Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Every Believer Is An Evangelist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Believer Is An Evangelist (856 Views)

10 Reasons Why Every Believer Must Speak In Tongues / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / We Voted For A BUHARI President But We Now Have An Evangelist ‘ Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
SO HOW ARE YOU FULFILLING YOUR MINISTRY?

2 TIMOTHY 4:5

But as for you, you must exercise habitual self-control, and not live a self-indulgent life, but do the duty of an evangelist and fully discharge the obligations of your office.

ARE YOU EVANGELIZING

1 Like

Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by PMBfirstson(m): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
But

How many of us seems to know that,we all busy hating on unbeleivers instead of showing them love and use that moment of love to draw their attention to Christ......
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
PMBfirstson:
But

How many of us seems to know that,we all busy hating on unbeleivers instead of showing them love and use that moment of love to draw their attention to Christ......

U GOT A POINT BRO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by Image123(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
All believers are witnesses, not evangelists. Actually, an evangelist is an office in the body of Christ like pastor,teacher,prophet and apostle.
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Image123:
All believers are witnesses, not evangelists. Actually, an evangelist is an office in the body of Christ like pastor,teacher,prophet and apostle.

read mark 16:14-18
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by Image123(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
bingbagbo:

read mark 16:14-18

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

It does not say that every believer is an evangelist. However, like i have said already, every believer is expected to be a witness for God. There is an office of an evangelist, He gave SOME evangelists, not all.
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2015
Image123:

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

It does not say that every believer is an evangelist. However, like i have said already, every believer is expected to be a witness for God. There is an office of an evangelist, He gave SOME evangelists, not all.

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by Image123(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
bingbagbo:

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Preaching does not make you an evangelist. God gave SOME evangelists, not all. Get the point, we are all called to WITNESS and share the good news or gospel, but we are not all called into the five offices in the church; evangelists, teachers, apostles, prophets and pastors.
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by NumberOne2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Image123:

Preaching does not make you an evangelist. God gave SOME evangelists, not all. Get the point, we are all called to WITNESS and share the good news or gospel, but we are not all called into the five offices in the church; evangelists, teachers, apostles, prophets and pastors.

Not to cause any controversy. It is not a church title as most of us think it is. Besides, it doesn't matter. Paul or Peter or James had no titles aside from being called Apostles which isnt a title either.

Google def:
Evangelist: a person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching.

You are given the title by what you do e.g an engineer is called such cos of his work. You are not an engineer before you learn engineering.
So if I preach, I am a preacher. If I teach, I am a teacher. If I preach in public, I am an evangelist and so on. I dont have to be confered such by the Church leadership. It is a gift from God not a title to be earned.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; - Ephesians 4:11
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 4:10am On Dec 31, 2015
Over to you
Re: Every Believer Is An Evangelist by bingbagbo(m): 4:10am On Dec 31, 2015
Over to you
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Shakitibobo Mixtape / Prayer Connects Mercy / Understanding Ephesians 2:8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.