Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D (3094 Views)

Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / CHAN Draw: Nigeria In Group A / Watch AFCON 2013 Finals Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso Online Free (2) (3) (4)

Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2005
CAF Draw in Cairo - ACN EGYPT 2006 final Draw

African Cup of Nations draw took place in Cairo at 9pm Nigerian time. We are in group D with Ghana, Zimbabwe and Senegal which has been docked "group of death". What is your opinion?

Analyse the groups, and predict which two teams will qualify in each group.

Group A:
Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Ivory Coast
Group B:
Cameroon, Angola, Togo, RD Congo
Group C:
Tunisia, Zambia, South Africa, Gambia
Group D:
Nigeria, Ghana Zimbabwe Senegal
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2005
Where are the football pundits here to do justice to this draw.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2005
Here we go again.

Qualifiers from the Group stages would be like this;

Group A Ivory Coast, Morrocco

Group B Cameroun, Angola

Group C Tunisia, South Africa

Group D Nigeria, Senegal

My prediction is that Nigeria and Cameroun will play the final.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2005
How sure are you?
Why Nigeria and Cameroon in the final?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2005
Quite sure. Normally the group pairings will be like this

Winner Group A Vs Runner up Group C Ivory Coast vs South Africa

Winner Group C Vs Runner up Group A Tunisia vs Morrocco

Winner Group B Vs Runner up Group D Cameroun vs Senegal

Winner Group D Vs Runner up Group B Nigeria vs Angola

By this, Nigeria and Cameroun will avoid each other, while dealing with other countries and thereby qualify for the final to face each other.

Am I clear?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2005
Sir kay I wish it's just like you anlysed here.
I will want us to meet Angola again.
But the judgement day is just by the corner.
Jan 20 to Feb. 10 2006.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2005
Actually that's how the format used to be, so if not changed, then Angola is in for the thrashing of their lives. Been following football actively since 1984, though I once played "on the street" football and as a right full back then. Stopped playing in 1994.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2005
Oh why did you stop playing?
Who knows where you could have been now.
May be Man U or Arsenal grin

And may be playing for Nigeria.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2005
My right knee cap was almost damaged due to injury and had to call it quit.

Till now the pains comes once in a while on the same knee, even though it's been treated.

Though I dont play again, I love the game with a passion.

Am a GUNNER, anytime, anyday
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2005
Sirkay, you really gave my prediction.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by t2wise(m): 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2005
Group A:
Egypt, Ivory Coast
Group B:
Cameroon,Togo,
Group C:
Tunisia, South Africa,
Group D:
Nigeria,Senegal
CAf should have put Angola instead of Zimbabwe I don't see Ghana going anywhere who knows this group might be somone loosing through the head to head rule or by tossing of coin but I think Nigeria,Ghana, and Senegal are in great form now I wish eagles the best of luck.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2005
No head to head rule in nations cup.
It's Fifa's rule not Caf's rule.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2005
There's going to be head to head application at next year's CAN
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2005
We must have learnt our lesson then.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2005
@ Greatpeter

I hope so.

Anyway, am still doubting the way head to head will be applied at the CAN next year. I'ld keep you posted with my findings
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 9:17am On Oct 23, 2005
Please keep us updated.

Will Nigeria make it to the final?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2005
Sure Nigeria will be at the finals and it'ld be against Cameroun
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2005
And who wins between Nigeria and Cameroon?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2005
Patriotism apart, it's going to be Naija
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2005
Are we the only football freaks on the forum?
People are not contributing apart from 2wise and drdaddybig.
What's up?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by SirKay3(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2005
Dunno o
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2005
May they are still being hunted by Nigeria's non qualification to the World cup.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by soko(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2005
Here we go again.

Qualifiers from the Group stages would be like this;

Group A Ivory Coast, Morrocco

Group B Cameroun, Togo

Group C Tunisia, South Africa

Group D Nigeria, Ghana

My prediction is that Nigeria and Cameroun will play the final.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2005
Well we shall see which comes to pass.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2005
Well, from the loss to Egypt (though draw) in the 2006 worldcup qualifying series, I'll say Cameroun will be meat to Nigerians. I can't imagine the fact that Cameerouns worldcup qualification was lying in their hands, they were playing home against Egypt, yet, they could not get a goal above their guest. This will show that they will not do more than the minimum if we have the in the finals even with the quality of players we have.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2005
Don't you think they like wounded lion now?
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2005
You know one has a limit. Come to think of it, Super Eagles nko?
If cameroun had got something within them, they had 90mins to express all they had before common Egypt who did not win or draw any match against IvoryCoast both home and away.
You know how we used our own opportunity, 5 goals - 1 against a stronger team Zimbabwe despite divided attention as it was obvious to most of our players that Angolans would win Rwandans; whereas, Camerounians that had only that their match as a determinant and therefore with all their (maximum) efforts could not still win by a goal even with penalty kick given to them.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by opeyemi(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2005
Ngigeria & ghana will pull thru' in group D, while Ivory coast & egypt in A, cameroon &togo in B ans Tunisia & the last one I dont know in C.

Sure, nigeria for final but I prefere Ivory coast as runner-up.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by oluwizard(m): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2005
Group A:
Egypt and Morocco
Group B:
Cameroon andAngola
Group C:
Tunisia and South Africa
Group D:
Nigeria and Senegal

NIGERIA AND CAMEROON FOR FINAL
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2005
How I wish Angolans will have miracle so that we meet them in the finals.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by Greatpeter(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2005
I don't see Angola surviving that group rather I'll tip Togo.
Re: Egypt 2006 Finals: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe & Senegal in Group D by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2005
I only wanted them to know, we just dashed out the chance to them. Atleast, by the time we have given them 7-0, they wouldn't need much arguement to be loyal.

Watch The Match Live On Youtube Nigeria Vs North Korea In Hd Still 4-0 / Football Betting Tips / Real Madrid Goalkeeper Is The Worst In The World!