOKICO, KYB MONROE etc). Same similar car with different engine size MAY sometimes have diff. shocks. Or a saloon and station wagon of same type car will have diff. shocks.

So decide which you wanna do. Good luck.

Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2009
hello promise,thanks so much for the advice,here are the pictures

Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2009
here is some more

Re: Nissan Sunny by promise72(m): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2009
Clean engine. Dont forget the back or model and manufactured country and stuff
Re: Nissan Sunny by promise72(m): 9:22am On Mar 06, 2009
looks like a 2.0 ltr engine
Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 10:03am On Mar 06, 2009
hi promise,it was manufactured in 2000,i think it is a 1.3l engine,here is the chasis no JN1EN61C71W000453
Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2009
here is the back

Re: Nissan Sunny by promise72(m): 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ shege315,

On a second note, you might probably be right about the Senta/Sunny suspension to be the same. Below is link to an article on these cars. Towards the end of first paragraph and beginning of 5th paragraph should answer ur question.

http://www.autozine.org/Graveyard/html/Nissan/Sunny_1998.html

But mind you, make sure that when you purchase the part, whereever that might be you actually request for same year cos body designs tend to change (dont know the frequency of Sentras) which MIGHT cause design of the parts to be different.

Good luck.
Re: Nissan Sunny by shege315: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2009
promise, thanks 4 all your help,your advice was very useful

(1) (Reply)

Vehicles Delivery - Lagos To Abuja, Kaduna, Edo (Vice Versa) Call 08090885065 / 2008 Honda Accord Ex ( Fully Loaded ) / Clean Lexus IS250 07, Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.