Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Thread For Nairaland That Can Cook - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Thread For Nairaland That Can Cook (772 Views)

So You Think You Can Cook Nigerian Food Recipes? Share It Here / I Can Cook Noodles With Egg Can I Call Myself A Cook? / 6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Nairaland That Can Cook by chimaobikanu(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
This thread is dedicated to all Gastrosexual Nairalanders, Come in and show us what you've got. Those that can't cook are allowed to join and learn.
In a bid to keep the thread alive and running, I will be uploading recipes and video tutorials and I encourage others to do so.

Ladies your also welcomed to watch, read and comment, thank you!
Re: Thread For Nairaland That Can Cook by chimaobikanu(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
My Banga stew recipe.

Ingredients: Palm fruits(banga), smoked fish, meat, onion, salt, ehuru, seasoning, scent leave, pepper, and crayfish.

First, wash the palm fruits and cook for 30+mins. Sieve the water from the palm fruit and pour the palm fruits into morta and pound. Pound until it's all smashed and you could see oily particles. After pounding, add hot water to the fruits and Sieve so you could remove the chaff from the oily banga water. Pour the banga oily water into your cooking pot and boil. Allow it to boil so the water level will dry up.

While waiting for the banga to boil, wash your meat, put it in a pot, add onion, salt(to taste), and seasoning. Put it on fire and allow to dry and add little quantity of water to it. Then cover and allow to steam.

While the two are cooking, quickly wash and cut the scent leaf. Also use hot water to wash the smoked fish. Then, grind your pepper and crayfish.

Now check the banga by steering it. If it's thickening, then it's OK.

Now add the steamed meat, followed by the washed smoked fish. Add the grinned pepper & crayfish, and steer. Allow to boil and then add salt, seasoning to taste and ehuru . Allow to boil for like 40seonds now add the scent leaf and cook for 30 seconds.

And that's it, voila! Bon Appétit.

Re: Thread For Nairaland That Can Cook by nuelzy: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2015
any lady wanna get a dime from me....she must know hw to prepare dis stew#my best....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Replace Your Morning Cuppa With Ginger Tea! / What I Eat In China Frogs? Snakes? Find Out. / Baguette Bread Supplier Wanted In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.