Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? (1172 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture? / Is There Anything Wrong In My Feeding Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2015
Good day nairalanders,have got an issue/problem to share in the hope that I will get your opinions response on it.Some might find it funny but well it actually seems so although I don't want to see it as such,lemme go to the point.
Am in my early twenties,I like to eat wit pals and siblings alike either home made or buka made food,my worry is that every time we ate very hot food together,they seem to have a high level of tolerance for hot morsels of foods in their mouth unlike me who always blow cool air to any hot morsel before it gets into my mouth,this mean they are faster and would have took in more morsels before I finish blowing air into mine to cool it down,not that am stingy (if I were,I won't be sharing plate with anyone) but this usually made me feel like a little boy in their midst when we ate hot foods together.Even when I ate hot foods alone I can't help blowing air into it before putting it in my mouth,this is why when I went to parties,I usually avoid very hot swallows like semo and amala unless I know they are not so hot and would instead go for rice since it cool down by itself faster cos I don't want to embarrass myself by blowing air into foods served me at the party.
I will like to know if it is a normal reaction or a sign of an abnormality on my part,or it was just that my tongue isn't well suited to hot foods,also is anyone experiencing this too?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Kingsasian(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
@op, we are in the same shoes. Its normal.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kingsasian:
@op, we are in the same shoes. Its normal.
yeah bro,but u won't find it normal when at a party.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
21yrs right? Hot food is ur priority abi?

Since its a concern to you I will help. Try burning tongue once or twice with hot food, gradually u will get use to it. Or blow once and swallow!

But on a serious note I think u should recheck ur priorities. U should be thinking about education, a skill, self improvement and self actualization. I mean, u should have dreams of the kind of life or the person u want to be and set goals on how to achieve them and not hot food!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by prettyjo(f): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
hmmm... it depends on how u blow the air esp how u keep your mouth
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by marshalcarter: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lolzzz

Sorry oooooo
grin
M not stingy ooo...but I dnt share hot food cos b4 I finish blowin 1 spoon...no need to say wah wud apun to the remainin foodgrin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Kingsasian(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Olayinka8793:
yeah bro,but u won't find it normal when at a party.
and its the major reason why I don't eat out especially at bukas, parties etc. I love to take my food home. Even my family and friends understand as well.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
vfactor:
21yrs right? Hot food is ur priority abi?

Since its a concern to you I will help. Try burning tongue once or twice with hot food, gradually u will get use to it. Or blow once and swallow!

But on a serious note I think u should recheck ur priorities. U should be thinking about education, a skill, self improvement and self actualization. I mean, u should have dreams of the kind of life or the person u want to be and set goals on how to achieve them and not hot food!

Cheers
take it easy on me bro,ok am self employed and gainfully too,i know i can improve in many aspects but i don't need u to tell me wat should be my priorities ok?,and u know there is a time for evertin,time to post serious topics and not so serious ones ok?am not a kid in thinkin as u assume ok?so take it easy on me.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
marshalcarter:
Lolzzz

Sorry oooooo
grin
M not stingy ooo...but I dnt share hot food cos b4 I finish blowin 1 spoon...no need to say wah wud apun to the remainin foodgrin
lol smart guy.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kingsasian:
and its the major reason why I don't eat out especially at bukas, parties etc. I love to take my food home. Even my family and friends understand as well.
I get u bro,u can do all d blowing in the comfort of your home without feeling uncomfortable
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Yustash001(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
OP...I don't anything is wrong with you.....someone people's tongue can tolerate a hot food....Infact some don't mind eating food while it's still on fire....
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Kingsasian(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Olayinka8793:
I get u bro,u can do all d blowing in the comfort of your home without feeling uncomfortable
exactly
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Olayinka8793:
take it easy on me bro,ok am self employed and gainfully too,i know i can improve in many aspects but i don't need u to tell me wat should be my priorities ok?,and u know there is a time for evertin,time to post serious topics and not so serious ones ok?am not a kid in thinkin as u assume ok?so take it easy on me.

OK. But hope u got the advice!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
vfactor:

OK. But hope u got the advice!
Sure.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Me Please ? by Olayinka8793(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Yustash001:
OP...I don't anything is wrong with you.....someone people's tongue can tolerate a hot food....Infact some don't mind eating food while it's still on fire....
that is true,where do u belong among them?

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Cucumbers / Photo: See What This Lady Is Doing / 10 Must-have Ebooks For Food Entrepreneurs, Bakers, Processors And Nutritionist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.