Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Interview (2006 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / 5 Ways To Answer The Interview Question, "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" / How To Negotiate Your Salary During The Interview Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Interview by HonAdepitan(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2015
Good morning house.I have an interview tomorrow for the role of sales trainee in one of the leading IT firm in Nigeria at victoria island . I need a sincere advice and motivation on how to present myself before the interviwers tomorrow. I am seeking your assistance simply because I noticed I hardly speak up during previous interviews that I have gone for,even when I am saying the right things. However, I will like the house to note that I don't have sales experience but I am a versatile young man willing to learn. Please how do I answer questions like (1)lets meet you (2)where do you see yourself in 5 or 10years. (3) what do you know about sales(4)why do you think we should employ you... please a sincere advice.
Re: The Interview by CHM11: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2015
HonAdepitan:
Good morning house.I have an interview tomorrow for the role of sales trainee in one of the leading IT firm in Nigeria at victoria island . I need a sincere advice and motivation on how to present myself before the interviwers tomorrow. I am seeking your assistance simply because I noticed I hardly speak up during previous interviews that I have gone for,even when I am saying the right things. However, I will like the house to note that I don't have sales experience but I am a versatile young man willing to learn. Please how do I answer questions like (1)lets meet you (2)where do you see yourself in 5 or 10years. (3) what do you know about sales(4)why do you think we should employ you... please a sincere advice.

Most important thing is not what you say but how you say it. Your confidence matters here, see yourself as the best there is and remember that its humans that you are going to have a chat with not God himself.
See the interview as a discussion with a friend and not 'the almighty interview'.

About the Questions, a google search will help you know how best to answer them. But if I was u..here's how I will approach them.

1.Let's meet you.
Ok, my name is Wasiu Adepitan, I am 28 years old. Naturally, I am a very analytical and goal oriented person which was why I studied computer science at the University of Benin where I made a second class upper degree. I had my intership with Huawei technologies where I worked as a Applications research intern. Upon graduation I had my NYSC in Yobe state where I taught computer science and had some interesting achievements. Since passing out of my youth service, I have been working as a system analyst with Microsoft corporations and also recorded some good achievements. (Make sure u know your achievements cos it might be the next questions)

I have this strong passion to build my career in the business development function of a good organization. Values I live by include teamwork, professionalism, integrity and Dedication.

----In summary...name, age, core strength, relate core strenght with why you studied what you studied at where u studied it and what you graduated with if its 2'1 and above. Professional experience (internship, NYSC, work), Career ambition, core values.

1 Like

Re: The Interview by CHM11: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2015
Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?

Naturally, I am someone who values continuous improvement as I am a very fast learner with strong ability to improve steadily. In 5 or 10 years, I would have gained skills and competences that will make me exceptionally excellent in the job. I should be taking more responsibilities, improving the sales team and its efficiency and delivering outstanding results. In 5 years I should have learnt the rudiments of what it takes to be a sales professional, in doing so I will be driving business development and helping the company achieve its mission statement of ........(Search for the company's mission statement online).

In summary...make sure you vision yourself in 5 years with the company and doing great things. Start with stating that u like improving, state that you will take on more responsibilities, you will learn the required skills and you will deliver results, not just any results but results that will be in line with the company's mission.

1 Like

Re: The Interview by CHM11: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
What do you know about sales?

Please do your research bro. There must be something useful in google..remember to tell them that you are a very fast learner and you can learn and grow on the job as you have a strong passion for meeting goals and targets.

Why do you think we should employ you?

I believe the company's values of bla bla bla (know their values) align with mine and the atmosphere here will support my career ambition in the short and long term. Also, I bring more than just what you need, I have great passion for sales and business development. Excellence is something I value so I know I will go the extra mile in ensuring I meet and exceed expectations on the job.

I believe I am the best person for this role.

Be confident and assuring when saying this.....

Just go there and talk to the persons.....they are guys and ladies like you and I...relax and Sell yourself to them.....let them be interested in you and love how you come across in a way that even after the interview, the memory of you stays with them.

Success at your interview bro.

1 Like

Re: The Interview by HonAdepitan(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
I really appreciate your indept advice. Thank you so much.
Re: The Interview by CHM11: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
HonAdepitan:
I really appreciate your indept advice. Thank you so much.
You are welcome.
Re: The Interview by HonAdepitan(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2015
I thought I should give you feedback. I am done with the interview...It was a panel of three. Two Nigerians and a Russian. The Russian is the of sales so he bombarded me with questions...I was audible this time around,however my split dried up almost immediately the interview commenced,not funny though. Even while I was saying jaggons, I was looking him in the eyes anf was aslo emphazing on my passion for the job
there was a time he told me i was mixing up marketin,sales and customer care together. so
Re: The Interview by CHM11: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
HonAdepitan:
I thought I should give you feedback. I am done with the interview...It was a panel of three. Two Nigerians and a Russian. The Russian is the of sales so he bombarded me with questions...I was audible this time around,however my split dried up almost immediately the interview commenced,not funny though. Even while I was saying jaggons, I was looking him in the eyes anf was aslo emphazing on my passion for the job
there was a time he told me i was mixing up marketin,sales and customer care together. so

Lols, hope you told him about your willingness to learn and what you know that differentiates the3 departments?

Anyway its done, the rest is with the God you serve. Just go and start giving thanks, live a good clean life and show God that you can actually build a track record of sacred service.

I wish you the best.

Kind regards.
Re: The Interview by samik900(m): 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
HonAdepitan:

hw did u apply?gime d email add,lemme send my cv pls !tnx
Re: The Interview by yusdeejah: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pls, is this scam, interview at no 4 Aboidon shobajo street, Agidinbi town hall tomorrow by 9:00 .The company name was not disclosed.

(1) (Reply)

Unified Payment Systems / Minder Needed (rumuodara - Port Harcourt) / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course 25 Massive Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.