Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

En-meshed In White This Wimbledon - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / En-meshed In White This Wimbledon (451 Views)

New Fashion Trend In White / Actress Toyin Aimakhu Slays In White Mini-gown, Crowns It With A Lovely Wig / Alaafin Of Oyo's Last Wife, Olori Olaitan Looks Ravishing In White (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

En-meshed In White This Wimbledon by kayleyons(f): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2015
It's a complete whitewash out there! Mandates have gotten stricter and protests have gone stronger.

But neither is Wimbledon ready to ease up on the colour code, nor are the players ready to compromise on tennis' biggest fashion platform. So, designers, and, of course our tennis style icons, have found ways to 'skirt' the all-white rule and also make fashion statements on the court. What if the rainbow palette has been made off-limits? One can always experiment with the fabric and the cuts. And that's exactly what we are seeing in this edition of the Big W. The trend that has taken the tourney by storm is the air mesh fabric. Be it the skirt, the hemline or the bust, our favourite stars, it seems, have gone all mushy over mesh. With a hint of colour peeking from knickers or tees, our tennis hotties are taking the courts by storm. Here's a lowdown...

The peek-a-boo colours on court

Bethanie Mattek-Sands is known for her style statements. She added the much-needed colour to this year's Big W with her pink and purple hair. She also sported a flowers and bees tattoo on her arm.

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/prom-dresses-2014-2015

Eugenie Bouchard created controversy by sporting a black sports bra under her dress.

Expectations run high when it comes to this fashion icon. And Maria Sharapova did not disappoint. Her pyramid-patterned self-fabric definitely made her look the diva that she is and more!

So what if it's an all-white dress code? Lucie Safarova's colourful nails say it all.

Serena Williams has always been the maverick frontrunner when it comes to on-court fashion. Remember the neon knickers? Well, the world No. 1 steered clear of the mesh maze this year, but still made a statement in an animal print self-fabric dress.

Caroline Wozniacki's figure hugging skater dress with a frilly mesh hemline is arguably this season's best outfit. Don't miss the yellow strip on her knickers.

Venus Williams, who designs her own costumes, made sure her's was in stark contrast to the herd. And how do you do that when all you have is white? You experiment with pleats on your skirt and straps on your collar!

What they say!

'I love Wimbledon but they've gone too far now. The rules have become ridiculously strict. My personal opinion, I think it's too strict. If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there was some colours, you know, but it was all white.'' — Roger Federer

"I didn't even get married in white. I think it's gotten a little excessive. It was funny, because I was actually googling some players like John McEnroe played, Arthur Ashe, they had colour everywhere." — Bethanie Mattek-Sands

"If they say it's all white, it's all white. You try to be creative. We've tried to do that with my dress. But I think every tennis player enjoys to play with a tiny bit of colour. It's fun to try to be creative even though you have to wear white." — Caroline Wozniacki

backless prom dresses

(1) (Reply)

Aditi Rao Hydari Shares Her Beauty And Fashion Mantras / Cloths Gives Impression, Know What You Wear / 2 Weeks Website Design Training: Joomla & Wordpress For N15,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.