Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78725 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2015
Dysnomia? Do you even know what that means? Lol. Funny guy.
Hiding behind the Internet to appear smart.
sukkot:
ohh the sweet shallow vacuous words of the blind in darkness. dysnomia
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
I did not insult you. I stated facts. And then I asked you what you think you know. I have a supervised weschler score of 142 about six years ago. I did another one earlier this year 138 on the raven progressive matrices though that one wasn't supervised. I received an invitation for a supervised Stanford binet test later this year. Looking to found a Nigerian mensa forum. Satisfied now? Back to the story of gods and fairies
Are IQ tests conducted here in Nigeria, or are u in diaspora?
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
Dysnomia? Do you even know what that means? Lol. Funny guy.
Hiding behind the Internet to appear smart.
bask in the ambiance of your ignorance.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2015
By the way, much of those 'contradictions' are mostly errors from translations, and from the writer's perspective.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2015
Come on! You're not making this any fun. How do in enjoy it if you're being so dull and unintelligent. Let's speak facts and ideas not silly meaningless retorts. Deal?
sukkot:
bask in the ambiance of your ignorance.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
Come on! You're not making this any fun. How do in enjoy it if you're being so dull and unintelligent. Let's speak facts and ideas not silly meaningless retorts. Deal?
the putrid vituperation of the walking dead. ahhhh very intriguing. entertain me
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2015
Diaspora? Lol. I don't know of any centre in Nigeria, though I haven't searched. The one I took was online, that's why I stated it was unsupervised. It's roughly accurate but not very reliable.
timonski:

Are IQ tests conducted here in Nigeria, or are u in diaspora?
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Lol. I just showed your comments to my colleagues and we are all laughing at you. Hilarious person. What's your real name love?
sukkot:
the putrid vituperation of the walking dead. ahhhh very intriguing. entertain me
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
Lol. I just showed your comments to my colleagues and we are all laughing at you. Hilarious person. What's your real name love?
entertain me. i am bored. say something funny
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by ilevic(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
The most dangerous thing to do is to carnally criticize the holy bible. Most of the bible verses here are written at different times with each refering to different time and event. And remember, the letter killeth but the spirit gives life. This is what you see when you Read the bible without the inspiration of the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
OK. You're a very smart and intelligent fellow. Ha ha ha ha. You like that joke?
sukkot:
entertain me. i am bored. say something funny
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
OK. You're a very smart and intelligent fellow. Ha ha ha ha. You like that joke?
nah that aint funny enough. say something funny dude. i need to pass a few hours and i got nothing to do. say something funny about your mama
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
It's very funny from this side of the table. As for bringing up my parents I would like to say I expected a bit more manners from you but who would I be deceiving?
sukkot:
nah that aint funny enough. say something funny dude. i need to pass a few hours and i got nothing to do. say something funny about your mama
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
It's very funny from this side of the table. As for bringing up my parents I would like to say I expected a bit more manners from you but who would I be deceiving?
tell me something funny about your mama
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Spy360:
Jesus said 'you err because you do not know the scriptures nor its power'. He even gave the teachers of the law a contradictory passage of the scripture which they were unable to explain. (Matt 22:15-46).

But until we understand that the Word of God is not mere letters, but actually spirit and life, we get nothing from it. Infact it will sound foolish as many have affirmed here. 'For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God' 1Corin1:18.

Though covered in letters (bible), the actual Word is the personality and power behind it. (John 1:1-5; 6:63).

Who also have made us able ministers of the new testament, (b) not of the letter but of the spirit; for the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life. (/b) 2Corin 3:6.

I can't explain how it works but those whose spirit are receptive to God knows this experience I am talking about.

So if you want contradictions you will find many, but those are the letters NOT THE WORD OF GOD.
I quoted for the benefit of those who have skipped. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Weah96: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ericsdm55:
I am surprised that someone actually got time to type so many verses of the Bible claiming they contradict one another. Please be rest assured that that the Bible remains God's true word.

Why did you continue to type after saying this? Someone is using common sense to show you contradictions in language, while you are settled on using insanity to make your point.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by JetReuel: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
The Bible has NEVER CONTRADICT and will never CONTRADICT itself... The Scriptures can be understood with relation to other parts of the scriptures. If you can take time to go through these verses, why not also take time to verify your findings like the Christians in Bereoa did. Except you believe God is confusing himself and us by giving us something that is contradictory.

Mark you GOD is PERFECT and there is no flaw in him... If He can make prophecies hundreds of years well in advance and it actually got fulfilled, how much more events that took place, or things he said, and He can't remember them when he is making reference
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Weah96: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
JetReuel:
The Bible has NEVER CONTRADICT and will never CONTRADICT itself... The Scriptures can be understood with relation to other parts of the scriptures. If you can take time to go through these verses, why not also take time to verify your findings like the Christians in Bereoa did. Except you believe God is confusing himself and us by giving us something that is contradictory.

Mark you GOD is PERFECT and there is no flaw in him... If He can make prophecies hundreds of years well in advance and it actually got fulfilled, how much more events that took place, or things he said, and He can't remember them when he is making reference

Prophecies have been fulfilled and others have failed miserably. It's like a Barcelona Madrid match. You win some, you lose some.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by uzoronwusa: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Despite your so called contradictions, I know that the lord Jesus Christ is respected by satan and his demons.demons tremble at his name.at the mention of his name, kingdoms bow.makes no difference.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
These diversionary tactics won't do you any good. Face the issue. I have an IQ in the 99th percentile, how can I be a fool?
Fact is your God is just as good as the tooth fairy
If u claimed to have an IQ, which am 120% sure u don't have any, u won't be arguing foolishly and i know your type.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Philadelphia: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
vapid:
That "God is not the author of confusion" should not be taken literally. He may be an author of confusion but you won't understand because you are not full of grey matter

See this one. It should not be taken literally because you are who? Na you write the bible? It clearly says He is not and you're saying He may be. You're just typing out of ignorance. That's an insult depending on how you see it.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Seriallinks(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
[b]ahhh but you see the general myth is that the bible is supposed to be understood by everyone. that is a myth. the LORD does not want everyone to understand the bible. the bible is never supposed to be understood by everyone. this is why the LORD always says stuff like the secrets of the kingdom are not given unto them but only unto the disciples which is why the words are written in symbols and parables. so your pastors are not supposed to be able to understand the bible. they are not ordained to understand the bible. the bible is only understood by a few and these few will emerge when the kingdom of God is established on earth. this is when the deeper understandings of the bible will be unleashed in the world. right now the world is in darkness. but the light is here. at the door. the light is the second coming. only then will you be introduced to what the bible is really about. until then ? everyone is reading it from a darkness perspective. and Jesus Christ does exist however i dont want to get too deep into it to confuse people. and if you read a few posts i made before this that should explain to you if the characters in the bible exist or not. in fact let me quote the post for you. and read the post critically and your answer is in there.[/b]

How would the world be judged if the word of GOD is not meant for everyone to understand? The word is not for sale and it's there for everyone to understand if he/she seeks wisdom and the spirit of discernment from the Holy spirit! I hope you do know that the LORD takes no pleasure in the death of a sinner, right? (Ezekiel 18:32)

Matthew 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Romans 10:14

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

==> Christ clearly said here that his words will condemn all who reject him; don't you think God's judgement would be unrighteous if people are condemned for what they are NOT supposed to understand when they hear or read? Chief buzugee, the underlined statement(s) in your post clearly contradicts the WORD and righteous judgement of God!

===>>

John 12:48

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by paulibling(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
the word of God is foolishness to carnal minds. O' Lord, Jesus, forgive them, amen.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
Seriallinks:

How would the world be judged if the word of GOD is not meant for everyone to understand? The word is not for sale and it's there for everyone to understand if he/she seeks wisdom and the spirit of discernment from the Holy spirit! I hope you do know that the LORD takes no pleasure in the death of a sinner, right? (Ezekiel 18:32)

Matthew 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Romans 10:14

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

==> Christ clearly said here that his words will condemn all who reject him; don't you think God's judgement would be unrighteous if people are condemned for what they are NOT supposed to understand when they hear or read? Chief buzugee, the underlined statement(s) in your post clearly contradicts the WORD and righteous judgement of God!

===>>

John 12:48

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
we are on the same page bruv. the word of God is meant for everyone. what is not meant for everyone is the esoteric understanding of the word of God. all the laws are easy to understand. do not steal kill cheat fornicate adultery homosexuality etc etc. thats not what i am talking about though. i am talking about HEARING the word of God. HEARING means understanding the esoteric

matthew 13 vs 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

mark 4 vs 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

matthew 13 vs 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

isaiah 6 vs 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

SO AS YOU CAN SEE ? GOD DOES NOT WANT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDING HIS SECRETS. THE PART OF THE BIBLE YOU WILL BE JUDGED ON IS UNDERSTANDABLE BY ALL WHICH ARE THE LAWS AND COMMANDMENTS

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oh now I'm not the writer of the Bible? Well of course I wouldn't lay claim to such a poorly written text full of contradictions. Funny people. When you see contradictions and spurious claims it should not be taken literally, but when other quotations that suit you it's "na you write the bible". Silly folks
Philadelphia:

See this one. It should not be taken literally because you are who? Na you write the bible? It clearly says He is not and you're saying He may be. You're just typing out of ignorance. That's an insult depending on how you see it.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Why would you believe someone can have a calculated IQ when in your world all that matters is subsistence...managing to survive to the next day. I'm arguing foolishly? Its counter the argument let's see how smart you are. Carrot
eliwa47:

If u claimed to have an IQ, which am 120% sure u don't have any, u won't be arguing foolishly and i know your type.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sistar007(m): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
I LOVE THE VIBES FROM THIS THREAD
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by horpsycoded: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmmm, am confused
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Seriallinks(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
we are on the same page bruv. the word of God is meant for everyone. what is not meant for everyone is the esoteric understanding of the word of God. all the laws are easy to understand. do not steal kill cheat fornicate adultery homosexuality etc etc. thats not what i am talking about though. i am talking about HEARING the word of God. HEARING means understanding the esoteric

matthew 13 vs 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

mark 4 vs 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

matthew 13 vs 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

isaiah 6 vs 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

SO AS YOU CAN SEE ? GOD DOES NOT WANT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDING HIS SECRETS. THE PART OF THE BIBLE YOU WILL BE JUDGED ON IS UNDERSTANDABLE BY ALL WHICH ARE THE LAWS AND COMMANDMENTS

Yes, this is nice! I understand your point now...

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2015
vapid:
Why would you believe someone can have a calculated IQ when in your world all that matters is subsistence...managing to survive to the next day. I'm arguing foolishly? Its counter the argument let's see how smart you are. Carrot
See yourself, managing to survive? I said u are a foool n u r there arguing blindly. i can manage you and your entire generation. after all you people lived on amnesty.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
the veil of the internet makes Bold the cowards of the world.
eliwa47:

See yourself, managing to survive? I said u are a foool n u r there arguing blindly. i can manage you and your entire generation. after all you people lived on amnesty.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
sholey4love:

then you dont know what atheist means

atheist is someone,that dont believe in rubbish.........if the truth pass him or her way,they accept it,and adjust....

their is going to be a strange war between religous-people and atheists in the future.....

i am more a nihilist....

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Is Dead / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.