Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Please Educate Me! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Please Educate Me! (737 Views)

Educate Yourself: Islam 1.1 “introduction To Islam... / Educate Yourself: Islam 1.1 “introduction To Islam... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Educate Me! by FeestoNOVA(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
First let me say a big thank you to all those behind yesterday Ramadan lecture I really learnt a lot. With that been said here are my questions
1. Why was Prophet Isa mentioned more than Prophet Mohammed in the quran
2. How come we have two chapters that spoke about Prophet Isa mother (Mariam and Family of Mariam) and just few verses about Prophet Mohammed mother

Please Educate me
Re: Please Educate Me! by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 12:00am On Jul 08, 2015
FeestoNOVA:
First let me say a big thank you to all those behind yesterday Ramadan lecture I really learnt a lot. With that been said here are my questions
2. How come we have two chapters that spoke about Prophet Isa mother (Mariam and Family of Mariam) and just few verses about Prophet Mohammed mother

Please Educate me

Quran is like history book for prophet Muhammad....
only little verses were directed to Mohammed because of his current tribulations and future conquers in his tribulations which he's yet to know....
besides.... isa is miracle of Allah that many have gone astray due to the non understanding of his Creation... that's why...

It's musa that is mentioned most in Quran

1 Like

Re: Please Educate Me! by abdurrazaq(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Please Educate me! Edit the topic appropriately.
@questions, the person above me has done justice to them. Let me add this, calling the prophet's name numerous times would mean inattentiveness on the part of the prophet. The Quran is a guidance to the whole world revealed through the prophet hence, the number of times his name was mentioned has no importance or diminishing consequences on his prophethood.
Other prophets that were mentioned frequently were references or example to corroborate the instructions that are being passed. They weren't mentioned for the sake of story telling but, for the prophet and indeed, the whole world to learn from their lives.
Wa ALLAHU A'lam.

1 Like

Re: Please Educate Me! by AlBaqir(m): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
FeestoNOVA:

The brothers who have commented above have done a great job. I will however like to add mine in sha Allah.

First this question is often ask by the Christians to highlight that Nabi Isa (alahi salam) is greater than Nabi Muhammad (sallahu alahi was ahli wa salam). But unfortunately for them, if this is the criteria in selecting the best, they can't live with the fact that Nabi Musa (alai salam) was the most mentioned.

Note that Quran mention and address the holy Prophet more than any other prophets though not by name but by "pronoun", "titles/alias" and of course "character"

The following points (my thought) are the reason why Nabi Musa and Nabi Isa were mentioned most than Nabi Muhammad:

1. Before the advent of Islam, Judaism and Christianity are the main dominating religion of the society. Note I am not concern about Polytheism.

The Rabbi and the teachers of both religion have falsify some of the teachings of these heavenly sent religion. The personality of Jesus have been changed. Therefore one of the duty of the prophet of Islam to the world at large is to correct these thought. Observe Jesus were mentioned most with introduction to his personality being a servant of God and not God, not son of God; and that all his miracles are empowered by Allah, and not of his own accord as Christian understood.

2. Nabi Musa was mentioned most because he lived a longer exemplary life. Jesus life was very short so also was his mission. Musa encountered a lot of hurdles, challenges and fulfill missions with his followers and evil personalities of his time. His sojourn and quest in the spiritual realm with Khidr was also full of information. In short in his stories there are lessons and lessons for the later generations (the community of Muhammad) to learn from.

3. Quran was revealed for Muhammad to teach the humanity starting from the people of his time. These people including the Jews and the Christian of that time KNEW him like they knew their own children (Quran says).

For Quran to be detail about the biography of Muhammad will be meaningless to them. It only make sense that a present book refer and correct the story, information and teaching of the past apart from addressing issue of the present and future.

FeestoNOVA:

Please Educate me

Maryam (as) and Imran (as) were also mentioned frequently in the Quran. Again Christian argue Muhammad's parents were not important compare to Mary. Infact there are some Hadith which allege that Prophet's parents were infidel and in hell (nauthubillah). In fact there were no direct verse revealed about the prophet's parents.

Observe, the personality of Mary need to be corrected also amidst the false information given by the Jews and the Christian in their polluted teachings. And besides Maryam was such an impeccable role model. Prophet made mention of Four women being the leader of all women of paradise. Maryam, Asiya (the wife of pharaoh), Khadija and Fatima (as). Fatima, the daughterof the prophet was said to be the leader of these four women yet her name was not mentioned in the Quran. Only her characteristics identity were mentioned. Reasons given above were why Mary was mentioned in the Quran.

The parents of the holy prophet were not mentioned in the Holy Quran because of same obvious reason of a known identity in their community in which Quran was revealed. As per their defence of never being idolater, kindly see the link below:

www.nairaland.com/1811203/muhammad-saws-ibrahim-parents-infidel

Allah knows best. Wa salam alaykum.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Virtues Of Tahajjud / Still on Sallah Celebration in china, never knew they have Muslims like this / Eidil Fitr: Strictly In Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.