Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad (41947 Views)

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? / Nigerian Students Abroad Protest The Ban On The Use Of Naira ATM Cards. / Buharinomics: Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by ugoezeik(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2015
pls for those who understand English language well, wat does it mean. dat naira will not be using in china, us, Canada n co. again?
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
persius555:
If nigerians would cut down on their thirst for anything foreign and patronise locally made products, with this policy in place for a period of six months, our foreign reserve will shore up and investors will have confidence in our economy. And the value of naira against dollar will improve. These are the sacrifices we all need to make to save our nation from drowning in debt.
China imports 100 times than us in almost everything they do..Importing whole items and parts of Items are termed imports.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
ugoezeik:
pls for those who understand English language well, wat does it mean. dat naira will not be using in china, us, Canada n co. again?
exactly U r now forced to buy raw dollars b4 u go abroad or forced to open a dom account and a card linked to it.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
architez:

Please, how about new cars? I anxiously await your answer.
same thing bro.my take on this is that some cabal stand to gain from this especially those in the Black MKT.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
persius555:
It favors dangote, elephant cement etc these companies employ more than 250,000 nigerians. Nothing stops u from starting ur own business too and start making millions and employ nigerians. UK is the financial hub of europe, its economy can support importation of any good from other countries, besides UK economy is not export monolithic like ours.
I get that but try in ur own time n read a bit bout the economic development of the UK. U will not that they support their industry by giving them insertives to encourage them.no banning imports unless on health grounds.in the issue of cement they should encourage the small producers by good monitor policies ie loans.tax breaks etc that way their product will be cheaper..If ABI cement is 800 u think I will buy China for 900?
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by Mavor: 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
It's like this CBN governor is clueless on monetary policy. This is not how you incite consumers to spend their money locally. Time for a change.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by trustech25(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
redcap:
Mods kindly move this thread to FP,travellers needs to stay informed to avoid being stranded abroad.
Cc.lalasticlala,ngwakwe

MAY GOD RESCURE NIGERIANS FROM THIS CBN GUY
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by GentleFrank(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
I guess this move is to checkmate fraud and to appreciate the Naira value on the long run. Wonderful initiative indeed !!!
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by flyca: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
vimi:

Umm, alternatively outbound money transfers(western union, money gram etc) could be used to improvise the card iif eventually blocked.

Domiciliary account This iis an account that allows you save iin US Dollars, Pounds Sterling or Euro; with your money valued at the prevailing exchange rate. iit facilitates your international business transactions
, iit can be opened from home n diaspora(diaspora banking)

What currency iis used iin ur host country?? We could talk private on this to protect ur financial status

Yes pls. xyz@yahoo.com
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by ugoezeik(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
erico2k2:

exactly U r now forced to buy raw dollars b4 u go abroad or forced to open a dom account and a card linked to it.
wow dats wondaful, shebi baba buhari tok say him go mk d tin 1to1 so wetin b d prob again. dat one no b big deal na abi d dola stil de high?
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by MrCEO69(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Pls i dnt understand, dose it mean i can't withdraw with my ATM in Ghana, i will be going bck to school on Saturday oh, and a friend of mine is complaining already, what den should we do? Pls help oh, i need explanations oh.
Pls help explain more, when to complain to ecobank here in lag dey didnt even mention these.
vimi
redcap

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by redcap: 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
MrCEO69:
Pls i dnt understand, dose it mean i can't withdraw with my ATM in Ghana, i will be going bck to school on Saturday oh, and a friend of mine is complaining already, what den should we do? Pls help oh, i need explanations oh.
Pls help explain more, when to complain to ecobank here in lag dey didnt even mention these.
vimi
redcap

This policy doesn't in any way affect cards linked to personal accounts (savings/current),it only affects those cards linked to corporate(registered companies) accounts.though someone on this thread has actually mentioned earlier that he was unable to use the same UBA MasterCard,but I think that case isn't related to this policy.
My advice; for the benefit of hindsight I'd suggest you stop over at Cotonou or lome,make your withdrawal in CFA then exchange it to at the border to GHcedis then proceed on your trip.
NB: The attached pics below is a circular from cbn.

1 Like

Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by MrCEO69(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
redcap:

This policy doesn't in any way affect cards linked to personal accounts (savings/current),it only affects those cards linked to corporate(registered companies) accounts.though someone on this thread has actually mentioned earlier that he was unable to use the same UBA MasterCard,but I think that case isn't related to this policy.
My advice; for the benefit of hindsight I'd suggest you stop over at Cotonou or lome,make your withdrawal in CFA then exchange it to at the border to GHcedis then proceed on your trip.
NB: The attached pics below is a circular from cbn.

thanks so much bro, dnt knw why banks costumer care are always angry nd frustrating.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by dhappyking(m): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Now CBN don confuse, fproper,-pfroper!
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by tsdarkside(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2015
persius555:
You dont have to get perturbed. I believe the policy will not be all the way rigid, we just need to cut down on our foreign spendings. As time goes on, the system will improve, SMEs that need to procure essential goods will be able to access Fx funds. For now, lets spend our foreign reserve on only good that have no local alternatives.

my bros,,,,,what is the meaning of perturbed?? i beg you....
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by architez: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
owagbeba:

Interesting. Check your mail.

I replied your email. Don't know what happened. I think I'll simply drop u my digits so we can talk.

BTW, you may care to comment on a thread I just posted in crime section called:
"Age of consent: Is this what we want?"

Whenever u post a thread also tell me.
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
lexy2014:
Boko de do their own. Emefiele de do him own with bvn and forex. Buhari no even de do anyone

All of them dey run at parallel lines
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
Oma16:
I have been trying to pay an application fee from Nigeria to a canadian school but not successful, saying ' the credit card transaction rejected'
pls is it this same ban by CBN dat is frustrating the payment? if it is, pls how can I pay the application fee? Anybody with helpful information please. Thanx.
what kinda card? visa, verve or mastercard
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by spinola: 3:12am On Jan 06, 2016

Nigerians are so mypoic its unbelievable. This policy will dmaage the naira, and worse, the entire Nigerian economy in the long run.

Not in the long run, but in a matter of months. There's a storm coming! You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits it is going to be Hell. Nigeria's foreign exchange reserves stood at $29.10 billion by Dec. 30, how long do u think it will take for that to disappear ?
Re: CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad by HammerEvery(f): 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
Please what current information/status on the CBN card restriction policy. Has anyone tried making payment online unsucessfully?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Beautiful Christmas Decoration In New York / Accident Victim Takes Selfie, Says "It Was Fun" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.