Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria (672 Views)

Stretch Marks Fade Set Cream / HELP!! Bold 6 As A Modem,how Fast Is It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria by cokerfemi: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2015
Nigerians like every other human are insatiable..( If you dont believe me, give them jollof without plantain and see what i am talking about)

If you can recall like 7/8 years ago, Mr Biggs was still reigning and Tantalizers was their major competition. Sad to say, but today both have become bus stops in various location, many even regard them as non classy. Stuff from Mr. Biggs or Tantalizers won't even score any guy in a relationship a good point today like it used to before...
These two arent the only ones that have faded, we have mama kass, sweet sensations, quarter Jack, Chicken Licken, some have even faded that i am finding it hard to remember their name.
Inasmuch as these eatries have faded, you shouldnt be suprised if KFC joins them soon as they are already threading the same path these ones took

The MISTAKES made by the faded and fading ones

It all balls down to mismanagement but let me expatiate on this broad mismanagement. If you take a look at these companies i have mentioned above you will notice some common trends with them.
They all had good marketing campaigns but suddenly started laying back on adverts and branding schemes, dwelling on the fact that they had arrived, not knowing that was just the beginning of a

read more :http://femifactor..com/2015/07/how-fast-foods-fade-away-in-nigeria.html
Re: How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria by laurel03(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Everything na turn by turn..... Shoprite turn now
Re: How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria by osasboy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
OP, let me help you out.You are not totally correct when you say it is lack of advert that faded them away.
This is an industry I know very well.
These are some of the reasons they faded away.
1. Poor product
2. All the fast food produce similar product without introduction of new products
3. If you look at the fast food that are still functioning well today you would notice they have one or more special products you can't get in other fast food. KFC chicken,Tastees Aficana etc.
4. SME spring up,lots of people especially women are beginning to be entrepreneur ,which means they have more time to cook at home even if it is once a week.
5. Banking ,the mass retrenchment and restructuring of bankers salaries has reduced the bankers purchasing power.They used to me one of the highest partronisers of the fast food.
6. High cost of products,if you remember in the past you could get a pate of food at the fast food and drink for N500 but now you need an average of N1200 to get same.(Meanwhile you can get a good meal from mama put for N500 now)

I can go and on but for the purpose of this discuss let me stop here.

Thanks
Re: How Fast Foods Fade Away In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
osasboy:
OP, let me help you out.You are not totally correct when you say it is lack of advert that faded them away.
This is an industry I know very well.
These are some of the reasons they faded away.
1. Poor product
2. All the fast food produce similar product without introduction of new products
3. If you look at the fast food that are still functioning well today you would notice they have one or more special products you can't get in other fast food. KFC chicken,Tastees Aficana etc.
4. SME spring up,lots of people especially women are beginning to be entrepreneur ,which means they have more time to cook at home even if it is once a week.
5. Banking ,the mass retrenchment and restructuring of bankers salaries has reduced the bankers purchasing power.They used to me one of the highest partronisers of the fast food.
6. High cost of products,if you remember in the past you could get a pate of food at the fast food and drink for N500 but now you need an average of N1200 to get same.(Meanwhile you can get a good meal from mama put for N500 now)

I can go and on but for the purpose of this discuss let me stop here.

Thanks

You are very correct especially the part of cooking at home. i cook better than these fastfoods. The annoying thing is that they wonteven add enough ingrdients in the name of cutting cost.
Thier time don pass. tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Platinium Trio Wedding Ring Set For Just N13,950(does Not Tarnish) / Bitumen 60 70 Supplier. @ A Cheap Price Needed / Who Else Believes This Lie About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.