Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child (1375 Views)

Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? / How Do Muslims Justify Mohammed's Marriage To A Child / Since Muhammad Was A Warner And A Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Assalamu alaikum brothers n sisters,pls i wil like those who r enlightened n knowledgeable to advice me on how to go about adopting a child. I ve bn childless for about 4yrs now and i was reading a portion of d Glorious Quran wen i had this strong urge to adopt a baby,i ve never felt dis way b4 in all my years of marriage. i discussed wit my husband n he was ok wit it Alhamdulillah. Now d question is how do we go about it,what n what is required of us? Do we ve any islamic orphanage in nigeria one can adopt? May Allah reward u as u respond. Ramadan Kareem
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2015
cc: maclatunji,muhdG,sissie,Aminat508,kem09,tbaba1234,jarus,dyt,sinaj etc. Pls dnt just read n go, i need ur advice. Help a sister. Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Aminat508(f): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2015
[b]Sorry ma, may Allah (swt) grant you your heart desire.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) once said that a person who cares for an orphaned child will be in Paradise with him, and they would be as close as two fingers of a single hand. The Quran specifically reminds adoptive parents that they are not the child’s biological parents: Quran 33 verse 4-5.kindly read it ma.

Adoption in the sense of changing one’s identity and lineage for a false lineage is prohibited in Islam, but at the same time, it is allowed for Muslims to adopt a child in the sense of taking him/her under his/her wing for providing both physical and spiritual care for him/her. The Prophet (SAW) said, “The best house of Muslims is one where an orphan is cared for

An adopted child retains his or her own biological family name (surname) and does not change his or her name to match that of the adoptive family. Wallahuallam

Yes we have (FOMWAN)Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria. Today FOMWAN is in 34 states of the federation. U may visit any of there branches for better explanation.

Sorry ma, I feel your pain. May Allah (swt) answer your prayers. Pls don't forget last ten days of Ramadan.[/b]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2015
May Allah reward u sister Amina. Am well aware of all wat u wrote n believe me i intend to go about it in d islamic stipulated laws inshaAllah. pls do u knw where FOMWAN office is in abuja n niger state. Thank u so much sis! Pls i need more inputs from odas.
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Aminat508(f): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2015
rainyday:
May Allah reward u sister Amina. Am well aware of all wat u wrote n believe me i intend to go about it in d islamic stipulated laws inshaAllah. pls do u knw where FOMWAN office is in abuja n niger state. Thank u so much sis! Pls i need more inputs from odas.

U re welcome ma .
Abuja:
Fomwan Office Fomwan N/P Sch. Opp. Hotel De Horizon Wuse II Abuja
Niger state:
FOMWAN Sec. IET, Minna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Aminat508:

U re welcome ma . Abuja: Fomwan Office Fomwan N/P Sch. Opp. Hotel De Horizon Wuse II Abuja Niger state: FOMWAN Sec. IET, Minna
Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Aminat508(f): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
rainyday:
Jazakallahu Khairan
wayakum
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Aminat508:
[b]Sorry ma, may Allah (swt) grant you your heart desire.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) once said that a person who cares for an orphaned child will be in Paradise with him, and they would be as close as two fingers of a single hand. The Quran specifically reminds adoptive parents that they are not the child’s biological parents: Quran 33 verse 4-5.kindly read it ma.

Adoption in the sense of changing one’s identity and lineage for a false lineage is prohibited in Islam, but at the same time, it is allowed for Muslims to adopt a child in the sense of taking him/her under his/her wing for providing both physical and spiritual care for him/her. The Prophet (SAW) said, “The best house of Muslims is one where an orphan is cared for

An adopted child retains his or her own biological family name (surname) and does not change his or her name to match that of the adoptive family. Wallahuallam

Yes we have (FOMWAN)Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria. Today FOMWAN is in 34 states of the federation. U may visit any of there branches for better explanation.

Sorry ma, I feel your pain. May Allah (swt) answer your prayers. Pls don't forget last ten days of Ramadan.[/b]
Salam sis. U re very brilliant!!!! Barakalahu-Fil
Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Sissie(f): 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Salam alaikum,

Basically you need to consider if you want a baby, toddler and the different challenges the child might bring considering the age.

I would have suggested a child you can breast feed so you become the child's foster mother and a Mahram to the child but I understand that can't be done now, but you can when Allah blesses you with a child.

A Muslim motherless babies home is at Lugbe. Halal children home very close to Skype bank FHA Abuja.

May Allah accept our prayers, make it easy and reward you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Guide On How To Go About Adopting A Child by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks Sis! InshaAllah i wil consider all wat u ve said n pray for Allah's guidance on dis matter. May Allah reward u.

(1) (Reply)

Radicalism Loading In The South West ? / ONE HUMANITY UNDER GOD/ MPAC 2014 CONVENTION / "Pentecostal Muslims"— Sheik Conducts Deliverance In A Mosque, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.