Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP (912 Views)

Hypertension And High BP Reversal Therapy / Does Coke and Pepsi Cause High Blood Pressure? / What Causes High BP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Elxandre(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2015
Hi,
A nurse was passing by and stopped over for a BP test.
However, I just returned from fetching quite a number of buckets from the well, when I met her testing my folks, so I decided to check mine.
I sat down and immediately developed increased heartbeat (I'm usually scared of any Medical stuff) sad , had my test and had a quite not nice result.

Could it be as a result of my fear of the test and the immediate strenuous work that caused the result?
I have an upcoming exam anyways, which I'm quite anxious about.
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Mbkite(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pozble
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Yooguyz: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Yes, if its done in high intensity.
@BottlePop. My PM is malfunctioning, tell me what you want to tell me here in NL.
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Elxandre(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
Yooguyz:
Yes, if its done in high intensity.
@BottlePop. My PM is malfunctioning, tell me what you want to tell me here in NL.
High Intensity?
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Yooguyz: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Elxandre:

High Intensity?

That is if you try to do too many things at once, or in a short time.
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by DrAify(f): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
You actually had what is called white coat hypertension
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by tforever(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
Elxandre:
Hi,
A nurse was passing by and stopped over for a BP test.
However, I just returned from fetching quite a number of buckets from the well, when I met her testing my folks, so I decided to check mine.
I sat down and immediately developed increased heartbeat (I'm usually scared of any Medical stuff) sad , had my test and had a quite not nice result.

Could it be as a result of my fear of the test and the immediate strenuous work that caused the result?
I have an upcoming exam anyways, which I'm quite anxious about.

sure it's possible.
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by Elxandre(m): 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
DrAify:
You actually had what is called white coat hypertension
Thanks Doc Aify, I saw that on Google.
The last time I had it checked, it was perfectly normal.
I just hope I don't get scared again tomorrow.
Re: Could Immediate Strenuous Work Cause High BP by DrAify(f): 3:22am On Jul 08, 2015
You are welcome.

Haha @ bolded
Elxandre:

Thanks Doc Aify, I saw that on Google.
The last time I had it checked, it was perfectly normal.
I just hope I don't get scared again tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

14 Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water / If You Under Go This Pile / Super Effective Cure To Keloids And Bumps - Don't Miss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.