Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator (867 Views)

Fire Razed Down Apartment In Makurdi In Benue State, Loses Million (photos) / 4 Houses Razed By Fire In Surulere, Lagos (Photos) / Fire Razed Two Buildings In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator by adanduka: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yesterday at about 8pm, a woman went to pour fuel into her generator which was on at the time.
While pouring the fuel, the next thing she saw was fire.
She fled the scene shouting for help.
Fire service came minutes later but save for properties quickly evacuated, everything was razed down.
We learnt that one of the occupants of a flat was not around so nothing was brought out from his side.
The good news is no life was lost and when our church went this morning to commiserate with them, we didn't find anyone.
Lessons learnt
1. Do not use generators very close to a building. House owners should insist that tenants keep generating sets away from the house.
2. Do not pour fuel into a generator that is on. Even if you stand the risk of missing 5 mins of a favorite soap episode or server shutdown (for business people); it is still safer.
3. Act quickly when a fire outbreak occurs.

Re: See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
undecided
Stop using "I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR"

SAY YES TO PERKINS...
Re: See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator by Abdullateef77(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: See House Razed Down By Fire From Generator by adanduka: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided
Stop using "I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR"

SAY YES TO PERKINS...

Hope Perkins is paying you for this marketing.

What happened had nothing to do with the type of generator.
Perkins can catch fire if being fueled during use.

(1) (Reply)

3bedroom Flat Bungalow 4 Sale On 1 Plot @ Ahmadiya Lagos Abk Exprsway Lagos 10m / Don't Make This Mistake; Fail To Own A Land Before Age 30 / Disposal/ Sale Of Landed Property @ Olodi Apapa (direct Brief)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.