Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

BEDC Dragnet Test.... - Jobs/Vacancies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEDC Dragnet Test.... (166303 Views)

BEDC Recruitment 2017 / Olam Engineering Graduate Trainee Dragnet Test / Bedc/dragnet Test On 02/10/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by EkpebaborBLE: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
efetoski:
Pls don't get confused, interviews were done in Benin 5th and 6th April. coincidentally, some pple were writing dragnet test in lagos in dt same 5th and 6th. The success mail sm of us hv gotten is for the interview nt dragnet test. Those who wrote dragnet test should chil. I don't think ur result is out. U can strt preparing for d interview if u knw u did well in the test. Good luck to you guys.
I wrote dragnet exam on 6th in Lagos I av gotten an invite for interview

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
EkpebaborBLE:
I got invite for interview too, 09037876554 WhatsApp no
when did you write your test?which time the invite entered?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
19Bayonets:
you wrote the dragnet test on 6th too ba?
Yeah

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
Congratulations to all who are invited for oral interview. Prepare ur mind to b asked on how u can relate ur course of study to electricity distribution and what u can bring to the company. Wish u guys good luck

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
ymee:
when did you write your test?which time the invite entered?
EkpebaborBLE
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by pearlprincess(f): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2017
efetoski:
For All those who just got interview success mail nd are to assume soon at BEDC, let form a watsapp group. Pls send ur numbers so u cn b added.
it's a good idea

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by jackbaur(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
EkpebaborBLE:
I wrote dragnet exam on 6th in Lagos I av gotten an invite for interview
Please, when did you receive your invite? And is it through SMS or email? Because I wrote my test on 6th April too
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Rajman45(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
me too, anyone with likely interview questions
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rajman45:
me too, anyone with likely interview questions
relate ur course of study with electricity distribution, what you intend bringing to the company, why should u b employed. Pls don't jus base on d fact that u are going to b trained. Tell dem what u can offer, Dts very important. Study ur cv very well. Be able to explain ur job experience in ur cv like ur IT

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
transformer.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by lewizylee(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Know how to defend your CV..that's all

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Rajman45(m): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
efetoski:
relate ur course of study with electricity distribution, what you intend bringing to the company, why should u b employed. Pls don't jus base on d fact that u are going to b trained. Tell dem what u can offer, Dts very important. Study ur cv very well. Be able to explain ur job experience in ur cv like ur IT
thanks a lot
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Rajman45(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
efetoski:
BEDC INTERVIEW TIPS.

1) WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT BEDC ?

BEDC is one of the 11 distribution Companies that emerged following the privatization of the now defunct or state owned PHCN in 2013 (september 30). BEDC is responsible for retail distribution of electricity in delta,edo,ondo, and ekiti state of Nigeria. 
BEDC is a joint venture between vigeo power limited and the federal government of Nigeria represented by the bureau of public enterprise and the ministry of finance with majority being held by vigeo power limited as the core investor. 
BEDC is the 4th largest distribution Company in terms of distribution capacity with Mrs Funke Osibodu as CEO.

2) TELL US HOW THE NIGERIA POWER SYSTEM OPERATES.

The Nigeria power system consist of Generation, transmission and distribution. I could also add consumption or utilisation. 
Generation in Nigeria is usually hydro or thermal plant. Examples of hydro power plant are kainji, jebba and shiroro. 
Thermal power station are usually coal or gas fired. Examples are, Afam, Sapele, Ughelli, geregu and Egbin power plant. Coal_fired in kogi state. 
The transmission systems have voltage networks of 330kv and 132kb
The distribution networks have voltages of 33kv,11kv, 415V and 240V for single phase. Distribution company are abuja, benin, eko, enugu, ibadan, ikeja, jos, kaduna, kano, portharcourt and bornu electricity distribution Company. Nigeria bulk electricity trading company (NBET) owned by the federal government, buys power from all generation stations and sell competitively in the open market. Nigerian electricity regulatory commission (NERC) is the power sector regulator. Distribution companies buy power from generation companies which will be wheeled to them through the transmission grid.

3) WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ATC & C LOSSES ? 

ATC losses means Aggregate Technical and Commercial (and Collection losses.
Technical losses are due to iron and copper losses in transformers, corona losses, copper losses on transmission lines, low power factor etc. They are due to the nature or design of the complex network of conductors and transmission lines between generation and distribution. 
Commercial losses also known as non technical losses are due to customers consuming power without paying- meter bypass, theft and vandalization , trees falling on transmission lines e.t.c.

Copper is a better conductor than aluminium as it has lower resistivity. Copper losses can be reduced by using conductors with large cross sectional area to reduce the resistivity with subsequent reduction in I2R losses. Also by transmitting power at a higher voltage for a given power means less current is transmitted hence less copper losses.

FOR THE ELECTRICAL GUYS (GOOGLE):
1) Difference between isolators, circuit breakers and relays.
Contactors?

2) Why is an Isolator referred to as an OFF load device while a circuit breaker is an ON load device?

3) Why is it not safe to operate an isolator ON load?

4) Function of buccholz relay in a power transformer.
thanks man

2 Likes

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by marksamuel2181: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2017
efetoski:
For All those who just got interview success mail nd are to assume soon at BEDC, let form a watsapp group. Pls send ur numbers so u cn b added.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by 19Bayonets: 10:58am On Apr 24, 2017
ymee:

Yeah, u?
yes I did.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
WERE
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by heyeoler(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
08028808536.add me up
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by EkpebaborBLE: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2017
T
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2017
lewizylee:
Know how to defend your CV..that's all
lewizylee, if u were among dos of us dt was successful in the last oral interview at Benin on 5th / 6th April inbox me ur number let's add u up on our watsap group chat.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by lewizylee(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2017
Ok add up

efetoski:
lewizylee, if u were among dos of us dt was successful in the last oral interview at Benin on 5th / 6th April inbox me ur number let's add u up on our watsap group chat.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
[quote author=lewizylee post=55927842]
Ok add up
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by lewizylee(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Have sent u

efetoski:
ur number nt found. Watsap dis no 08057874005
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 10:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hw was the interview today, share ur experience
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by timothy2015(m): 7:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Was more like a discussion made lot of sense
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2017
timothy2015:
wish u good luck. Waiting to add u to our successful list. Let say by next week your results should b out
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by lewizylee(m): 9:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Congrats ahead

timothy2015:
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by 19Bayonets: 11:56am On May 06, 2017
lewizylee:

Congrats ahead

Thanks
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 5:34pm On May 06, 2017
Pls check ur mails. Dos dt did interview last week April 27th hv started receiving success mail. Join us on our watsap group if u r successful
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Xzbit91: 10:56pm On May 06, 2017
efetoski:
Pls check ur mails. Dos dt did interview last week April 27th hv started receiving success mail. Join us on our watsap group if u r successful

Share the group link
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by efetoski: 11:16pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=Xzbit91 post=56278713]

Share the group link

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Xzbit91: 11:28pm On May 06, 2017
efetoski:
join the watsap group: 08057874005

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by kellyboo: 1:15am On May 07, 2017
efetoski:
join the watsap group: 08057874005
pls kindly drop the email u used in applying for this job.. tanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (70) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Force Is Recruiting / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.