Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac (768 Views)

>> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Ishmael And Isaac, The Great Cover-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2015
Churches today preach Isaac is Christainity and Ishmael is Islam. How true is this?

Let's discuss it

Cc: Ishilove
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by INTROVERT(f): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2015
You dont have a pastor to ask abi grin
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Welrez(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2015
When the mythical Abraham (Ibrahim) left Iraq and went to Israel, passing through Turkey, he never knew he would found three religious sects that would haunt man through the ages. It's little known to many that the Koran, the Bible, and the Torah are essentially the same books. What differentiates them is their belief in different Prophets. Judaism takes to Abraham, Christianity believes in Jesus Christ, and Islam sees Prophet Mohammed as the last prophet in the generation of prophets sent by Allah. Islam recognises the prophethood of Jesus but not his divine status. The Isaac and Ishmael dichotomy is remote in the context of contemporary clashes between these religious sects. But the funny thing is that these Abrahamic sects are very young in comparison with Oriental religions such as Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism etc, and have been influenced to a large extent by these far older oriental religions. Christianity is very young. It is not yet a million days since it was founded. Islam is the youngest.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by wiseone28: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2015
undecided let me ask Ifa
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
You dont have a pastor to ask abi grin
Na so you just book spaceundecided
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2015
wiseone28:
undecided let me ask Ifa
undecided
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by ApcSucks: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2015
Mere assumption I guess
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2015
elijah2u:
What's your opinion
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 12, 2015
ApcSucks:
Mere assumption I guess
I agree so.....
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2015
Welrez:
When the mythical Abraham (Ibrahim) left Iraq and went to Israel, passing through Turkey, he never knew he would found three religious sects that would haunt man through the ages. It's little known to many that the Korean, the Bible, and the Torah are essentially the same books. What differentiates them is their belief in different Prophets. Judaism takes to Abraham, Christianity believes in Jesus Christ, and Islam sees Prophet Mohammed as the last prophet in the generation of prophets sent by Allah. Islam recognises the prophethood of Jesus but not his divine statues. The Isaac and Ishmael dichotomy is remote in the context of contemporary clashes between these religious sects. But the funny thing is that these Abrahamic sects are very young in comparison with Oriental religions such as Buddhism, Taoism, etc, and have been influenced to a large extent by these far older oriental religions. Christianity is very young. It is not yet a million days since it was founded. Islam is the youngest.
Am afraid your writing is incoherent.. If the expression of their Faith is different they are not the same.So if taken to be that Ishmael is Islam and Christainity Isaac where did Buddhism come from
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
What's your opinion
read genesis chpt16 to chpt18 for beta undastanding, what peopl wil b sayin wl b very derailing, therefore, read those Bible verses
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2015
elijah2u:
read genesis chpt16 to chpt18 for beta undastanding, what peopl wil b sayin wl b very derailing, therefore, read those Bible verses
Have read it brother..... just share your own opinion
Re: The Doctrine Of Two Religion: Ishmael And Isaac by Welrez(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Am afraid your writing is incoherent.. If the expression of their Faith is different they are not the same.So if taken to be that Ishmael is Islam and Christainity Isaac where did Buddhism come from
I said they are similar because they have the same roots, which is Abraham. The Torah, the most important text in Judaism, consists of the Five Mosaic Books, also known as the Pentateuch. You will agree with me that the three religions derived their 'moral code' from these five books.
On Buddhism, it was founded by Buddha who was born around 563 B.C in India. It teaches about Sin and Karma, and how man can attain full freedom. Sorry if I sound incoherent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Atheism / “jesus Is NOT Coming BACK” – Roman Catholic Leaders SAID / Bible Scholars Tell Us Who And What All This Represent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.