Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

South African Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Visa Application (701 Views)

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria / A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Visa Application by FoxyAxio: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
I am not sure if anyone else has faced this issue, I just need help to manage my employer's expectation. I overstayed my visitor's visa in 2011; since then I haven't attempted to reapply after my return to Nigeria. Last week, my employer asked that I apply for a visa for a meeting in SA urgently. I have a great job and my employer covering all costs, I have put in for the application, however I am scared I will be rejected. Has anyone tried to apply for a visa after overstaying previously?

I was asked to pay a R3000 fine which I never paid then as I didn't have the funds. Out of fear I didn't disclose this to my employer. Will my visa be rejected?
Re: South African Visa Application by Hostermipo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
FoxyAxio:
I am not sure if anyone else has faced this issue, I just need help to manage my employer's expectation. I overstayed my visitor's visa in 2011; since then I haven't attempted to reapply after my return to Nigeria. Last week, my employer asked that I apply for a visa for a meeting in SA urgently. I have a great job and my employer covering all costs, I have put in for the application, however I am scared I will be rejected. Has anyone tried to apply for a visa after overstaying previously?

I was asked to pay a R3000 fine which I never paid then as I didn't have the funds. Out of fear I didn't disclose this to my employer. Will my visa be rejected?
were you repatriated or deported? . with your answer I will be able to know the fate
Re: South African Visa Application by FoxyAxio: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
None of the above. I left on my own accord
Re: South African Visa Application by Hostermipo(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
FoxyAxio:
None of the above. I left on my own accord
the probability that you will be granted is high, since you are neither repatriated nor deported , and one last question, hope there is no stamp indicating you over stayed on your passport? if not, your visa will be granted

(1) (Reply)

Inquiry On The Basics Of Travelling Out Of The Country / US Student Visa / Check Out The Luxurious Interior Of This N10.5 Billion Private Jet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.