Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now (690 Views)

Fellow Nairalanders, Help Save Me From Depression: I am Qualified But Unemployed / Please My Fellow Nigerians Help Me Before I Kill Myself. / Nairalanders! i must get a job today ooo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
I applied for the post of truck officer at Dangote on ngcareers.com over a month ago. Received a call yesterday in the morning from one Chris who claimed to be working for Dangote. He told me about the job I applied for and asked if I knw what it entails. I told him and he added, Do you know you ll become the owner of the truck after you must have covered 4000kms? I said "No". He affirmed that and asked If I ll will be able to get letters from two guarantors........

To cut the whole conversation short, he said he ld send me a message, which I received this morning. Here exactly is the message "you have being selected. U are to report to dangote academy obajana kogi state on the 6th or 7th of July 2015.go wit the following documents1,birth certificate 2,any means of identification3,affidavit of residential address4,educational qualifications 5, letters from two guarantors who are verifiable,verification of document begins by 8am after which training and a 'text follows'"....VERBATIM

Now, here are my questions:
1) I want to know if there is any nairalander in my shoes to confirm if this is a scam or not. The message sef look somehw

2) Is it reasonable to say after a truck must have covered 4000km, the truck officer becomes the owner of the truck? If say na so, dangote no go get any truck remain na(just my tot)

3) This job involves traveling physically with the driver to wherever he goes and helping him to load the truck with whicheva good. Is it worth it? I am a graduate with just BSc in accounting. I really have plans to get my ACCA or ICAN b4 I clock 30. With this kinda job, what do you guys think?

4) Considering the risks involved(unpredictable breakdown of trucks in lonely areas and all), Do you guys think I should go ahead?

Really need answers. Thanks in advance

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by powerfulsettingz: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
the poster below me has smtin to say
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by obinna2nv(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
The poster above me has to say something...
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by eluquenson(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
It's very very true cos I heard of the job, but in my opinion I will tell you not to take the job based on your description of the job.
4000km no be beans oh, the vehicle go don wear out and it's hard to accomplish.

Better face a better accounting career.

But wait oh, I heard it's 400,000km
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
eluquenson:
It's very very true
what is very true?
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by eluquenson(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
JEGA01:
what is very true?
Your proposed job of course but get it right it's not 4000km oh it should be 400,000 km
Re: My Fellow Nairalanders, I Need Your Help Now by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
eluquenson:
It's very very true cos I heard of the job, but in my opinion I will tell you not to take the job based on your description of the job.
4000km no be beans oh, the vehicle go don wear out and it's hard to accomplish.

But wait oh, I heard it's 400,000km
my dad argued the same thing. But the guy said to me on phone that it is 4,000km. To me, Its not logical and that's y I am asking. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

WANTED Volunteers - International Summit Of Leaders (lagos), October 2015 / Urgently Needed / Boss Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.