Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook (10491 Views)

What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / Nigerian Food (Pictures Only) / The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2009
tell everyone the best food you have ever eaten, seen or tasted.

Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Hauwa1: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2009
Snail stew with lots of rodo, tatashe

dried fish stew

ofe onugbu, ofe efirin (forgot what my mom calls it), ofe ujuju, infact all the ofes grin

my jollof rice kiss
my egusi with ugwu
my egusi with spinach and bitter leaf with assorted stuff (dried fish, shrimp, crayfish, ponmo, shaki, oxtail, smoked turkey, hen, etc)

my dried prawn
my miyans
now i got a watery mouth grin phew
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by osisi2(f): 1:16am On Mar 06, 2009
I had the juiciest , most delicious roast  beef brisket recently.
I can't even describe it.
It was at a dinner in my oyinbo church (didn't care for the other nyamanyama they had for sides)
The only thing it lacked was a side dish composed of a heavy mound of the best jollof rice I've ever eaten prepared by this caterer, Kunbi (or so)
Let me not even talk of her moin moin and stewed beef.
The woman can cook!
Infact Yorubas got jollof rice on lockdown.
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by iice(f): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2009
Poundo and Okoho cheesy
Poundo and Egusi or almost any soup for the matter cheesy
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by ikamefa(f): 2:43am On Mar 15, 2009
peppered efo riro containing snails,cow feet,tripe, cow fuku &edo,  dried and blended shawa  ouch! wished i had 4 stomachs the day i ate that!  grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by TOYOSI20(f): 12:25am On Mar 16, 2009
Eforiro wid assorted meet, served wid pounded yam, happens to be ma all time fav.!!!! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Ofensala is also real nice as well!! cool
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2009
Goat meat white soup with Pounded yam

Tilapia white soup with Pounded yam

Ujuju with Pounded yam
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by MrCrackles(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2009
Pepeye:

Ujuju with Pounded yam

Wetin be white soup? shocked
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by MrCrackles(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2009
Pepeye:

Ujuju with Pounded yam

Do you mean OJUJU CALABAR? tongue
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by DeReloaded: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
yea can you elaborate on this "white soup"
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2009
Ummmm actually some folks call white soup Nsala hmmm
While Ujuju  soup. . .is so sumptuous with lots of snails in it kiss
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by MrCrackles(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
Pepeye:

Ummmm actually some folks call white soup Nsala hmmm
While Ujuju soup. . .is so sumptuous with lots of snails in it kiss

How come i havnt heard of this kind of soups then? cheesy
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2009
Apparently u re yet to taste the best hmmmm
Anyway there is still time . . as per the white soup u can get it in any good restaurant on Victoria island in lagos. . .
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by DeReloaded: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
why is it called White?

No pics?
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by CrazyMan(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
I can't really tell, I've seen and eaten too many foods
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2009
DeReloaded:

why is it called White?

No pics?

Unfortunately no pix for now. .its called white cox it looks whitish  . . .

I did describe where to get it if u so curious about it
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by DeReloaded: 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
Dont live in Naija undecided
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
DeReloaded:

Dont live in Naija undecided

me too. . .
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ dereloaded

If u still interested to know how it looks and taste wheneva u re in naija hit any good restaurant precisely on the island and request for white soup and pounded yam. .i bet, u will definitely get a sumptuous meal . .
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2009
Food? Yuuuuuuuuuuuckkk. tongue
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
stillwater:

Food? Yuuuuuuuuuuuckkk. tongue

Comot for here naw, with that mouth of yours! tongue grin
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by mohawkchic(f): 4:53am On Mar 17, 2009
~The Best Niaja Food I've eaten & will love to eat again was

~Eba w/ some sauce that had green leaves grin Looked like Spanish undecided

~I have Cooked Processed Pounded Yam powder W/ my own Non Niaja Okra Soup

~Am yet to try any other Nigerian food
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by DeReloaded: 5:05am On Mar 17, 2009
mohawkchic:

[color=#550000][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=10pt]~The Best Niaja Food I've eaten & will love to eat again was

~Eba w/ some sauce that had green leaves grin Looked like Spanish undecided

efo riro. (Vegetable stew)

Not a fan of eba myself. It's all about amala. and okra.

efo riro is great with yam though. Boiled yam not yeye pounded yam cheesy
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by mohawkchic(f): 5:17am On Mar 17, 2009
DeReloaded:

efo riro. (Vegetable stew)

Not a fan of eba myself. It's all about amala. and okra.

efo riro is great with yam though. Boiled yam not yeye pounded yam cheesy

~Lol. . .i like boiled yam . . with Stew but prefer your pounded yam as a substitute to[i] Fufu [/i] which is what i like to eat Okra with. . .But Jeez cooking Fufu eats a lot of energy . . all that stiring,so i opt for yeye pounded yam tongue !

~It will be interesting to try Amala w/ Okra. . just googled it grin
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Hauwa1: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
i only like the okra soup cooked by my mom. she has a great native way of making okra soup and i miss her food a lot.

karma, you like amala wow grin i do too but only the ones made from plantain. i love the aroma and the darkish color too.

so good with stew and huge meat and lots of rodo. whenever am served ewedu and stew, i put ewedu aside and wack the stew pari pari wink

can't wait to lay my hands on efo riro. i tried making it but the spinach here na lipsrsealed it made the soup taste weird.

nigeria spinach/efo is kiss kiss kiss
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by nich(m): 3:17am On Mar 18, 2009
best seen,

on bill boards advertising restaurants;

best eaten,

amala with ewedu and pepper stew; tongue

best cooked (recently),

beans garnished with so many things good for my health. grin
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by tallnaijaf: 5:11am On Mar 18, 2009
HEY!!!!!
how comes
SNAILS
are a recurring
ingredient
in most of these
supposed sumptuous feast

ack! throws up!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by everlast: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2009
tongue Tuwon Shinkafa and miyan Kuka, unbeatable cool
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by ijawgirl: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2009
Pounded yam and vegetable soup
Yam-boiled, fried, pottage cheesy

Riverine girl-gotta love sea food
shrimp
peppered snails
crab
fish(cat fish my fav
prawns etc
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by Pepeye(f): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
Yam pepper soup
Peppered snail
Suya
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by CrazyMan(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2009
Now I remember; Eba
Re: Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook by nich(m): 4:47am On Mar 21, 2009
I remember golden brown oven-grilled chicken. my! my!! my!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Inflation Jumps To 14.09% In Nigeria / What Is Or Should Be Nigeria's Official National Dish? / Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.