Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward (564 Views)

What Is Romantic About 'romanceland?'...the Way Forward / See The Captivating Beautiful Picture Of Our Country At Night.. Pic / What Is Your Wishes For Our Country @ 55 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward by chocolateme(f): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Our coins: This country is blessed with wealth, health and resources but our leaders has forgotten little things that still makes it worthwhile, when other countries are still making use of coins among their medium of exchange, Nigeria has sent it into extinction yet it exists.
I was curious days ago about it at a shopping mall where i bought groceries the other day, my bill emerged with 93.50k, the lady at the counter concluded it as 95naira as usual but out of curiosity I asked her to give me the accurate balance after payment and surprisingly, she gave me coins for balance.
Now I don't even remember what our coins looks like and secondly, I doubtany market woman will pay attention to you with that coin but funny enough, even at Cotonou, tey even use as little as 100 cefa in coin . Wish Nigeria can ressurect the use of coins once again and they look so cute too. What's your take on it?

Re: What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward by psucc(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
The polymer notes have created potholes in my pockets and now you are calling for coins.

Taken time ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward by chocolateme(f): 12:14am On Jul 10, 2015
psucc:
The polymer notes have created potholes in my pockets and now you are calling for coins.

Taken time ooo!!!

lwkmd.. at least if u carry 50k worth if coins, make I see how armed robbers go take carry am run
Re: What Has Become Of This Our Country's Medium Of Exchange, What's The Way Forward by joeybankz: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2020
Paper Money | Medium Of Exchange 
Although it is widely published in many books that the receipt issued by goldsmiths constitute the first use of paper money, it was not until the British colonial state of Massachusetts put them into circulation during her war with French Canada that they became very important.
The French later did same between 1716 and 1720 with a greater success than the British colony. Paper money functioned at first in the same way as gold coinage, because the holder of such notes could claim from the authority issuing the note, the exact equivalent in gold or silver. Paper money consist of simple normal values, or symbols of value, which then replace the full value of gold silver.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo: See How This Guy Responded To The Girlfriend's Demand / Who Will You Call?! / Imagine Season Movies Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.