Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? (4113 Views)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages / Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? by darfay: 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2020

Y u 1 know her house hmmm ? Lolz if u wanna give her anything give her here nt wen u see her... Lolz

U dey find wife Abi Lolz
#Kidding

Long time
Re: How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? by darlenese(f): 1:59am On Mar 15, 2020
darfay:

Growing up, did you guys urhobo or okpe @ home?

my dad and mum used Urhobo and Okpe and their main mode of communication , not to us ,but to themselves Somehow I got to learn the language .
Re: How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? by darfay: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
darlenese:

my dad and mum used Urhobo and Okpe and their main mode of communication , not to us ,but to themselves Somehow I got to learn the language .

Oh cool, I wanted to know if you were able to understand urhobo with only knowledge of okpe language
Re: How Far Do You Understand The Okpe Dialect Of Urhobo ?? by Udazi: 3:05pm On Mar 03
darfay:

Your moniker sounds uvwie, shouldn't they speak for themselves?
linguistically, he is correct, Urhobo,Okpe,Isoko,Eruwa,Uvwie are separate distinct languages according to linguistic scholars that belong to southwestern Edoid branch of the proto Edoid group. Identification is another thing, whatever they choose to identify as is different from linguistic reality

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts About Benin Origin Of Ikwerre Tribe / Raped By A Gay Man? / How Much Does Traditional Marriage Cost In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.