Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

PC or Console For Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC or Console For Game? (3886 Views)

How To Play PSP Games On PC Or Laptop 2015 / How To Play Sony Playstaion 2 Game On Your PC Or Laptop / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PC or Console For Game? by demmy(m): 4:52pm On May 17, 2005
I have never play on any of them popular game console but I do a lot on my PC so why should I get a console (Playstation, Gamecube, Xbox) when I can do the same thing on PC? Anyone?
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Seun(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2005
I used to feel the same way until my brother got his XBox! The beauty of the console is that you don't have to worry about hardware compatibility, and it comes with gamepads which are definitely better for gameplay than keyboards or mice!

The best combination is a dedicated game console and a digital (high resolution) television screen.

3 Likes

Re: PC or Console For Game? by Hunter(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2005
I prefer playing games on a computer because of the keyboard and mouse smiley

Also you tend to get much more detailed games on pc (and a much much larger selection)
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Seun(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2005
I agree that you can get a wider selection of games on a PC. Pirated games! tongue
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Hunter(m): 3:59am On May 18, 2005
I still own alot of games though perfectly legally though tongue
Re: PC or Console For Game? by jogego(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2005
How good the game renders on a PC is limited by the graphic card. For a games console, its built to do one thing and one thing only, let you enjoy your gaming exprience. It is definitely better than playing on a PC.

1 Like

Re: PC or Console For Game? by Seun(m): 11:52pm On May 31, 2005
I agree with you jogego. Nothing beats the experience of playing a game like Halo 2 on an Xbox!

1 Like

Re: PC or Console For Game? by jogego(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2005
A bit off topic but really cant see how people enjoy using the new handheld games consoles Nintendo DS and PSP. Personally, the larger the screen the better the experience or is it just me? And rather than spend over £100 for a hand held console, I'd rather spend the same amount on a full games console.
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Hunter(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2005
people do it because it's portable, nothing sucks more than a long plane trip with nothing to do (flying from here to nigeria allows me to see every movie emirates offers and some twice)
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Chigszy(f): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2005
Console for a game is better because the built in features are meant to hence the game environment. you get a better feel when playing with the console also you are able to hook up many people to play a game (for example with X-box (i am not really sure about PS) you could hook up up to 6 people playing at the same time in different rooms but of course you will need about 2 consoles because one console could take about 3 or 4 people. it is not the same feel if you play your games in your pc. the screen is smaller and the effect is not the same but of course the pc is cheaper.. what do you guys think of the latest PlayStation Portable, the hand held version: PSP-1001K, released in March 25th 2005?
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Hunter(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2005
My mate got one in from hong kong and it is pure class, tony hawks on it is amazing smiley

Also 6 people in one game bah thats nothing battlefield 1942 64 people now there is something smiley
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Chxta(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2005
When you have my system, (2.8GHz, 1024GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 64MB Graphics card, Dolby Surround 5.1 with subwoofers, 24 hour 128 Mb dedicated Internet connection grin), you'd never think of a console!
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Weymola(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2005
I was talking with a friend the other day as he and I often share thoughts on various Xbox games. He was telling me about an Xbox games arcade he was setting up in Dolphin. The whole idea being a location where gamers can meet and challenge each other or take part in team games like Ghost Recon, or Counter Strike. It sounded like fun as some games can be quite addictive when you play against others instead of the computer.  smiley
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Latoya(f): 7:40am On Jul 29, 2005
Well XBOX is the bomb,playing games on the pc is nt as fun as on a console.
the diiferences r much... wink
has any one played the xbox game called HALLO?both 1and 2
i think it is the best so far
Re: PC or Console For Game? by tomcat: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2005
I guess choice is yours...

If you are using pc..for other things as well..like word processing, excell, photo processing, digital camera etc...then pc is the way to go....pc beats hands down a console...as long as it has top notch equipmenet in it...

If you want to invest money only for gaming...then go get a console...as it will cost you less than a pc...there is a wide variety of games..and all the game developers nowdays..are moving to consoles....
Re: PC or Console For Game? by johnbosco(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2005
for me console is the shizzeiiiiin!!!

pc ..yap u have more and cheaper access to games, but nothin like a console infornt of a 29 inch TV with friends gathered round for a challenge on a soccer game or combat game........ouchhhhhH!!!! its the very levels
Re: PC or Console For Game? by goodguy(m): 2:12am On Nov 05, 2005
Does anyone know any site where I can download nice action/adventure/racing games with 3D graphics from the net?
Re: PC or Console For Game? by tunku(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2005
I prefer pc gaming over console gaming. if you want to know a place where you can dl any software imaginable just hit me up with a pm. Caveat Emptor, pc gaming is hella expensive. I have spent a lot of money building and upgrading my computer. I would suggest console gaming for the ease of things but if you have a passion for computers and the money to support the habit then I would say go for it.
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 12, 2020
johnbosco:
for me console is the shizzeiiiiin!!!

pc ..yap u have more and cheaper access to games, but nothin like a console infornt of a 29 inch TV with friends gathered round for a challenge on a soccer game or combat game........ouchhhhhH!!!! its the very levels

We have 4k screens now
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Nomswag: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
grin funny how people forget, tv of different sizes can be used as Monitor with the help of HDMI cable.

2 Likes

Re: PC or Console For Game? by AyarmBoye(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:
I agree with you jogego. Nothing beats the experience of playing a game like Halo 2 on an Xbox!
nothing? Have you played call of duty on ps4? Think again ...
Re: PC or Console For Game? by klava: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
The computer needs to choose given the requirements for the game that sets the game developer. I like playing CS GO. This is a game with which I can make real money if I sell csgo skins
If you want to run this game on windows, the minimum requirement would be Windows 7, Vista, or XP. For computers using Mac, you can at least have macOS El Capitan, and Ubuntu 12.04 would be sufficient for Linux.
Re: PC or Console For Game? by cristy149: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
AyarmBoye:
nothing? Have you played call of duty on ps4? Think again ...
ode ...you are bumping a 15 year old thread
Re: PC or Console For Game? by cristy149: 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
Chxta:
When you have my system, (2.8GHz, 1024GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 64MB Graphics card, Dolby Surround 5.1 with subwoofers, 24 hour 128 Mb dedicated Internet connection grin), you'd never think of a console!
see as this one is boasting of a spec that can't run sudoku or zuma deluxe now grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: PC or Console For Game? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
cristy149:

see as this one is boasting of a spec that can't run sudoku or zuma deluxe now grin grin grin grin
Lol but he said that a very long time ago
Re: PC or Console For Game? by AyarmBoye(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
cristy149:

ode ...you are bumping a 15 year old thread
i will just ignore !!! Peace !!

1 Like

Re: PC or Console For Game? by kristian56: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
The field of betting is of interest to many players who want to make money in esports, but at the same time cannot or do not want to get into the professional scene. Betting is the best way to make money in this industry, which is available to everyone. At the same time, there are many sites that offer not even risking their own money when making bets, but instead just bet on CS: GO this hyperlink esports with skins.
Re: PC or Console For Game? by swaqq(m): 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chxta:
omo!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: PC or Console For Game? by mcgayver: 12:44am On Oct 31, 2020
looking for someone to play csgo together and sell csgo skins? if so, add me on steam: macuramba1141 - I have MG1 and I'm good, I can talk on discord smiley
Re: PC or Console For Game? by eugenenwajei(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2020
Chxta:
1gb ram grin)
Re: PC or Console For Game? by Balogunofafrica: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
eugenenwajei:
1gb ram grin)

Lol, that wa 2005. 1gb ram was quite cool.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Genius Can Answer This / Playstation 4 Pro 1tb (used Neatly) / Naija Gamers (PC, Console & Mobile Gamers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.