Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic (436 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / I Am A Strong Catholic – Emenike Denies Converting To Islam / Emmanuel Emenike Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic by nsiazu: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2015
Fenebache and Nigerian midfielder Emmanuel Emenike is upset with his club coach for revealing his secret to the media. The striker who told his coach that he was on fast was misquoted by his coach that since its the muslim's fasting period, he was a muslim but Emenike came out to clearify himself by saying he is on the opposite.

“The report that I am now a
Muslim is absolute rubbish and
false. I want the source of the news
to re-address it. I have no reason to
convert to Islam even though I have
lots of Muslim friends. Is there any
big deal observing fasting during
the (Muslim) fasting period?” he
asked rhetorically.
“I am very disappointed seeing the
news going viral because it is
something I told my coach in our
conversation when he asked me a
question and never said I have
become a Muslim. Fasting is not
what everybody should know that
you are doing and it’s very sad
seeing this in the media.”
“I am Catholic, a strong one for that
matter, and I came from Christian
home. I don’t discriminate against
anybody and I believe we are all
equal in the presence of God, so
what is the big deal in fasting? Does
he know how many time I fast to
get closer to God before the fasting
periods? It’s really sad because I
don’t see it as a big deal,” he told
AfricanFootball.com.

Re: Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic by bewla(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2015
je kano
Re: Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic by bewla(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2015
je kan mo
Re: Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic by nsiazu: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2015
bewla:
je kan mo
Huh?
Re: Emenike Denies Converting To Islam, I’m A Strong Catholic by Young03(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2015
hmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AC Milan Receive Rights To Build New Stadium. / Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped Of WBO Welterweight Title / Christian Popoola, Josh Okogie Combine For 47pts In 73–63 Win Vs China At Nike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.