Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? (1835 Views)

Smart Minds Only. / People Are Losing Their Minds About This Picture Of A Model’s Leg On Instagram / Which Section Of Nairaland Really Made Your 2015...click To See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by intrepid: 6:43am On Jul 12, 2015
Could Nairaland really mirror how some Nigerian youths reason?

Sometimes as I read through comments on posts here,I wonder a lot if the comments I read here really mirror how our youths currently reason in Nigeria.And sometimes,it vividly portrays mental laziness and total lack of cognitive aptitude.

Poor understanding of basic everyday events and problems we face daily as a country and total inability to profer any reasonable solution/suggestions.Simple current events in the country confuse them and can be seen from their useless comments on Nairaland.Some in an attempt to hide their ignorance,simply turn everything to joke,and one wonders what would happen should they get any public office to hold.

Its so pathetic and I want to believe that the folks here ,especially those involved are a minority,nay a minute dot in the population ;I don't really like to believe they represent the youth and the general reasoning.

And many claim to be graduates.They cannot read a simple post;they cannot make a simple intelligent comment especially on some reasonable posts,instead they fill everywhere with Smileys and unrelated sidetalks like schizophrenic patients.

However,when you hear that they are unemployable,they engage in cyber crime,marrying of grandmothers to get visa,arranging marriage with white ladies etc,one might begin to grab why its this way.

Check out the gross errors in simple spelling where many youths write English as it sounds in their native tongue-i don't want to give examples to avoid obvious offence(Didn't they go to school at all?) ,or some useless comments on some of the posts here and try to relate them with the profiles of the posters and you would just shake your head for them--- men and women alike.

What really has happened to some of our youths?

Are these the leaders of tomorrow?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
You're not far from the truth. Too many lazy, ignorant, semi-literate, irrational and bigoted youths here and offline.

It's what the social media has caused us.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Horlufemi(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
It's a really sad thing to note but be rest assured that there are really intelligent guys out there. Those that can make us proud.

Have you ever encountered some people here that would insult you for no reason? The ones I pity the most are the ones who are tribal minded and hate others with all their passion.

This is a scourge.

But I've met intelligent youth everywhere in Nigeria and once these ones are given the opportunity we would be proud of them.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ksbusari(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2015
tongue Mr. Reasonable.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by dechar(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2015
sunday sermon
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by donbenedict(m): 6:54am On Jul 12, 2015
It is very important to know just like comments from Linda ikeji, twitter and facebook, nairaland isn't an exception...

There are people that will always comment reasonable things

Some will always be funny

Some will always be boring

While the rest will be annoying

Buh whichever the cases, nothing should be taking too seriously...

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by donbenedict(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2015
Horlufemi:
It's a really sad thing to note but be rest assured that there are really intelligent guys out there. Those that can make us proud.

Have you ever encountered some people here that would insult you for no reason? The ones I pity the most are the ones who are tribal minded and hate others with all their passion.

This is a scourge.

But I've met intelligent youth everywhere in Nigeria and once these ones are given the opportunity we would be proud of them.
the intelligent onese you've met are sadly enough the ones that may spew crap on social media..

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 12, 2015
wailing Wailers,supporters of APC
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Horlufemi(m): 6:59am On Jul 12, 2015
donbenedict:
the intelligent onese you've met are sadly enough the ones that may spew crap on social media..

No I don't believe that. Intelligence is relative. Every one has an atom of intelligence.

There are still youth of honour and sound minds who won't don't have time to spew crappiness on social media. They make intelligent responses. Those are the ones I term intelligent.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Shortyy(f): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2015
Nairaland is also a social media. you don't expect everyone to be nice on social media, do you?

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by donbenedict(m): 7:07am On Jul 12, 2015
Horlufemi:

No I don't believe that. Intelligence is relative. Every one has an atom of intelligence.

There are still youth of honour and sound minds who won't don't have time to spew crappiness on social media. They make intelligent responses. Those are the ones I term intelligent.
yes there.. No doubt about that... The reason why I just love social media is because nobody gives a hoot about what anyone thinks, it just goes down d drain like dirt in a sink... When everyone wants to show superiority in d social media, the whole place just turns into a mad house... Tolerance is key when handling people in social media, to avoid verbal abuse. If one insults you, how do you react? You say you are intelligent, buh replying a fool doesn't it make u intelligent? No! Rather u associate yourself in the company of fools and become a fool with them.. If we want to be termed "intelligent" on social media, the first step is to be civilized in comments....

Wisdom is key, not intelligence
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2015
Janjawiid fools are questioning the IQ of others where they blindly campaigned and voted in a gerriatic despotic sectional biggotted semi-illiterate in the 21st century.

Pick up a mirror and behold the fool

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by sebali: 7:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Yes NL is a true representation of d average Nigerian; Religious and ethnic bigots, E warriors, Shameless and Corrupt, hides his weakness and excesses under d umbrella of religion. The Average Nigeria also thinks he/she knows it all and wants 2 force d conformist idea on U
The painful tin is dat those online are suppose 2 be d literate ones.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ba7man(m): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
Janjawiid fools are questioning the IQ of others where they blindly campaigned and voted in a gerriatic despotic sectional biggotted semi-illiterate in the 21st century.

Pick up a mirror and behold the fool
Here's a good example of the type of youths in question.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 12, 2015
ba7man:
Here's a good example of the type of youths in question.

You fools have all of a sudden gone silent with all the nonsense your foolish president is displaying.

Do you expect us all to be slaves like you fools?

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ba7man(m): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

You fools have all of a sudden gone silent with all the nonsense your foolish president is displaying.

Do you expect us all to be slaves like you fools?

observe how he replies me with venom at little provocation. Evidence of an already frustrated youth probably raised in an abusive environment.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2015
ba7man:
observe how he replies me with venom at little provocation. Evidence of an already frustrated youth probably raised in an abusive environment.

speaking to yourself ... that is mental sickness

I will only answer janjawiid fools like you in your own venomous tongue.

broom wielding dunce
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ba7man(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

speaking to yourself ... that is mental sickness

I will only answer janjawiid fools like you in your own venomous tongue.

broom wielding dunce
Because your dad abused your mum and siblings regularly doesn't mean you should transfer the aggression online. It's ok, be strong......things will get better for you.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by kalufelix(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
Atimes i want to make a reasonable comment but it becomes boring so i just have to find a way to cure the boredom...dont take everythin here seriously including this comment...
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by sebali: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
ba7man:

Dey attack u and ignore d topic
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by powerfulsettingz: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2015
@op is always depend on the section has visited though

But in a simple sentence nairaland has Contributed, alot to my life
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by powerfulsettingz: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2015
@op is always depend on the section has visited though

But in a simple sentence nairaland has Contributed, alot to my life
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ba7man(m): 7:40am On Jul 12, 2015
sebali:

Dey attack u and ignore d topic
Face your front sir.......... thank you.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by omenka(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2015
@ Intrepid. I think nairaland to a large extent mirrors how some of us think in real life, the only difference is, given that it is a largely anonymous forum, most people find it easy flaunting their foolishness as though it were some sort of priceless medal of valour. They can't do so outside the virtual world because they would be ostracised even by their own families for being so dumb.

However, you might wanna revisit this line in your second paragraph:
And sometimes,it vividly portrays mental laziness and total lack of cognitive ineptitude.
I think the coloured should be aptitude and not ineptitude. If you say someone lacks cognitive ineptitude, you are saying that person is very intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2015
ba7man:
Because your dad abused your mum and siblings regularly doesn't mean you should transfer the aggression online. It's ok, be strong......things will get better for you.

All you Southwest bastards keep resorting to insult other people's parents is this because you lot grew up in a dysfunctional setting|?

I know the Southwest has the highest GDP of bastards and kids born out of wedlock is that why you bastard think every family setting was like yours?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by dBard: 7:58am On Jul 12, 2015
I think it is.
Daily interactions with my fellow Nigerians has reinforced that fact.
If there's further need for proof, u need not go further than some of the responses above.

A lot of Nigerians are intellectually very lazy and as mentally deep as plate of water.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by ba7man(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

All you Southwest bastards keep resorting to insult other people's parents is this because you lot grew up in a dysfunctional setting|?

I know the Southwest has the highest GDP of bastards and kids born out of wedlock is that why you bastard think every family setting was like yours?

I know you're in deep pain........... cry
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by UncleJudax(m): 8:05am On Jul 12, 2015
ba7man:
Why did you have to provoke at all?
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by markidoo(m): 8:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Let it rain.
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by Horlufemi(m): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2015
donbenedict:
yes there.. No doubt about that... The reason why I just love social media is because nobody gives a hoot about what anyone thinks, it just goes down d drain like dirt in a sink... When everyone wants to show superiority in d social media, the whole place just turns into a mad house... Tolerance is key when handling people in social media, to avoid verbal abuse. If one insults you, how do you react? You say you are intelligent, buh replying a fool doesn't it make u intelligent? No! Rather u associate yourself in the company of fools and become a fool with them.. If we want to be termed "intelligent" on social media, the first step is to be civilized in comments....

Wisdom is key, not intelligence

I feel you
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by donbenedict(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2015
Horlufemi:

I feel you
smiley
Re: Is Nairaland Really Nigerian Minds? by free2ryhme: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2015
intrepid:
Could Nairaland really mirror how some Nigerian youths reason?

Sometimes as I read through comments on posts here,I wonder a lot if the comments I read here really mirror how our youths currently reason in Nigeria.And sometimes,it vividly portrays mental laziness and total lack of cognitive ineptitude.

Poor understanding of basic everyday events and problems we face daily as a country and total inability to profer any reasonable solution/suggestions.Simple current events in the country confuse them and can be seen from their useless comments on Nairaland.Some in an attempt to hide their ignorance,simply turn everything to joke,and one wonders what would happen should they get any public office to hold.

Its so pathetic and I want to believe that the folks here ,especially those involved are a minority,nay a minute dot in the population ;I don't really like to believe they represent the youth and the general reasoning.

And many claim to be graduates.They cannot read a simple post;they cannot make a simple intelligent comment especially on some reasonable posts,instead they fill everywhere with Smileys and unrelated sidetalks like schizophrenic patients.

However,when you hear that they are unemployable,they engage in cyber crime,marrying of grandmothers to get visa,arranging marriage with white ladies etc,one might begin to grab why its this way.

Check out the gross errors in simple spelling where many youths write English as it sounds in their native tongue-i don't want to give examples to avoid obvious offence(Didn't they go to school at all?) ,or some useless comments on some of the posts here and try to relate them with the profiles of the posters and you would just shake your head for them--- men and women alike.

What really has happened to some of our youths?

Are these the leaders of tomorrow?

they make the erroneous belief that ability to string words up to make poetic lines is not a gauge for intelligence

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON Jotters:confronting The Mystery Of Strange Curses. Dr. D.K Olukoya / Meet The 23 Year Old Lady Who Has No Legs But Makes $1000 Per Day -[PHOTOS]- / Your Time Is Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.