Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back (8918 Views)

Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! / Wao Real Real Money!! How I Legally Make 150k In Just 5days. U Can Do It! / From Hobby To Money: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by preciousone123: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear readers,

I started a new job about 5 months ago and my manager had promised me that after my second month with the company I would be provided with staff card that enables me get money off in silver bird galleria on the weekends. Also I was told that as I decided not to eat in the canteen I would have added on money to my salary. Also because I drink into work I would also be given some re-imbursement towards fuel.

However this is 5 months and still I have not been given or offered any re-imbursement or added on salary. This is beginning to affect my motivation and also my beliefs in the company to keep to their words.

If anyone is feeling the same way I feel, pls can you share it with me. Does your company's lack of fufilling the psychological contract between you prevent you from being committed to the job? Or is the lack of trust you have in them making you re-consider if you would like to get a new job else ?

So if my company at this early stage is already not fufilling their promise. I wonder how many more of their promises in the future they would fail to fulfil....

That is a big question I want the masses to help me answer

Nairaland forum people abeg help me....with advice
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Sharon6(f): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
FTC on my birthday!! That means there are a lot of good things coming my way.

I dedicate this space to my unborn baby. I can't wait to have you. And all my birthday mates all over the world.

Please show me love and wish me well by giving me 500 likes. Thanks.

52 Likes

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
"I started a new job about 5 months ago and my manager had promised me that after my second month with the company I would be provided with staff card that enables me get money off in silver bird galleria on the weekends. Also I was told that as I decided not to eat in the canteen I would have added on money to my salary. Also because I drink into work I would also be given some re-imbursement towards fuel".

My thoughts are as follows:-

1. Your language is weak and poor. Do you mean you drink into work shocked

2. Does your company's lack of fufilling the psychological contract between you prevent you from being committed to the job? shocked.

There is nothing like psychological contract? No emotions in business or contract shocked

3. That is a big question I want the masses to help me answer shocked

This is a social sphere, where we congregate and share ideas etc. "Masses" - The body of ordinary people or people of low socioeconomic status shocked Do you know that masses would not be able to stay online and spend data online undecided

By the way, what is your level (i mean junior or senior staff) in this organisation?

16 Likes

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by yorke1: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
You better start thinking of how to create your own business and stop thinking of working with that company for unforeseeable future.

Well back to you question, was there any written document backing what they agreed with you? if no, you can't sue them but if yes, you can.

In case you need a Lawyer, I am very much available undecided

1 Like

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by DankemzI(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tender your resignation letter on Friday
Then come Buhari will give you re-imbursenent and incentives plus the 5,000 for unemployrd graduates

9 Likes

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by omanifrank(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
wait on the Lord
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by money121(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
my country to get work wahala
make company pay salary agbako
why all dis for GOD Sake

Aliamudulilahi for my life.. my boss no dey own em staff salary ooo
batlan roof

call 08085310359 for your original stone coated roofing tiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhxUykOAv8&feature=youtu.be
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by yorex2011: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Just here for the space
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by tellwisdom: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
The money wey dem owe you reach buy 3 crates of beer??....Guy, no Disturb us abeg angry
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by beekaymee(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hmm

Modified

Bros ur monthly salary never do u??

Na people like u dey end up like d thiefs that are fighting because of wardrobe allowance angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by money121(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
DankemzI:
g

g for goat
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
The police is your friend
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by alaoeri: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Op be patient, FG ( some parastatals ) & some state governments can't pay salaries talkless of a private firm.
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by benedictjohn(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Y
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by iamauxin(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Take them to the court...that's d only way. but make sure you've got enough money to sustain the legal suit
Good luck!
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Swaggzkid: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sowiee
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by belamour(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
InspiredM Dey Owe Revlution 2.7M

Come N Learn The Trick We Go Use Help Revlution Collect Her Money

https://www.nairaland.com/2398436/horrible-experience-inspired-autos
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by vizkiz: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
go to your manager's house at night and point a gun to his freagging head!

2 Likes

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by CriticalThought: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
preciousone123:
Dear readers,

I started a new job about 5 months ago and my manager had promised me that after my second month with the company I would be provided with staff card that enables me get money off in silver bird galleria on the weekends. Also I was told that as I decided not to eat in the canteen I would have added on money to my salary. Also because I drink into work I would also be given some re-imbursement towards fuel.

However this is 5 months and still I have not been given or offered any re-imbursement or added on salary. This is beginning to affect my motivation and also my beliefs in the company to keep to their words.

If anyone is feeling the same way I feel, pls can you share it with me. Does your company's lack of fufilling the psychological contract between you prevent you from being committed to the job? Or is the lack of trust you have in them making you re-consider if you would like to get a new job else ?

So if my company at this early stage is already not fufilling their promise. I wonder how many more of their promises in the future they would fail to fulfil....

That is a big question I want the masses to help me answer

Nairaland forum people abeg help me....with advice

There is a difference between promise and contract in the workplace

You mention your boss made you a promise, was this verbal or was there a written contract?

If it was not legally written, agreed and signed by both parties then nothing for you oh. Its your word against theirs and you cant prove it in court without paperwork.Your best bet is to try and get it in writing or find another job

1 Like

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by scribble: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmm

This one may not even go out with prayer and fasting

But pray and fast
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by money121(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
tellwisdom:
The money wey dem owe you reach buy 3 crates of beer??....Guy, no Disturb us abeg angry

3 Likes

Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Quit na
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by samuelizko(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
call the corpse... shocked grin
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Adesiji77: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Coming
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by edo3(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eya sorry oo.
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by deebsman1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by henrixx(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
M STANDS FOR THE OP....

WAT DOES M MEAN
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by henrixx(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
M STANDS FOR THE OP....

WAT DOES M Mean?
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by markidoo(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Y wud dat b.
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by Adenugay(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
h
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by AgreatMan: 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
op hold on, lemme ask aregbeshola
Re: My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back by enigstil(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
For Christ sake in heaven, I wonder hw dis kind of bullshit made it up to front page.Can't you ask some few friends around you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workers:4 Simple Ways To End Each Workday Happy / Interested In Music?http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0d12fe02......download / Banks Will Halt Retrenchment- CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.